The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#776 2021-07-20 10:34:46

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Woodward Academy, Year 8, The

With what plot?  The raising of an infant is intense for parents, but not particularly interesting reading.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#777 2021-07-20 20:46:39

ChiefRock
Wasted

I was thinking from the dragons perspective David and any humans would be more like supporting characters. You are the author-if you cannot see a story then obviously there will not be one was just tossing ideas at you

My worst day at sea is better than my best day ashore
I found a home in the navy-but they land airplanes on my roof

#778 2021-07-21 05:49:34

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

An erotica story... about a baby dragon.

Ew.

Eww.

EW.

And... does it seem like Bispy's life has been, on the whole, interesting?  That's basically what you'd be looking at, story-wise...

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#779 2021-07-21 07:16:07

bigfoot
Wasted

I would point out that the mystery surrounding dragons has always been met with the answer of something like "Because we're dragons."  Dragons are clearly involved on a completely different level than all other magical creatures in this world. They feel they are better becuase they are dragons. They feel they are right because they are dragons. Perhaps 'Dragon Mommy' can explore the mystique surrounding dragons and their relationship to all other living creatures in this realm, why they feel the way they do, etc., Perhaps David can even find a fatal flaw in their thinking.

You've created a wonderful universe but the story doesn't have to end here. Perhaps 48 years after the end of Book 8, David is contacted by the dragons to prepare him for his task of raising one. That knowledge can be the lessons. Perhaps it requires him to take a break from his job at Woodward so that he can learn what he needs to know. His friends will still be around, if a bit older but since people here live up to 150 years, you can mix David's training time between his old friends and people at the school and in his life we haven't yet met. By this time, he'd surely be a grandfather.

All the dragons he encountered in WA will still be around, even the ones he got the crystals from. The twist could be an evil dragon who wants to control all the dragon clans and it is up to David to organize resistance and help the dragon army defeat the big baddie.

Sorry, I was thinking while typing 3dsmile -----------

...or perhaps you can just write whatever you want to write. Either way, I'll read it 3dwink

Last edited by bigfoot (2021-07-21 18:41:46)

#780 2021-07-21 13:10:29

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

You almost had me, Bigfoot, but...

The dragons aren't going to reveal anything to David.  If they were going to do so, they wouldn't have been so evasive up to this point.  Certainly they wouldn't be revealing anything just in teaching him how to raise a baby dragon.

And, as to Draco Voldemort...  Why the hell would the dragons need David's help?

The part of the story that intrigued me, honestly, was "How has David's life changed in the last 50 years?"  Barring serious illness or injury, there is only one even conceivable death (Emile), and even that isn't assured.  His three kids would all be of grandparenting age themselves (so he could very well be a great-grandfather).  Would he still be working as head of the Conjuring Dept.?  Or would he have moved on to another position?  Would he have perhaps apprenticed in yet another field of study?  He has reached the highest level in all three of the guilds he is already a member of...

How will the OmniPortal affect the school?  Would David still have any duties related to it?

And, most importantly:  Would he have fully conquered his dark side yet, or would he still be struggling with it?

Lots of stuff I would love to have answered about David's future.  Problem is that I just don't see a legitimate plot to reveal it all with.

I still think this would all be better handled by the series of short stories I proposed long ago, taking us to various time periods in David's future.  That would allow for mini-plots, which are much easier to craft so that they'll be reasonable.  Nothing says there couldn't be a chapter of "Book 9" that was titled Plus 50: Dragon Mother...

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#781 2021-07-21 19:28:19

bigfoot
Wasted

I think you answered your own question. The dragons definitely do NOT need David's help because, well, they are dragons. That is, until a situation arises (here's where you get to be creative) that dragons could not have forseen and threatens their very existence. David is the only creature with the combinaion of requisite skills plus being an immortal, unkillable being that has a chance of saving Dragonkind.

Like you said, perhaps David spends the next 50 (or 150) years mastering other fields of study. By this point, Lord Stroud is known throughout Dugerra for what he did during the Were War and his exploits have become legend. Also, keep in mind that in roughy 150 years, all the imprisoned demighosts will be released and will have David to thank. Perhaps he recruits, trains and uses the demighost army as a weapon against whatever foe the dragons face.

