The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#426 2016-11-01 08:53:37

jdale
Inebriated

Re: Woodward Academy, Year 6, The

wow.  saying this was a great chapter that doesn't say enough.

(posted from Chapter 11: April)

#427 2016-11-01 10:41:57

Archangel1962
Wasted

I think this is one of the better chapters I've read in this series, and look forward to more like it. I find it even more impressive that you wrote it in as fast as you did. As always keep up the good work and I look forward to the next chapter.

(posted from Chapter 11: April)

BALLAD of The US Navy SEAL Teams
Im a lover, a fighter, I'm a UDT Navy SEAL diver. Last of the bare-knuckle fighters.
No muff too tough, I dive for five, tuck, suck, fuck, nibble and chew.I dine and interwine, masturbate, ejaculate and copulate.Been around the world twice, and talked to everyone once. Seen two white whales fuck, and been to two pigmy picnics.Met a man from Nantucket with a marble head and wooden cock, and ladies, if you dont like my face you can sit on it.

#428 2016-11-01 16:08:59

Fenixreign
Completely Blotto

As cool as Goliath was in the cartoon, I would really enjoy seeing a "Hudson" that maybe Lord Woodward knew his grandfather or even him from the previous wars.

#429 2016-11-01 16:44:22

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Glad everyone enjoyed the chapter... though seems like the last couple paragraphs are getting all the love...  3dsmile

Thehilz: I like Gargoyles.  I love Goliath.  He's just one of those guys you don't mess with.

Fenixreign: In order to emulate Hudson, I'd have to go back and watch the cartoons.  It's been a long time since I saw them, and wouldn't remember the details.  I don't even remember the details on Goliath, except as previously mentioned:  Don't mess with him!

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#430 2016-11-01 22:10:06

thehilz
Completely Blotto

I also love the cartoon so much that I normally end up watching the series once every year or two. I do think that a Hudson kind of character(an old gargoyle)could open up a lot of possibilities.

#431 2016-11-02 02:11:58

Barbarian3165
Completely Blotto

I'd love to see David start taking war and castle defense lessons from Lord Woodward.

#432 2016-11-02 04:09:09

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

An interesting notion... though he's going to be a bit busy...

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#433 2016-11-02 12:22:17

Kiwozi
Inebriated

I am enjoying year 6 immensely. This latest chapter is seriously titillates my imagineering into trying to visual with all of the potential and exciting threads that are forming.
Thanks for another great one Eric

#434 2016-11-02 17:25:50

Fenixreign
Completely Blotto

Hudson was the "Old Man."  When they first get to New York and the detective asks what his name is, he asks why do you humans have to name everything?  Does the River need a name?  She replies with The river is called the Hudson.  And his response is Then I shall be Hudson as well.  He is a grizzled old vet that would rather relax and chill than fight again, but he sees the need for fighting when the time is right.  He is one of Goliath's strongest supporters and is definitely his wisest council.

#435 2016-11-02 18:14:48

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Might not fit in with the nature of these particular gargoyles, but I'll keep it in mind.

Thanks for the idea,
Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#436 2016-11-04 00:24:08

neolyn
Wasted

Well at last, my question from some months ago was answered, demighost can't be killed for good and  i was kind of right about the whole body thing. So cheers for me  I guess ?

As always : good job !

This chapter was very intertaining (but I find the whole trophy part a bit too long).

I was waiting for a  serious talk between David and the Rhimor's Chief, but after some thougth it wasn't really a good time for it  to be put in there.

Geez I'm liking Viviane more and more.Anymore and she will take Sam's place in my top .

Since it's the end of the year, could we hope to see Denise back ? Not that I miss her ( okay a bit) but  her apologies  is something i'd like to see . (or her, getting mad to see david and making a scene but sucking it up because is a Paladin now :p)

If my memory is correct , Annie is very young, or at least looks young, since the first time Davis see her he thinks she's Coach Hall daughter. So is she young, young ? or fake young like Sam ?

#437 2016-11-04 01:28:55

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

(Virtually) All wizard women are "fake young".  You ever met a woman who WANTED to look old?  Men may not give a crap (some do!), but women seem to be almost universally preferential toward youthful appearance.  Women seem to only accept looking old when the effort to look young becomes too great.  (Yes, this probably sounds sexist, but it is also based on my life experience, so I honestly do not give a shit if it sounds sexist.)

That being said, Annie is clearly much younger than her husband.  Youth magic can only do so much.

And no, you will not see anything important with Denise in the next chapter.  Obviously, she will be at the school, as Anne is getting her citizenship this year, but whether or not she even appears in the story is still up for grabs in my mind.  If she does, it will almost certainly be briefly and at a distance.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#438 2016-11-05 02:17:40

neolyn
Wasted

It doesn't sound sexist .  you'd have said "women's place is in the kitchen" that'd be sexist.

