Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-08-11 12:47:32

Bridget
Barmaid
Website

Star Trek: Shadow Wars

Star Trek: Shadow Wars

The year is 2430, and the federation has been at war for a long time. Captains of old now oversee the administration of creating more captains at the Academy. Gone are the years of have a long time to grow and learn at Starfleet Academy, now most officers are severing less than two years and are being given their commands. Officer from other faction who have defected, left, or were given leave to join Star Fleet are being granted commissions of much more advance level vessels then the standard cadets as they are already vastly more experienced they those just graduating.  Our journey begins with a form Klingon Defense Force Captain graduating from the academy, and flows outwards from there. 

Please read The Mystic Wolf Pub Critiquing Guide.

SITE CONTENT POLICY:  The administrator of this site will not reject, remove, or censor any story posted to this site based on the story's content.  No story shall be removed except for purely technical reasons (which will be worked out with the author so that the story can be reposted as quickly as possible), or due to a direct order from the site's hosting provider, a law-enforcement entity, or the story's owner.

#2 2016-08-19 00:04:08

Glockman22
Inebriated

Re: Star Trek: Shadow Wars

I'm hooked cant wait for more!

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#3 2016-08-19 01:51:17

Wicked Storm
Completely Blotto

Welcome Glocckman and thank you for your post. There is more to come promise. ~_^

Can I ask you what you favorite part of the story has been so far?

Last edited by Wicked Storm (2016-08-19 01:51:41)

In the dark your lips taste like sweet nectar, and in the line they tease me endlessly.

#4 2016-08-21 01:41:38

Glockman22
Inebriated

my favorite part of the story so far is the hot take no shit female captain can't wait to see the crew she puts together for her ship

#5 2016-08-22 17:38:01

Wicked Storm
Completely Blotto

It is defiantly developing so far, i took a couple days of to go to a pool party, but I will be writing more on the chapter I am on right now, and than posting as soon as i have done a read through for basic errors.

In the dark your lips taste like sweet nectar, and in the line they tease me endlessly.

#6 2016-08-30 18:40:04

Wicked Storm
Completely Blotto

I am really, well and truly loving writing this story. It is probably the most fun I have in a long time, just writing. I haven't seen a whole lot of responses from the readers on this story yet, which isn't unusual, but it makes me wonder with nearly 500 downloads if everyone who is reading is enjoying the story.

So I am posting this here. If you have read the story and visit the message boards, could you let me know what you are enjoying about the story, and what you aren't. If you feel that it might be a heavy handed critique send it to me via email. But I really would love any feed back.

#7 2016-08-31 04:44:54

Glockman22
Inebriated

I am very hooked on this story I find myself checking back many times a day in hopes of finding the next star date I cant wait for more you have me on the edge of my seat with excitement for what is to come.

#8 2016-09-01 01:42:17

Wicked Storm
Completely Blotto

In the process of editing the new Stardate half way through. Will try to have it up tonight or tomorrow at the latest.

#9 2016-09-11 04:06:28

Kiwozi
Inebriated

Love Your Work WS
Really like the depth you have built into Ceyren and Dawn so far and am looking forward to what you do with Lotus. Nice one with how you secured Iria and Alexander. As a fan of non organic lifeform stories I am really looking forward to this story you are building for us.
Cheers

(posted from Stardate 93612.05)

#10 2016-09-17 14:07:00

Wicked Storm
Completely Blotto

@Kiwozi : Why thank you so much for your super positive feedback. As I am working on developing my skill with this story, I would like to ask you some questions. What direction do you enjoy seeing AI and NON organic lifeforms going in? What is you favorite Aspect of Dawn, and Lotus? I don't think I will be adding to many more NON organic lifeforms to the story not at this time anyways. But they both will be deep enough to cover a lot of bases. Just as a head's up I am two chapters in writing ahead of what I post. I am only posting a new chapter after I finished a chapter ahead of the one already finished. So there is plenty more content to come for the site. I just am pacing my release so that I don't burn myself out, and you all have enough time to read it.

#11 2016-09-19 00:18:25

Glockman22
Inebriated

this story is just getting better and better with each new stardate

#12 2016-09-19 16:46:21

Wicked Storm
Completely Blotto

@Glockman22 Thank you indeed. I am going to be working some more on the story today.

#13 2017-03-03 19:56:55

Freon22
Wasted

I stared reading your Star Trek story and wanted to say its good. I am enjoying reading it and am posting to give you a friendly bump. Well its two bumps LOL one of your other stories that I am also reading. It has been a while since you have posted a chapter.

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”

― Abraham Lincoln

#14 2017-05-26 23:36:38

kithaberman
Tipsy

when will we get more

#15 2017-05-27 07:06:19

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

First off, I'm having a VERY bad day, so I'm going to try to keep my response under control.

It's your first post to this website.  You have no history with anyone, and we don't know you from Adam.

