Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-06-15 23:38:14

Bridget
Barmaid
Website

Darkness Among Us

Darkness Among Us

The six Sages have become a thing of legend, and in a world remote and removed a couple of half breeds decided to turn the Mega-verse on its ear. This is the tale of their journey. And so much more.

Please read The Mystic Wolf Pub Critiquing Guide.

SITE CONTENT POLICY:  The administrator of this site will not reject, remove, or censor any story posted to this site based on the story's content.  No story shall be removed except for purely technical reasons (which will be worked out with the author so that the story can be reposted as quickly as possible), or due to a direct order from the site's hosting provider, a law-enforcement entity, or the story's owner.

#2 2012-06-15 23:42:43

Wicked Storm
Completely Blotto

Re: Darkness Among Us

I would just like to Say hello to you all and am Looking forward to some of the feedback on this peace. It is a work in progress and Chapter 1 will be up shortly. I just have to finish the edit i am doing of it right now. I have 3 written chapters thus far and am in the middle on working on chapter 4. As soon as i finish with chapter 4 I will be editing chapter 2 and uploading it. I want to stay two chapters ahead of releasing the story.

Also though we haven't got there, though the main character Identifies as female she is what is classified as a Futanari or Hermaphrodite. I will eleborate in the story. But wanted to make sure that everyone was clear on this before the story progressed.

In the dark your lips taste like sweet nectar, and in the line they tease me endlessly.

#3 2012-06-16 02:01:26

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Just a tip:  If the whole hermaphrodite thing is this important, it really ought to be in the story description.  Not everyone reads the forum before reading a story.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#4 2012-06-16 03:37:53

Wicked Storm
Completely Blotto

Will do Eric Will do. Will through that into the Story description. I am still actually working on the story description details. I did a general blurb but I need to write something a bit more drawing in my opinion.

In the dark your lips taste like sweet nectar, and in the line they tease me endlessly.

#5 2012-06-16 11:24:38

celf
Wasted

O boy i like this.

i like this a lot.

question 1

"and even less who had the bands ever came back therapist was known"

What? therapist ? that don't sound right. or work in the flow of the story.

question 2

"But to stem the possibility of a new warm breaking out"

warm? ( that's ment to be 'war' right? )

i spotted a lot of stuff like this. with the help of NaturalReader. ( a text to speech program that converts any written text into spoken words ) that's right from the program itself.
maybe if you used the same program you could pick up more yourself.
just google NaturalReader. ( there is a free version. )

But grate story i love the idea. more, more, more.

#6 2012-06-16 18:05:42

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

But grate story

Three things:

1. I love the irony of someone who can't spell, picking on someone else's spelling,
2. This kind of thing is exactly why you cannot rely on some computerized system to do the work for you, and
3. If you're going to rag on someone's writing mechanics, it is best done privately.  Especially when you, yourself, don't have the best of mechanical skills in writing.  It makes you look... well, let's leave it at "bad", though I thought of several other, less polite, words that it makes you look like.

Eric Storm

PS:  The word you wanted was "great", as in awesome, not "grate", as in that thing they put over holes to keep people from falling in them.

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#7 2012-06-16 18:42:17

Wicked Storm
Completely Blotto

Thank you for pointing out the Therapist one, its an auto correct short had that appears here and there that I have yet to removed from the auto correct profile on my word program. Thank you for your enjoyment of the story. I will have chapter two probably by the end of the week. I will also do some more prof reading. I spent most of the day editing the raw version of the story yesterday and thus I am pretty sure some stupid typing errors slipped past me. Spelling and grammar are something that I am constantly trying to improve upon. It does not deter me from my joy and love of writing though.

And Eric thank you for your defense.

oh and I do agree with Eric. If anyone finds small errors of this verity in any of my stories please tell me but in a private message or email. Also telling me where they are in the story and what chapter will help as well. Thank you in advance.

Those small edits have been found and corrected and re-posted as well.

