The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-12-04 03:41:28

Bridget
Barmaid
Website

Lira's Home

Lira doesn't want to fight a war. She doesn't want to, but she will. When her old family is taken captive by the Aspelians, Lira must make a choice: let them suffer, or enter the war. She knows that fighting back is a death sentence, but...

Please read and comment.

Please read The Mystic Wolf Pub Critiquing Guide.

SITE CONTENT POLICY:  The administrator of this site will not reject, remove, or censor any story posted to this site based on the story's content.  No story shall be removed except for purely technical reasons (which will be worked out with the author so that the story can be reposted as quickly as possible), or due to a direct order from the site's hosting provider, a law-enforcement entity, or the story's owner.

#2 2008-08-24 02:15:12

blacksmith14
Tipsy

Re: Lira's Home

great story , hope that you can add more.-blacksmith14

(posted from Chapter 4)

#3 2008-08-24 03:40:55

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Glad you enjoyed it.  There will eventually be more.

Thanks for your patience.
Eric

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#4 2008-10-30 01:36:48

AvidReader
Inebriated

Great story so far.  I'd like to see you tell us more about Murek, what his past is and what his interest in Lira is.  Also I'd like more background on the Aspelians.  What are their motives, what do they look like, what is their history?  I've read all of your series now and look forward to seeing all of them completed and many more in the future.  I haven't read any other author of stories of this type that has half the talent you have!   Keep up the good work!

(posted from Chapter 4)

#5 2008-10-30 16:31:35

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I appreciate the feedback.

As to Murek... uh, it's not called "Murek's Home".  He was a passing character that you're not likely to see again, so why would I spend time talking about his history?  Besides, his history is pretty much the same as Lira's:  A war-orphan.

As to the Aspelians... I'll take that under consideration as the story progresses.

Thanks again for the feedback,
Eric

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#6 2008-10-31 00:01:56

AvidReader
Inebriated

My mistake, I meant to ask about Sioran not Murek.  He seems to be central to the story somehow but he is kind of a shadowy figure so far.

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#7 2008-10-31 01:44:05

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

And that is entirely intentional... mwahahahaha.  3dsmile  Don't worry, you'll hear more about Sioran later.

Eric

----
Facebook page

#8 2008-12-10 11:28:12

advancewar
Wasted

i like it cant wait for more 3dbig_smile

(posted from Chapter 4)

life=books

#9 2009-05-21 13:20:46

Xanathos
Tipsy

A highly enjoyable read. Very exciting with great imagery. will their be any more to it?

(posted from Chapter 4)

#10 2009-05-21 15:24:14

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Eventually, yes.  I admit this story hasn't gotten the attention from me it deserves... mainly because no one seems to care about it.

Eric

----
Facebook page

#11 2010-01-11 22:52:01

Megabyte1949
Inebriated

Eric,
Like your other fans, I enjoy this story too. And, contrary to popular belief, we do care about this story and really want to know what happens after "To be continued...".
Ern

Ernie

( Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity! )

#12 2010-01-12 02:15:06

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I'm glad someone enjoys it, but you are definitely in the minority.  I will continue this story eventually, but it's probably going to keep getting pushed down the list while other projects take precedence.

Thanks for the feedback,
Eric

----
Facebook page

#13 2010-04-03 10:10:04

Megabyte1949
Inebriated

Eric:

I'm back again after re-reading "Lira's Home" for the second time hoping, somehow, some way, some day(?) Chapter 4 will not be the last chapter. All the same, I just wanted you to know "Lira's Home" was good enough to read more than just one time.

You have a way of using words to create reality in my mind so that the images and characters come to life. I noticed this with the first work of your's I read, Warmth of a Touch, and with all the remaining works I've read thus far.

So, keep up the good work, Eric.

Megabyte1949

Ernie

( Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity! )

#14 2010-04-04 09:08:24

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I'm glad you're enjoying the story.  Rest assured that Chapter 4 is not the last chapter that will be written.  None of my stories will be abandoned... but it may take a long time to get some of them finished.

Thanks for the feedback,
Eric

----
Facebook page

#15 2010-04-10 05:31:10

maintman02
Tipsy

I have just read this again and i must say, WOW. I really like the way you write, the way your stories read, a person like myself can see it in my mind as a movie. That is the only way I can say it. I can actually see it play out as I read it. I will be really glad when the next chapter comes out.
Thank you so much for keeping us entertained.
maintman02

(posted from Chapter 4)

#16 2010-04-10 09:19:39

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Glad you're enjoying the story.  Thanks for the feedback.

Eric

----
Facebook page

#17 2011-08-09 00:37:54

the pa
Tipsy

Great story, cant wait for more.

#18 2015-10-21 16:30:31

PApa3
Tipsy

Hi Eric,

It may have been lost or not in the Great Hack as I didn't check here before, but did you make any kind of announcement concerning this great book ?

Regards,

PApa3

Last edited by PApa3 (2015-10-21 16:30:49)

#19 2015-10-21 19:46:38

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I probably ought to change the status of this one to "Inactive".  I haven't given up on it, but as you can see, it's been a long time since I've written anything for it.  I hope to get back to it someday, but only the Universe knows when that will be.

Thanks for asking,
Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#20 2016-08-11 22:01:22

GornBCS
Tipsy

We few, we happy few fans of this story, will wait patiently....

#21 2017-12-15 01:21:51

howard
Inebriated

Excellent story thus far. It was a shock to discover that I had got to the (temporary) end. Good characters, good background. I feel certain there were significant 'plans' for it at one time, probably including magician/psionic training and removing the Aspelians.

(posted from Chapter 4)

#22 2017-12-15 07:49:07

Timberwolf92
Inebriated

An absolutely fabulous story. Sure am glad someone else commented on it rec ntly otherwise l may have ended up overlooking it.

(posted from Chapter 4)

#23 2018-08-03 11:22:27

Drowsy
Inebriated

Just Finished rereading this, would love to read more.

#24 2022-02-28 00:16:41

goldragon69
Inebriated

Please change the heading from Abandoned to Inactive.  It is well written so far and is begging to be finished someday.  To many exceptional writers have disappeared lately and left a large hole in the well written scifi genre let alone in scifi erotica.  LOL.  I have seen too many friends just give up and stop writing.  I still see them out there doing things but it seems that the joy is gone.  It makes me sad sometimes.  Eric, as I have said before you have a gift that 99% of the rest of the writers do not share.  You have heart and soul in you works not just erotica.

#25 2022-02-28 05:31:53

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I appreciate your kind words concerning my writing in general, and this book in particular.  Unfortunately, this story never really did "speak to me".  I think the complete lack of interest from the authors involved in the larger project killed what interest I did have in it.  I just decided that it made more sense to direct my energies to stories with better chances of seeing completion.

One of the big problems with Lira's Home is, of course, that it has a female protagonist.  I have found this to be a major obstacle to story progression for me.  Artifacts II was a nightmare to complete.  Artifacts III is likely to be just as hard.  Lira's Home faced this challenge on top of everything else.

I love the character of Lira.  I just can't tell her story.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

Board footer