#51 2016-03-07 21:14:44

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Woodward Academy, Year 6, The

TSK.

3dtongue

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#52 2016-03-09 01:42:19

Pudding5
Inebriated

Hey Eric,
I have a question that I've been thinking about for a while. Ever since the incident where Jailla was injured by the merlats I have been wondering what happens to familiars when they die. I may be remembering incorrectly, but I don't think you've ever mention the presence of familiars (or any animal actually) in Haven. I realize that you may have left it out if they were there as it wouldn't have had any meaningful purpose in the story so far, but I was wondering, if Jailla died, would David still be able to interact/communicate with him in Haven?

#53 2016-03-09 05:23:03

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Creatures of pure magic, such as familiars, do not go to Haven.  They are reabsorbed into the magic from whence they came.  This would include dragons, centaurs, fairies, familiars, and a fair number of other purely magical creatures.  Haven is not quite a humans-only club, but the number of races found there is pretty limited.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#54 2016-03-09 21:34:38

Pudding5
Inebriated

So my follow up question, then, is: why do merfolk differ from centaurs in that respect? As a another human/animal hybrid their bodies also must be magical in nature similar to centaurs. But back in book 3 Shell implies that while mer-ghosts don't tend to hang out around the living merfolk they do exist.

#55 2016-03-10 03:08:28

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Okay, you're right, centaurs should not have been included on that list.  They would also "ghost", but, like merfolk, they leave their living brethren behind.  (It's cultural.)

So, Haven would, essentially, be where humanoid beings go when they die.  This would include their hybrids.

Other magical creatures have different destinies.  Most are reabsorbed into the magic.  Some have strange and wonderful fates that I won't reveal.
3dtongue

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#56 2016-03-10 18:06:37

Pudding5
Inebriated

Ok Thanks, I've been wondering about all that for a while.

#57 2016-03-10 20:16:51

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Um...

Why?

3dsmile

Not trying to be funny or anything, I'm just curious why this was even mildly important to you.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#58 2016-03-11 03:29:48

Pudding5
Inebriated

It wasn't necessarily important, just one of those thing that once I thought of it it just kept nagging at me.

#59 2016-03-11 04:41:27

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Ah.  Yeah, I know about THAT kind of thing.  That's the sort of shit that keeps me up at night. 

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#60 2016-03-16 04:24:29

neolyn
Wasted

Well, we know David and Sam have sex and that it's not really relevant for the story but still as a fan of Sam I'd hope for a little sex scene. I mean she didn't have one since... Book 4 i think , no ?

Regarding Flo's curse, when Black Rose talked about Miss J I thought " what about the centaures ?".Aren't they a race which live in nature and maybe have some knowledge about curses like Flo's ?

Sam and Emile are really close, I know their relationship isn't important in the story but can we assume they are about the same age ?

Can't wait to see what will happen this year.I wonder what you have in store for us which can top The clan's events . ^^

Good work!!!

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#61 2016-03-16 07:47:42

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

The centaurs have been described as non-magic-users.  Thus, they would not be likely to have any helpful information regarding such an illness.  Also, centaurs no more live "in nature" than the humans do.  They live in houses, build things, go to jobs, etc.

No, Sam and Emile are not the same age.  They are several decades apart.  We know that Emile is a bare minimum of 60 years old.  (But she stated that she was significantly older than that).  Sam is somewhere around 50.

Sam will have another on-screen sex scene in book 6.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#62 2016-03-17 15:01:09

neolyn
Wasted

Thank you !

#63 2016-03-21 23:10:37

riun
Inebriated

I would love it if Emile turns out to be a demi-ghost or long lived humanoid being. We already know that she LIKE's David do to the fish. Brought this up do to a question of age was bouncing around. ) While I'm typing this a rather odd question popped in my head. Has there ever been a description of what Emile looks like? or are my graying hairs starting to show through my logic.

