The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#26 2022-03-31 21:08:23

goldragon69
Inebriated

Re: Lira's Home

LoL.  I am very sorry to say if you abandoned the Artifact series you would have a riot on your hands.  I understand about your difficulty with female protagonists but even with that issue you write it as if you have no issue at all.  I am assuming that it take longer to get into the correct frame of mind to put your thoughts into the proper "perspective" while writing the story.

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#27 2022-04-01 09:37:49

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Lira's Home

The truth is, it's impossible to get into the "right frame of mind".  I'm not a girl, so I cannot think like a girl.  I can only imagine how a girl would think, and the truth is those thoughts will never be quite right.  The trick is to get close enough that at least the (majority-male) readership doesn't notice.  The dream is to get close enough that the female readers (reader?  Is there more than one?) don't notice.  I doubt I have ever achieved this.

This is why my female leads tend to be very... boy-like in their attitudes.  Reba and Lira were both basically tomboys: they spent their time in the woods, hunting and trapping, getting dirty and generally not caring how incongruous it seemed.

As to A3... okay, I won't abandon it.  I'll just take another fifteen to twenty years to write the next installment, like I did with A2...

3dangel

Eric Storm

PS:  Unfortunately, while I am being facetious, there is a significant chance that I'm not wrong on how long A3 may take...  3dsad

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

Board footer