Last edited by Wicked Storm (2012-06-16 18:48:33)

#8 2012-06-16 22:50:02

celf
Wasted

Eric Storm wrote:

But grate story

3. If you're going to rag on someone's writing mechanics, it is best done privately.  Especially when you, yourself, don't have the best of mechanical skills in writing.  It makes you look... well, let's leave it at "bad", though I thought of several other, less polite, words that it makes you look like.

Eric Storm

PS:  The word you wanted was "great", as in awesome, not "grate", as in that thing they put over holes to keep people from falling in them.

ok great/grate ( i hate my stupid dyslexia. i did not even know i did it with that word. )

re 3. Oh Sh*t that did not even cross my mind, Sorry. and yes looking back it was stupid and yes i look like a jackass. again Sorry.

re Wicked Storm
i was in no way trying to put you down or dig at you. just trying to help that is all, sorry. if it came over as anything other than that i am sorry, but there was no evil intent or hate behind the words just some one who wished to help is all.

Last edited by celf (2012-06-16 22:50:41)

#9 2012-06-17 00:33:22

Wicked Storm
Completely Blotto

@celf It is okay, I took it for what it was, and I actually downloaded the program you suggested and am currently using it to go over chapter 1 with a fine tooth comb to get those pesky little grammar errors I am so fond of. As I don't have an editor, a lot of this work I have to do myself, and as most of us know it is hard to see ones own errors. But YAY. I am actually working on chapter 4 at the same time. It is currently 3699 words deep.

#10 2012-06-17 01:04:55

celf
Wasted

yep, i do love NaturalReader it's a great little program.
i use it every day, i don't think i have one computer with it not installed on it.
O wait i tell a lie, i still have one PC with textassist v4.0 ( it's a older program, it does the same job. )

good news about chapter 4 3dsmile

I my self am working on chapter 11 of 'Life as a Teenage Human Girl'. or as i like to call it LAATHG ( save's time typeing. ) got 900 odd words done but i hit a mini block. ( or i hope it's a mini block. )

but i am waiting on chapter 2 of 'Darkness Among Us' you got me hooked.

#11 2012-06-17 01:09:08

Wicked Storm
Completely Blotto

Well As soon as I am done with Chapter 4 I will edit chapter 2. I want to stay two chapters ahead of my posting curve. So that If I for some odd reason stall out, I am able to publish things over time. I have NR 9 it works pretty good though I want to download some new voice packs for it. LOL! It is helping me to find small errors. So i am quite enjoying it. I should have a completely fine tuned version of chapter 1 up on the site by the end of tonight hopefully. Doing two things at once often times complicates the speed in which I am able to post things.

#12 2012-06-17 01:27:37

celf
Wasted

if you find a good voice for the 'Free NR 9' let me know.

but luck be with me, i have 2 laptop's, one has got win XP, the other got win 7.

XP and vista/7 Don't have the same Voice file's ( 'Free NR 9' use's the MS voice file's that Comes with windows. )

this let me hear the text useing two voice's, as they don't have the same code, i find some word's that i missed with the other one. 

if that Tip about windows Voice file's helps, well i am happy i could help. ( i have not found a way to Copy the XP or Vista/7 Voice file's to the other system. )

#13 2012-06-17 02:44:49

Wicked Storm
Completely Blotto

I am looking around, but I am not to arsed about it right now. I will find new voices if I really need it. Chapter 4 is now 4,636 words.

Okay chapter 1 should now be 99% free of simple grammatical errors and miss spellings. If anyone does find anything, please feel free to pm with them and where they are in the story. I have put the update up and am very glad to have finished it before Midnight my time.

Okay the Prologue is edited as well of 99% of the simple grammatical errors and miss-spellings. YAY. Good news is I just finished chapter four which means now chapter two gets an edit!