Last edited by riun (2016-03-21 23:12:26)

"The curse of a reader is reading faster than the author can write (or post)."

#64 2016-03-21 23:32:43

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

While I have an image of her in my head, no, I don't think I've ever explicitly described her in the story.

I will say this:  Emile Lengel is a normal (wizard) human being.  She has the typical extended lifespan of a wizard.  I have not fixed her age, even in my own mind, but she is obviously significantly over 60.

There is an image of Dean Lengel in my artwork, but I'll be honest: I don't like it, and I no longer consider it a true representation of her.  One of these days, I will probably scrap all of those images and start over.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#65 2016-04-01 05:17:20

riun
Inebriated

So I just got back from running to the corner gas station loaded down enough junk food to make my grandmothers mother roll in her grave. Have to get ready for the next chapter release. Dog let out, watered an fed check, snack food check, and a reread of available chapters of book 6 check.

#66 2016-04-01 05:31:13

StoryJunkie
Wasted

I'm in the same boat Riun, I think I've checked the site a "few" times tonight...as I type this, it's 12:29am my time (Central) but I know things come up, and we are probably in a different time zone (I think) but I'll be re-reading chapters until the new chapter is out.

edit: while re-reading Chapter 3, I finally figured out what was bothering me with the beginning....when I first read it something caught my attention, but I couldn't figure out what it was that seemed so familiar, tonight it hit me.....nice Night Court reference Eric, I used to love watching Harry T. Stone work the court. lol

Last edited by StoryJunkie (2016-04-01 06:11:02)

#67 2016-04-01 06:24:58

IBSwimmin
Inebriated

Please not another April 1st posting that doesn't happen.  PLEASE!!

#68 2016-04-01 06:34:56

riun
Inebriated

HUsh maybe he wont remember its that time of the year?

#69 2016-04-01 06:42:17

IBSwimmin
Inebriated

riun wrote:

HUsh maybe he wont remember its that time of the year?

Well it's getting close to 3am, and I have to work tomorrow. Guess I'll never know if it gets posted tonight or not 3dsad

#70 2016-04-01 06:50:44

riun
Inebriated

I feel for ya IBS I too am at est. On a side note is it wrong of me to put three gallons of fake blood in the trash for today's pick up.  misch_smiley

Last edited by riun (2016-04-01 06:52:45)

#71 2016-04-01 06:56:39

IBSwimmin
Inebriated

riun wrote:

I feel for ya IBS I too am at est. On a side note is it wrong of me to put three gallons of fake blood in the trash for today's pick up.  misch_smiley

Not if you also put a sign out saying 'Not teal blood', so that way they don't know what to think (but it can also go bad if the wrong person gets it, so caution would be advised).

#72 2016-04-01 07:15:32

riun
Inebriated

OOOh I didn't think about using teal blood. misch_smiley

Last edited by riun (2016-04-01 07:20:23)

#73 2016-04-01 08:30:17

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Okay, so how about a little sympathy for the guy who stayed up until 4:30 EDITING the chapter, so that you could read it?

You know, "The first of the month" doesn't necessarily mean 12:01 AM.  How about I start posting at 11:59 PM on the first of each month, hmm?

And yes, I remembered it was April 1st.  But I haven't missed a posting day in like 3 or more years.  I don't intend to start again now.

Regards,
Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#74 2016-04-01 08:42:22

StoryJunkie
Wasted

you guys should be glad Eric isn't cruel....he could have come on just before posting the chapter and said "Hey, as a gift, here's 3 months worth of stories.....April Fools, no post this month" then just waited until later today or tomorrow to post it 3dbig_smile

#75 2016-04-01 10:10:58

StoryJunkie
Wasted

I really liked this chapter, David was pretty busy this month. It also looks like he may have been right about the earth disappearances (from an earlier chapter).  I wish someone would pick this up as a movie or something, I think that Peg display would look great.

(posted from Chapter 4: September)

Board footer