The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#151 2017-05-03 04:11:20

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

Re: Woodward Academy, Year 5, The

M8 beat me too it gratz Eric

"I figure that if you can't write decent dialogue for the devil, maybe you shouldn't be a writer."-Richard Kadrey

#152 2023-01-24 14:38:36

drestnar
Inebriated

Absolutely love this series. The format has been fixed and the loading into a different screen to read is smooth. Thank you for one of my favorite novels.
I think this is my fifth read through.
I hope you and the muses see another series in this world with David. A few thousand years gives you so much potential.
Thank you

(posted from Chapter 2: July)

#153 2023-01-24 23:06:48

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Glad you like the stories.  Two questions:

Only a "few thousand" years for David?  He's immortal.  Shouldn't that be a "few billion" years?

When you say the "format has been fixed", what are you referring to?

Eric Storm

PS:  Seriously, a new series featuring David specifically is highly unlikely.

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#154 2023-02-03 00:05:33

Elessar
Completely Blotto

I’m over all excited to see an adventure with the dragon. It may not be a full 10 chapter story but I am sure you could scrawl 3-4 months into a 4-5 chapter story.

#155 2023-02-03 09:53:11

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

And what, exactly, do you expect would happen over a 3-4 month period in the life of a dragon living with a family that lives in a castle, at a school, in peacetime?

I'm sorry, I don't write sitcoms, and that is pretty much the perfect setup for one...

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#156 2023-02-03 16:56:30

Elessar
Completely Blotto

That is fair. However, couldn’t it be possible he has some sort of “divine† quest to save someone, group of someone’s. Or it could be that the dragons need the touch or a human, or close enough being a Demi. It’s possible, I would write something if I was any good. I could do a rough draft and show you and you could completely change… I mean fix it to flow smooth.

Eric Storm wrote:

And what, exactly, do you expect would happen over a 3-4 month period in the life of a dragon living with a family that lives in a castle, at a school, in peacetime?

I'm sorry, I don't write sitcoms, and that is pretty much the perfect setup for one...

Eric Storm

#157 2023-02-04 02:10:06

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Elessar wrote:

That is fair. However, couldn’t it be possible he has some sort of “divine�  quest to save someone, group of someone’s. Or it could be that the dragons need the touch or a human, or close enough being a Demi. It’s possible, I would write something if I was any good. I could do a rough draft and show you and you could completely change… I mean fix it to flow smooth

Yeah, you can't even write a coherent forum post, let alone an entire story.  (This may sound snarky, but realize I had to read your post like three times before I had any confidence in my understanding of what you were trying to say.  Slow down, take the time to write clearly, and PROOFREAD.)

"he has some sort of 'divine' quest..." -  That would be something involving David, not the dragon.  Dragons do not do "quests".  They feel themselves above such nonsense.  And David wouldn't be doing any kind of "quest", either, unless it was a request from the king, and then he almost certainly wouldn't be bringing along a juvenile dragon.

And if your "he" was referring to the dragon... pay closer attention: the dragon will be a girl.

" Or it could be that the dragons need the touch or a human, or close enough being a Demi."  And even after my now fifth read-through, I haven't the vaguest fucking clue what you're trying to say here.

"you could completely change… I mean fix it to flow smooth" - First I'd have to translate it into English.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#158 2023-02-04 20:32:04

Elessar
Completely Blotto

You are right. My apology for even attempting to give any sort of crazy idea that could give you ANYTHING to write. I didn't realize there was no male dragons that David knew, I guess I must have missed that part.

#159 2023-02-04 21:56:55

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Elessar wrote:

You are right. My apology for even attempting to give any sort of crazy idea that could give you ANYTHING to write. I didn't realize there was no male dragons that David knew, I guess I must have missed that part.

Elessar previously wrote:

I’m over all excited to see an adventure with the dragon.

(Emphasis added)

Now, given the circumstances under which this previous comment was made, "the" dragon could only reasonably apply to Tiamat's daughter, a female dragon.  My responses were made on that basis.  At no point did you indicate - in any way that was comprehensible - that you were referring to some other dragon, or to any random dragon that David might know.  As such, I gave you the situation as it pertains to Tiamat's daughter.  And, given that your expressed interest was in a story about Tiamat's daughter (or, at least, that is the impression you gave), then a story featuring some other dragon wouldn't even satisfy the interest you were expressing.

Now, I'm sorry that you're upset that I misinterpreted what you were saying.  Perhaps if you had said it in English, instead of Gibberish, I would have had a clearer understanding of the ideas you were trying to convey.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

Board footer