The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#76 2015-11-11 01:54:05

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Woodward Academy, Year 5, The

1) If you want to write up and submit an idea, go ahead.  Do it through email.  If it's a major plot, however, it is unlikely to appear, as I have the major plotlines worked out through the end of book 8, which is the last in the series.

2) I think it's safe to say that no other student would attempt to put someone in their Conjuring Room, since it is the equivalent of murder.  Granted, it wouldn't kill David, but the crime would still exist.

3) The DNA in David's room is now 5 full years old, sitting out in an environment that isn't exactly designed for preserving biological material.  I'm pretty sure it's not viable anymore.  Furthermore, cloning isn't a terribly good option for children, and as far as I am aware, no one has managed to pull the DNA out of sperm to put in other DNA.  I don't understand the fascination with trying to give David children.  It is a very BAD idea for him to have children, whether they are immortal or not.  In case you missed the conversation, it goes like this:  David, with immortal children, quickly overruns the planet with nothing but his offspring.  David, with mortal children, gets to watch each and every one of them die.  Not great for the psyche.

4) David is attending school a full timezone away from where he grew up.  It would be very odd for him to be called into a case that coincidentally involved his former schoolmates.  As to his parents, there is nothing but bad blood between them at this point.  It is just as unlikely that he'd be called upon to help them with an issue.

5) Some of your questions make me wonder about how much you've been paying attention to the series.  You saw David become a demighost in book 1.  David had just graduated high school in the first scene of book 1.  He has been at the Academy for five years now (at the end of book 5).  Given that each book represents one year of time, I would have thought you could figure out how long he's been a demighost, and how old he is, for yourself.  For the record, at the end of book 5, he has been a demighost for almost 5 years, and he is 23 years old.  The weirdness of this pair of questions makes me wonder if you were actually referring to Jacob, instead of David.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#77 2015-11-11 02:03:59

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

To answer further questions:

1) They would be aware that demighosts cannot have children, thus this would not be an issue.

2) The King would never ask the demighosts to get together.  Most demighosts are not exactly helpful individuals.  I see no benefit to setting a specific number of demighosts: what we know is that there are very few of them.  That should be sufficient.

3) The people exiled (not deported: they imply different things) to Earth is a small number, and they have been forbidden to do magic.  Should they cause trouble non-magically, the police of Eureka would handle it.  Should they use magic to cause trouble, the Rimohrs would come down on their heads.  A wizard cannot be "prevented" from doing magic.  However, when their license is revoked, their wand is taken away, and they are placed on a trace.  If they perform magic after that point, the Rimohrs know it, and will come and arrest them, taking them to a wizard prison, which is not a nice place to be.

4) Whether someone serves time in a Callamandian prison before exile all depends on the crime, but generally, yes, they will "do time" first.  This is to make sure everyone receives some form of punishment.  Consider someone who plans to return to Earth permanently, anyway.  This person could conceivably commit a crime with no consequences if the only sentence was exile.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#78 2015-11-11 12:22:09

Barbarian3165
Completely Blotto

Perhaps you should reread the story from the beginning to get some of your answers.

#79 2015-11-12 20:47:58

islandman79#
Inebriated

I have a question /?   Is the Woodward serious fully written & finished?  I have followed it for a long time . Since finding the site.   If it is finished / I would ask if possible to pay or donate $ to finish the series before I pass away.
I have been diagnosed with the big C 2 years ago n treatment are not working so well.   Since you have said that it's got 3 books left

#80 2015-11-12 20:49:01

islandman79#
Inebriated

Your work is on my bucket list

#81 2015-11-12 20:50:02

islandman79#
Inebriated

Side note I do reread the series as my memory is not the best nowadays

#82 2015-11-12 21:39:34

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Unfortunately, no, it's not fully written.  I have it outlined, but I have only written through to Year 6, Chapter 3.  I used to be much further ahead of the posting schedule, but this year and last year have not been kind to me.

Sorry to hear about your illness.  Let my stories be a reason to keep pushing.  You can't go until you've read it all.

Good luck,
Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#83 2015-11-14 18:48:15

islandman79#
Inebriated

God sick today & have reread series again. Desperate to read soothing new

#84 2015-11-14 19:06:27

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

So read another of my stories.  Or read someone else's story.  Or... read the back of your shampoo bottle.  When was the last time you did that? 

3dsmile

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#85 2015-11-23 18:18:56

Kevin1952
Tipsy

When does The Woodward Academy, Book 5 Chapter 6 post please?

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#86 2015-11-23 18:31:54

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

The Woodward Academy series is on a monthly posting cycle.  The next chapter will appear on the 1st of the month.

Eric Storm

PS:  It is normally rude behavior to ask a writer when he's going to post the next chapter of something.  In this case, since you knew it was already written, it's okay.