Last edited by Wicked Storm (2012-06-17 05:18:22)

#14 2012-06-17 07:54:02

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Just so people don't go looking for it:  There is no private messaging system on this forum, but you can use a form to email Wicked Storm directly.  Just click the "Email" link on one of her posts.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#15 2012-06-17 08:14:13

Wicked Storm
Completely Blotto

Ha, ha my bad about the PM comment. I am just use to other forum sites. Yes, please send emails instead. Much better method. I check my email pretty regularly. ;P

Okay just so you know, I have done several edits of the Prologue now, and will be further working on Chapter 1 so that it read smoother and hopefully taking the grammar up a notch. For all of those who read my stories and do it while they are still bet tweak to the most readable level. I thank you for your patients and continued reading. I type tremendously fast, however my brain doesn't spell as fast as I type so there are a lot of stupid errors in my stories. I am trying to teach myself to slow down and to go back and edit.

Last edited by Wicked Storm (2012-06-20 23:44:56)

#16 2012-06-24 05:59:27

Wicked Storm
Completely Blotto

Wow, so I had a friend of mine who is really good at editing and proof reading. She has read and proofed Prologue. She made quite a lot of punctuation edits, and some grammar fixes. Which means I have uploaded the chapter again. But this will be the last time. Now to focus on chapter 1, the hope is that when I have edited it and she proof's it for me it should h ave only one more update to it. I will do the same with chapter two and three! So yay! I hope that all of you enjoy!

#17 2012-07-08 16:50:23

partha8993
Inebriated

so, is this story has elements from digimon?  no offence though ,i just noticed some concepts from there. i loved the story and also, to tell the truth, i am a fan of fur too.

(posted from the Item Information Page)

Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

#18 2012-07-14 23:48:24

Wicked Storm
Completely Blotto

Well Partha8993 the influence is different from dimension to dimension. This planet has more then just Digi-Mon idea to it. But you are right that it has an influence to it. However as I said in the opening statement in the prologue its all using concept and not actual cannon. I am hoping to change things enough to make them my own and also pay homage to the idea. I mean how many author's are inspired by an idea they have heard or seen some where else and put there own spin on it. No offence is taken at all. I like when people see the ideas i am trying to put in there. Thanks for the comment, the chapter 1 edit will be up soon 3 pages left to the edit actually. Then it will read much smoother.

#19 2012-07-15 00:55:37

Wicked Storm
Completely Blotto

Alright everyone! We have finished the edit on Chapter 1. We now have uploaded it. We hope that it reads much better for everyone. Chapter 2 is under proof-read and edit by my editor, and I am 5k words away from finishing the re-write of chapter 3. Which then will be sent to my editor for proof read and editing. Once that has happened I will be putting a lot of time and effort into the chapter 4 and five edits and finishing. Hope you guys do enjoy this story and a lot of fun is coming your way.

#20 2012-11-06 18:44:41

Wicked Storm
Completely Blotto

Alright everyone so my editor is having personal life issues. So I have decided that though I want the story to be the best that I will be posting it in its second stage of proof reading before it has been edited. This means things might change chapters might get shorter later and so on and so forth. However I want you all to have a chance to read the story. So later today once I have finished the second stage of proof reading chapter 3 it will be up. It has been finished being written so that is a good start.

#21 2012-11-07 20:02:51

Freon22
Wasted

Thank You! I just finished chapter 3 and am getting into this story, can't wait for chapter 4. :-)

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”

― Abraham Lincoln

#22 2012-11-09 18:24:45

Wicked Storm
Completely Blotto

@freon22 I am almost finished with chapter 4's edit I am trying to shorten the chapters a bit. And once I can get an editor to be consistent with me then I will be turning them out even better not faster but a better product. I clipped chapter 4 so it should be a faster read and for me a faster edit. I only have 725 words left to re-write, then I will go through the secondary proof reading process. Thank so much for the love. ^_^ keep reading.

#23 2015-12-15 04:08:04

johnny rotten
Inebriated

Love the story and encourage you to finish it....

#24 2016-02-06 19:28:11

Shaggy18
Inebriated

Love this story. I love the concept of the hybrids, especially Indigo she seems like an awesome character. I can't wait to read more of this fantastic story.

#25 2016-03-08 04:35:07

Wicked Storm
Completely Blotto

Thank you Shaggy I will be seeing what I can do about bring this story back to life but it is on the back burner until Archon 2 is finished. And it will be probably after Brimstone continues.

Board footer