So, your introduction of yourself to us isn't praise for an author, telling them how you liked their work, or even suggestions for improvement.  It is essentially a demand to produce more content.

Now, if YOU were the author, and had spent hours and hours working on what had already been produced, how would this message make YOU feel?

To put it bluntly, your question is rude.  You'll get more of the story when Wicked Storm has more of it to give you.  That should be obvious.

Please be more considerate in the future.

Eric Storm

PS:  If you think this was a nasty or inappropriate reply, find one of the old-time members of this board, and ask them what the caged StormCat raging inside of me wants to say to you.  I think you'll find you've gotten perhaps the most pleasant reply to this sort of question I've ever managed.

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#16 2017-05-27 12:03:29

thehilz
Completely Blotto

Lol when I got on a saw that you had most recent post here, my first thought was oh shit Eric yelled at someone. It is surprisingly mellow.

Last edited by thehilz (2017-05-27 12:03:57)

#17 2017-05-27 16:11:51

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

*sniff*  I don't yell every time I post.

You motherfucking son of a--- whoops! 

3dsmile

3dangel

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#18 2017-05-27 16:22:50

thehilz
Completely Blotto

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

#19 2017-06-01 00:15:07

Wicked Storm
Completely Blotto

haha, you two. ^_^ More content just posted by the way.

#20 2017-06-01 01:17:59

Wicked Storm
Completely Blotto

And yet another one has been posted. Hope this gives you all something to chew on for more than a few seconds tee hee.

#21 2017-06-01 18:20:20

Crusader
Wasted

wow. that was a fun read so far. I'm looking forward to reading more.
1 line you may wish to reevaluate in chapter 'Stardate 93606.91'
"We actually have six in the hanger, the closest one to us is fifteen-meters due south."
I read that, started the next sentence, got about 1/2 way through and then "but... space... there is no south!?" laughed a bit and then finished the rest of the published chapters.

#22 2017-06-01 18:51:36

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Not having read the story, I'm just offering a possibility (or a way for the author to conveniently explain this away... hehehe)

In any environment, you have to have some kind of reference/coordinate system to describe where things are located.  Perhaps these folks, in whatever space environment they are in, have simply adopted the north/south/east/west convention, defining which way is "north" arbitrarily (ours is, too, really...  I mean, the north pole of the earth is the north pole of its magnetic field, but it's only the "north" pole because we arbitrarily said "This way is north, and that way is south.")

So, while yes, there is no inherent north/south in space, there is also no inherent up/down in space... generally people just invent ways to describe locations and directions.

If this particular scene happened in a spaceship, however, the normal terms used by space-sailors would be forward/aft and port/starboard... again, not having read the scene in question, I can only offer generic possibilities.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#23 2017-06-01 21:19:29

Wicked Storm
Completely Blotto

I used the general concept of an orientation of a map, the front of the ship being north, the back of the ship being south so on and so forth, it was more meant to say it was behind them but i will take a look at it and maybe change it to using forward backwards and what not.

#24 2017-06-01 21:59:48

Crusader
Wasted

There isn't really a need to change it, I don't remember if Star Trek uses the fore/aft/port/starport (starboard? really? i've always misheard that. T_T)

I just brought it up because it made me giggle, I wasn't sure if it was a joke.

Eric, ship; if the story was on another planet, wouldn't have been a question or immersion breaker for me; I would have just assumed "magnetic" north

#25 2017-06-01 22:57:57

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Yes, Star Trek does use forward/aft/port/starboard, hence the name "Ten-Forward"  (Tenth deck, Forward compartment) on the Enterprise-D.
And when I mentioned "if it was a ship", I wasn't thinking about another planet, but instead a space station, where there would be no clear "front" or "back", and the directions would have to be entirely arbitrary.

Wicked Storm:  IF this ship is a human (ie, from Earth) ship, or a Federation ship, then I'd recommend changing it for the purpose of consistency with the rest of the ST universe.  If it's a non-Federation ship, then they would do whatever made sense to that race, and if you're the race creator, that decision is entirely yours to make.

Just my $1.50 (Inflation's a bitch...)
Eric Storm

PS:  "starboard" originated from words meaning "the steering side": before centerline rudders, the steering mechanism was positioned over the right side of the ship.  As such, it is logical that the ship would have to put into "port" with its left side to the dock.  Yes, I know you don't care.  I don't care that you don't care, I told you anyway, so there! 
3dtongue

PPS:  Originally, "port" was called the "larboard" side, deriving from 'ladeborde', which I can only guess (since the dictionary didn't say), meant 'the loading side'.  However, larboard and starboard sound too much alike, and in an emergency, you don't want shouted orders misinterpreted, so 'larboard' was changed to 'port'.

And yes, I know you didn't care about this, either.  TOUGH!
3dtongue 3dtongue 3dtongue

3dsmile

----
Facebook page

Board footer