Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-01-01 05:52:06

Bridget
Barmaid
Website

Woodward Academy, Year 6, The

The Woodward Academy, Year 6

Before starting his sixth year at Woodward Academy, David Stroud enters the Rimohr Internship Program.  Training to be a Rimohr, while also accepting the responsibility to direct the security department at Woodward, David still has to complete his schooling...

And what's with the strange things that start happening to the people around him?

Please read The Mystic Wolf Pub Critiquing Guide.

SITE CONTENT POLICY:  The administrator of this site will not reject, remove, or censor any story posted to this site based on the story's content.  No story shall be removed except for purely technical reasons (which will be worked out with the author so that the story can be reposted as quickly as possible), or due to a direct order from the site's hosting provider, a law-enforcement entity, or the story's owner.

#2 2016-01-01 06:40:19

riun
Inebriated

Re: Woodward Academy, Year 6, The

Woot first one to read the first chapter and post for book. 3dtongue Great chapter by the way Eric.

Last edited by riun (2016-01-01 06:40:55)

"The curse of a reader is reading faster than the author can write (or post)."

#3 2016-01-01 06:40:37

SkiesEnd
Inebriated

Great as usual, got to the end and couldnt believe it was over already.  I am looking forward to the next chapter.  Keep up the great work and happy holidays!~

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#4 2016-01-01 06:47:31

Crusader
Wasted

"referee and a babysitter"

HA! I wish police only had to be referees in our world.

(posted from Chapter 1: June)

#5 2016-01-01 08:09:57

StoryJunkie
Wasted

This is looking interesting, great work again Eric.

#6 2016-01-01 13:16:33

zipybug14
Inebriated

"Patience"  Wonderfully done Eric.  Happy New Years!

#7 2016-01-01 16:54:01

Archangel1962
Wasted

Hehe getting a little impatient isn't he. I know the feeling. Keep up the hard work.

BALLAD of The US Navy SEAL Teams
Im a lover, a fighter, I'm a UDT Navy SEAL diver. Last of the bare-knuckle fighters.
No muff too tough, I dive for five, tuck, suck, fuck, nibble and chew.I dine and interwine, masturbate, ejaculate and copulate.Been around the world twice, and talked to everyone once. Seen two white whales fuck, and been to two pigmy picnics.Met a man from Nantucket with a marble head and wooden cock, and ladies, if you dont like my face you can sit on it.

#8 2016-01-01 17:02:13

Rescue25
Wasted

Getting interesting now that the gang is way in the background.  Will be something else to see how David uses his skills to teach the department new ways of handling things.

B

#9 2016-01-01 17:03:43

Rescue25
Wasted

The months go by as slowly as in real life.

B

(posted from Calendar of Events - PRM)

#10 2016-01-01 18:17:44

turshen
Inebriated

Admin wrote:

The Woodward Academy, Year 6

Before starting his sixth year at Woodward Academy, David Stroud enters the Rimohr Internship Program.  Training to be a Rimohr, while also accepting the responsibility to direct the security department at Woodward, David still has to complete his schooling...

And what's with the strange things that start happening to the people around him?

An excellent chapter. Thank you and Happy New Year!

#11 2016-01-01 20:55:11

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the story so far.  I hope you continue to do so.  (And I hope I can get it written so you CAN enjoy it...)

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#12 2016-01-02 08:26:31

bleifusj
Tipsy

I know that ghosts are not allowed to testify in court but what about in murder cases where the ghost is the victim? If someone gets killed and sees their killer, it would be the easiest way to solve the crime.

#13 2016-01-02 17:50:13

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

But is still not allowed.  The main reason is that there is no good way to punish a ghost for lying in court.  The Rimohrs could certainly ask the victim who killed them, but they could only use that information as a jumping-off point to discover tangible evidence of the person's guilt.