----
Facebook page

#87 2015-11-28 21:46:48

riun
Inebriated

I attempted reading my shampoo bottle. As the aforementioned post stated I was okay until I got to the inactive ingredients. My college level reading ability failed me with ingredients like guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride and methylchloroisothiazolinone. Knowing how much trouble you have with creating new spell names feel free to use those.

3dtongue

Last edited by riun (2015-11-28 21:47:14)

"The curse of a reader is reading faster than the author can write (or post)."

#88 2015-11-28 21:53:51

riun
Inebriated

On a semi serious note I seem to remember that you said in a old forum post that has long been nuked by he who should be flogged. That most of your stories take place in the Justice 7 Universe. Is WA in it as well? Day dreaming of a Paladin, David team up.

Last edited by riun (2015-11-28 21:55:57)

#89 2015-11-29 03:50:23

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

No, J7 and Woodward Academy are separate universes.  I have three primary universes at this point:

CAMP - now permanently closed to further entries, and containing two novels
Dugerra - with ongoing and several planned stories, currently containing five novels
Project GUARDIAN - with ongoing stories, currently with three novels and at least two short stories, and various concepts thought up, but nothing in the planning stages

These aren't the only universes I write in, but they are my primary ones.  (I include CAMP as a "primary" universe only due to its popularity.)

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#90 2015-12-01 10:21:20

StoryJunkie
Wasted

I won't say I knew he would get into that (no spoilers lol) but I can see why he would.....man, the summer months are good to read, but now I'm really looking forward to the next school year and see what's next

oh and yet another great month Eric, in fact this might be my favorite so far 3dbig_smile

(posted from Chapter 12: May)

Last edited by StoryJunkie (2015-12-01 10:22:32)

#91 2015-12-01 16:17:56

shadowwolf
Tipsy

Thank you for another wonderful chapter! Please consider adding to a near future chapter a summary of David's achievements, awards, etc. as well as a brief blurb on their significance. For example, how rare is the Potions Master level that he earned, and and could he go for the next level yet if he had the time?

#92 2015-12-01 16:47:57

turshen
Inebriated

Excellent! I would like to find out more about the Clan conspiracy and their goals.

#93 2015-12-01 17:18:02

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Glad you all are liking the chapter.

shadowwolf: Coincidentally, such a listing, and an answer to your question concerning potions, will appear in Chapter 1 of book 6.

turshen: We will eventually find out what's up with The Clan, but it's going to take a while.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#94 2015-12-01 17:38:24

Archangel1962
Wasted

Well I think I'm surprised I wasn't expecting it to be that intense (much feels many wows.) I look forward to the next Year.

BALLAD of The US Navy SEAL Teams
Im a lover, a fighter, I'm a UDT Navy SEAL diver. Last of the bare-knuckle fighters.
No muff too tough, I dive for five, tuck, suck, fuck, nibble and chew.I dine and interwine, masturbate, ejaculate and copulate.Been around the world twice, and talked to everyone once. Seen two white whales fuck, and been to two pigmy picnics.Met a man from Nantucket with a marble head and wooden cock, and ladies, if you dont like my face you can sit on it.

#95 2015-12-01 18:57:22

thehilz
Completely Blotto

I was going to just say excellent chapter and I liked how you didn't leave us with any big cliffhanger until I read your post. Now next month can't come soon enough. Keep up the great work.

Last edited by thehilz (2015-12-01 18:57:45)

#96 2015-12-01 20:12:28

cool74
Inebriated

How dare you make me cry!!!!!!

On a serious not great chapter as always and I can't wait for the next book.

#97 2015-12-01 21:16:41

johnny rotten
Inebriated

Another great chapter!
Checked out your illustrations on the characters and thought the one on David a little pale. If that was what he really look like he would have been outed right away.
Just saying.....
Keep up the great work!
as always
johnny rotten

(posted from Chapter 6: November)

#98 2015-12-01 23:33:47

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Because albinism never happens?

He has no blood in his body.  He would be exceedingly pale.  But there are various conditions that can cause that kind of thing.  It would make him stand out, but it would not point to him being a demighost by itself.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#99 2015-12-02 01:07:21

riun
Inebriated

A nice loooong chapter. Good job tying up the loose ends.

Sadly the answer to everyone's question "What does that amulet do?" was never answered. How many chapters does it take find out? The world may never know.

Last edited by riun (2015-12-02 01:12:19)

#100 2015-12-02 04:14:18

Barbarian3165
Completely Blotto

I'm betting we don't get to know what the Amulet actually does until David needs to use it, for whatever reason.

I also enjoyed the chapter and can't wait for book 6 to start.  I'm hoping you've found some inspiration for your writing, since last I remember you were only up to month 3 of book 6.  Although I think you mentioned that pre-website hacking.

Board footer