So can I assume Emile either doesn't care or accepted it ?
What about the king ? ( yeah i know he's not a woman but  he's the king, the face of a country)

What matter with Denise for me is her apologies. Don't really care if there is a scene with her or if it's you narrating it.

I forgot to ask but why weres were at David's ... paladinhood (is that a correct word ?)?

What about Gwen's girlfriend ?still together ?

Last edited by neolyn (2016-11-05 02:18:07)

#439 2016-11-05 05:08:28

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

neolyn wrote:

So can I assume Emile either doesn't care or accepted it ?

??  Accepted what?  Annie using youth magic?  Emile uses youth magic.  This is a very normal thing for wizards to do.  It's not something that is "accepted".  It is "expected".

I forgot to ask but why weres were at David's ... paladinhood (is that a correct word ?)?

"Recognition ceremony" is what it would have been called.  Weres were there because there are weres living in Callamandia.  Mostly werecats.  They would have representatives to the government, just like any of the other races.

What about Gwen's girlfriend ?still together ?

Jess was at the ceremony.  She's unlikely to have been there if she was not still Gwen's girlfriend.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#440 2016-11-26 10:32:20

Sdragon
Inebriated
Website

Eric Storm wrote:

Glad you're enjoying Woodward.  I hope someday it surpasses... that... OTHER book... in your opinion.

And you're working on TWO stories?  Well, where are they, man???

Thanks for the feedback,
Eric Storm

PS:  I have changed my penname exactly four times over the course of 19 years of writing.  The last time was in 2008, so I guess you could say I changed it 4 times in 11 years, if you like.  Still, not "a half dozen times"...  Just sayin'. 
3dwink

For the record:
WhiteStar => Net Wolf: Jan. 2000
Net Wolf => Ice Phoenix: April(?), 2002
Ice Phoenix => Net Wolf: January, 2004
Net Wolf => Eric Storm: January, 2008

I have the preface and the first chapter of one of my stories, still trying to figure out how to upload them so I can see the feedback on them. I haven't let anyone else read any of my work since i was 15, so i am a little shy about it.

#441 2016-11-26 18:42:06

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

If you're trying to "figure out" how to upload them HERE, you have to have Contributor-level access first, which you'll have to email me about.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#442 2016-11-27 07:46:11

Sdragon
Inebriated
Website

well damn, now those instructions make a little more sense. I will send you the preface and let you decide if it is worthy of being a contribution to this enclave of creativity in literature.

#443 2016-11-27 17:11:12

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

No need to send anything for me to evaluate.  I don't pick and choose authors on this site.  But I do need a formal request to become a contributor, sent through email, so I can send you back instructions on what you need to do after I give you access.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#444 2016-11-29 08:24:50

wizeone98
Tipsy

Great chapter sir. I not only loved the Goliath reference, but the commander Lastrad brought back police academy for me too.

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#445 2016-11-29 18:43:07

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Both Lasard and Hirsch were Police Academy references.  Maybe I should have a Rimohr named Mahoney?  3dbig_smile  Or a gung-ho one named Tackleberry?  LMAO

Thanks for the feedback,
Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#446 2016-11-30 03:43:49

Sdragon
Inebriated
Website

looking forward to seeing chapter 12 of year 6

#447 2016-11-30 12:31:45

StoryJunkie
Wasted

Eric Storm wrote:

Both Lasard and Hirsch were Police Academy references.  Maybe I should have a Rimohr named Mahoney?  3dbig_smile 
Thanks for the feedback,
Eric Storm

While rereading the previous chapters (yes I do this at least every three months while waiting for the newest chapter to post lol) in Year 5 Chapter 5 you have one of the Dirt members named Mahoney.....I just read that and remembered this post....so we need to see Tackleberry soon for the set lol

#448 2016-11-30 21:05:03

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Oh, that's right.  There were several Police Academy references in the DIRT team.  I'd forgotten that.

(If you're really bored, try to figure out what they all are!  3dbig_smile )

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#449 2016-12-01 05:07:27

Crusader
Wasted

Eric Storm wrote:

Guys... I NEVER post before midnight.

And I live in Florida, so, Eastern Time zone.

And it's been posted.

Eric Storm

Ok i know this is a month late.

And this is a message for everyone but Mr. Storm:

He could post using the timezone that Howland Island is in.

Another words he has like 29 hours after he normally posts the stories to still have posted the stories on the 1st of the month. (ie posting 5 minutes before the 2nd in that time zone)

#450 2016-12-01 10:54:35

StoryJunkie
Wasted

hmmm, almost 5am Central time and still no post....I hope things are well and that the new chapter will be up soon....and No Eric, I am not "bitching" just making a comment lol I know all about life getting in the way of things at times....it's mostly just withdraw making me post this 3dwink

(posted from the Item Information Page)

Board footer