Regards,
Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#14 2016-01-02 23:37:44

SlaveMaster
Wasted

Loved the chapter, there a few details that I'm not sure if you omitted or  forgot to mention during his interview for his internship. For example the chevrons from the king of his achievements and the possibility that the peg riding guild will be royaly endorsed if he were to meet the Kings requirement. All in all good chapter waiting for next months chapter

Welcome to The Mystic Wolf Pub

#15 2016-01-03 03:02:11

spookytoes
Tipsy

I dont think it would have made much of a difference, he's still only an intern at the moment. Plus he wears all his badges when ever he goes anywhere of importance in duggerra and since im sure the interviewers arent idiots they probably saw his chevrons. The peg riding guild is new so it still wouldnt carry a whole lot of weight as opposed to his ability to start one as co-founder.

#16 2016-01-03 04:22:29

JJ Richards
Inebriated

Job well done, Eric. Enjoyed the chapter immensely... "Whats a Semi?"  Left me ROFLOL! :-)

Happy New Year and Good luck staying ahead of us!

JJ

#17 2016-01-03 06:11:29

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

SlaveMaster: 

I considered mentioning the chevrons from the king, but they are not, in and of themselves, an achievement.  They are an award for an achievement.  That achievement was part of his potions mastery, which he did mention, so I felt the issue was covered.  I thought that him mentioning his chevrons would be more bragging than anything.  As to the guild being royally endorsed... well, that's a highly conditional situation, so there's not much point in mentioning it.  In fact, it could work against him, in that it shows he has another commitment that will be eating into his internship time.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#18 2016-01-20 05:39:25

iskoaya
Inebriated

i thought he received the two chevrons from the king for sharing the blood-bank potion with the public to help the vampires and lamias, waving his rights to charge for them.

#19 2016-01-20 06:46:53

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Technically, it's split.  One chevron is for creating the potion in the first place.  The OTHER chevron is for giving it away.  (Yeah, I know, I never made that clear in-story.  It wasn't important.)  In any case, the chevrons really aren't, in and of themselves, an "achievement" that one could use as a qualification.  Chevrons can be given by a sitting king for literally anything at all they deem meritorious.  Instead, the important thing for your "resume" (so to speak) would be what caused you to get the chevrons.  In this case, that would be his potions mastery, which he had already mentioned.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#20 2016-02-01 12:41:27

Archangel1962
Wasted

Another great chapter as always. I found the case interesting and hope to see the final outcome. As always I look forward to the next chapter.

(posted from Chapter 2: July)

BALLAD of The US Navy SEAL Teams
Im a lover, a fighter, I'm a UDT Navy SEAL diver. Last of the bare-knuckle fighters.
No muff too tough, I dive for five, tuck, suck, fuck, nibble and chew.I dine and interwine, masturbate, ejaculate and copulate.Been around the world twice, and talked to everyone once. Seen two white whales fuck, and been to two pigmy picnics.Met a man from Nantucket with a marble head and wooden cock, and ladies, if you dont like my face you can sit on it.

#21 2016-02-01 15:35:21

StoryJunkie
Wasted

Another great chapter, I liked the case but was a little surprised at what Vivian said (maybe surprised isn't the right term, but it was kind of surprising) I also am now looking forward to him getting back to school after his talk with Dean Lengel.

#22 2016-02-01 17:56:28

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

You found it surprising that she doesn't really like her job?  Why?

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#23 2016-02-02 04:21:19

turshen
Inebriated

Thanks for a solidly entertaining chapter!

#24 2016-02-03 16:10:35

thehilz
Completely Blotto

Wouldn't be surprised if Vivian became his deputy chief. As always was a great read. Looking forward to next months chapter.

#25 2016-02-05 22:54:16

KaosKing
Inebriated

Very interesting chapter. I'm pretty satisfied with how things are going. If it doesn't happen this year, I suspect next year the War will begin and we'll see all of David's hard work put to use. That, or we'll see it after Year 7.

Mostly speculation, and possible outcomes from the awesome foreshadowing. Great Story as always Eric! I always look forward to the update for this story, oddly I nearly forgot this month! February snuck up on me.

Board footer