Pub Owner
Website

Re: Woodward Academy, Year 6, The

leon wrote:

what is PRM?

*sigh*  Why did I bother writing a FAQ?

http://www.wolfpub.org/faq.php?q=13

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#503 2017-01-16 17:47:32

Fenixreign
Completely Blotto

Leon, PRM is Pre-Release Material.  You can gain access to it by donating to the site.  Believe me, it's worth it.

#504 2017-04-25 02:21:09

amyrruh
Tipsy

Is this story only available on PRM now?

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#505 2017-04-25 05:07:08

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

No chapters will be made public until the next chapter is posted to PRM.  That would be unfair to those with PRM access.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#506 2017-04-26 01:37:18

amyrruh
Tipsy

Thanks for the information Eric! I was just curious if something had changed.

#507 2017-04-26 02:51:01

cuffncowboy
Tipsy

why is March not open yet

#508 2017-04-26 03:33:23

Fenixreign
Completely Blotto

Cuffencowboy, March isn't released yet unless you have access to the PRM.  Apparently, you have not been paying attention to the posts in the "Writing Status" section.  Eric has been very ill and as such has not been able to write new chapters.  When there are no new chapters for the PRM, he does not release any FROM the PRM.  This is in deference to being fair to those of us that support him and his incredible talents by donating.  He feels it would be unfair for those that do not donate to get new material to read if the sponsors don't get any new material.

If you want to read March now, you can.  Please just donate to Eric according to the rules on the front page of the site to gain access to the PRM.  Take it from someone that started as a lurker:  it is most certainly worth it.

P.S.  Before you ask about someone's writing status, perhaps you should look at the "Writing Status" forum that you had to see was available since it is stickied.

Last edited by Fenixreign (2017-04-26 03:38:15)

#509 2017-04-26 04:13:05

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Actually, FR, you made only one error:

The last line of his post says "(posted from the Item Information Page)".  Thus, he was not in the forum proper, and may not have seen the Writing Status thread.

Having said that, the last 25 (or so) forum posts for this topic ARE available on the Item Information Page, and given that I had literally JUST answered amyrruh's almost identical question, it would have been nice if he'd taken a couple seconds to see if the question was already answered in-thread...

And thank you for answering him for me.  I didn't feel like doing it myself, truthfully...

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#510 2017-05-06 23:10:26

barenakeddreams
Tipsy

And as a lurker the meaning of prm was easily findable by reading up to the last available chapter and clicking the next chapter link. It directs you to a page that explains prm in very good detail!   Thanks for your hard work!  I've been lurking for years off and on and always find myself coming back.  What a wonderful story.

Last edited by barenakeddreams (2017-05-06 23:11:25)

#511 2017-05-07 03:51:13

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

What they said I said.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#512 2017-07-02 17:10:10

NoMercy745
Tipsy

Love the Gargoyles reference there at the end. Although it is a long way from Manhattan.

(posted from Chapter 11: April)

#513 2017-07-02 17:15:26

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Eh... Manhattan to Boston's not REALLY that far... and Newburyport's just north of Boston...

3dsmile

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#514 2017-08-05 16:16:45

johnny rotten
Inebriated

True to form another great chapter.
Question, do you have an outline of where you're going with your stories first or do you just write as you go. Ultimately either somebody has had it out for David for many years or someone is trying to make David be the best that he can be by throwing these obstacles in his way.....Humm
Love your work and appreciate all the hard work you put in!
Until next time .
Same bat station, same bat Channel.....lol

as always
johnny rotten

(posted from Chapter 12: May)

#515 2017-08-05 18:07:44

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Over the years, I have tried several variations on how to plan out a story.  What I have discovered works for me is to have at least a basic outline of what's in the book before I start writing it.  In the case of Woodward, I wrote out, first, what each book should be about.  (For instance, book 3 should be about, "David has to deal with a professor that hates him, and a guy who gives him an amulet, then wants it back.")

Then, when I get to that book, I outline the book, giving the basics of what should go in each chapter.  Only when I get to the chapter itself do I outline the small details.  This allows me both a path to follow, and an ability to change the path without a lot of wasted work, if I come up with a better idea later.

This is how I handle serious books.  Less-serious stories, like Agent of Change, I sometimes just let happen.  I know where AoC is going, but I don't really know right now how I plan to get there.  But even with AoC, I will outline the chapter before I start to write it.  That way, I know what I'm writing about.

I should also point out that, though I do not focus on outlining future books or chapters much, if I happen to have an idea for one of them, I will sure as hell write it down so I don't forget it.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#516 2018-07-04 04:37:09

CryZj
Tipsy

(posted from Chapter 8: January)

#517 2018-07-04 06:25:09

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

...  Went a little overboard with the brevity, didn't you?  3dsmile

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#518 2021-08-03 10:44:17

runesfuer
Inebriated

I was just wondering, I can't remember who the fourth professor David slept with, I have Cat, Lise, and Sam. (This is, like, my fourth or fifth re-read)

IMPERATOR PRIMUM, DEINDE IMPERIO! VIVIMUS POENAS ETIAM SIC ESSE TUUS! [First for the Emperor, then for the Imperium. Our Lives are Forfeit, so should Yours be as well!]

#519 2021-08-03 10:56:41

runesfuer
Inebriated

And now I remember. It was Miss J

IMPERATOR PRIMUM, DEINDE IMPERIO! VIVIMUS POENAS ETIAM SIC ESSE TUUS! [First for the Emperor, then for the Imperium. Our Lives are Forfeit, so should Yours be as well!]

#520 2021-08-03 11:08:42

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

"That's tops in German efficiency!  You're answering your own questions!" - Col. Robert Hogan

3dbig_smile

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

Board footer