I'll be honest and say I'm one of these fanboys who would love to see WA Book 9 but what I don't want is for you to force a story just for the sake of there being a new WA story. That said, I think there is something here for you to play with. Not having to reinvent the wheel (or the Universe) is a big plus. Also, you mention Emile being dead but she obviously could be living (well, un-living) as a ghost in the castle. In fact, I can see all of his friends, once they die, joining a community of WA castle residents. Why be lonely until you discorporate? Perhaps he could invent a potion that mists into a vapor and when a ghost passes through it, they become solid and can interact with the real world (pick up things, throw things, use weapons, use a wand, kill people, etc.,). Oh, the dinner parties they could have!!!  His ghost army can work with his demighost army in this endeavor. Can you imagine him training ghost-Emile, ghost-Olissa, ghost-Zyla, ghost-Gracie, ghost-Denise, ghost-Sam, ghost-Ellie, ghost-Gwen, etc, how to cast an energy ball, kiskissippet and Pichac (and whatever new ghost magic spells he invents)?

While we're at it, why not have David create a whole new arm of magic - ghost magic? With his knowledge and problem solving skills, he could create an entire new group of spells, potions, mists, etc., that give abilities to ghosts heretofore unknown. Think about what he did for vampires. He solved their two biggest problems (garlic, blood). He did the same for the Lamias. What are ghosts issues? We know they usually stay away from the people in their life because it is too hard. What if it doesn't have to be? What if ghosts could enjoy food again or lay in bed with their spouse, if only for a little while? David could be the guy who makes that possible. etc., etc., etc.,  That would be a side effect to the bigger picture, which is to create a great ghost army to help fight Voldemort. Having soldiers who cannot really die (they just go back to being ghosts) would be a great benefit to the general (sorry, Arkigo). How about this - David creates some form of magic that gives regular ghosts the ability to transmogrify INTO A DEMIGHOST?!?!? Think any of his ghost friends would take him up on that?

All I'm saying is that if you are able to create an 'unsolvable' problem, set Lord Stroud (plus 150 or 500 years) on it to see what he can do. He is the problem solver of problem solvers (which means you, Eric Storm, are the problem solver of problem solvers). And no matter how far in the future you set this story (hell, make it 1,000 years), you could still have the ghost versions of any of the characters we know and love from WA participate in the story in some way. Hell you could even use ghost-Marcus, ghost-Quayde or ghost-mom-and-dad (do you believe me now?!) as unwilling, sacrificial lambs just because...

So here is your homework: Step one, create unsolvable problem. Step two, challenge yourself to use Lord David Stroud, his history, his future, his abilities, etc., toward solving said problem. Step three, put it into story form. Step four, allow your fans the ability to (pay for and) read your solution. Step five, have continued fun dealing with idiots like me.
3dsmile

Last edited by bigfoot (2021-07-21 20:37:01)

#782 2021-07-21 20:48:18

ChiefRock
Wasted

Eric Storm wrote:

An erotica story... about a baby dragon.

Eric Storm

Honestly you are right that is Eww Eric I sometimes forget this is an erotica sight. I do not have a problem with erotica but honestly that is not why I read your stories. I read them because you write stories that interest me.

My worst day at sea is better than my best day ashore
I found a home in the navy-but they land airplanes on my roof

#783 2021-07-21 22:17:01

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

bigfoot wrote:

I think you answered your own question. The dragons definitely do NOT need David's help because, well, they are dragons. That is, until a situation arises (here's where you get to be creative) that dragons could not have forseen and threatens their very existence.

There is no situation that would fit this criteria, for which David would be a significant help.  David's one and only advantage over a dragon is that he is immortal.  He has NOTHING else that puts him above a dragon in ability.

David is the only creature with the combinaion of requisite skills plus being an immortal, unkillable being that has a chance of saving Dragonkind.

Just to reiterate:  David does not have any skills that aren't possessed by someone else, with the exception of immortality.  He is better at some skills than others are, but that is a matter merely of degree.

Also, keep in mind that in roughy 150 years, all the imprisoned demighosts will be released and will have David to thank. Perhaps he recruits, trains and uses the demighost army as a weapon against whatever foe the dragons face.

Army?  The Daileys didn't imprison ten thousand demighosts.  They imprisoned closer to ten.  Keep in mind that David was the first demighost created since Jacob.  That means one demighost every 150 years or so.  In a thousand years, you wind up with 8.  That includes David.  Not much of an army.  Hell, that doesn't even make a platoon.

Also, you mention Emile being dead but she obviously could be living (well, un-living) as a ghost in the castle. In fact, I can see all of his friends, once they die, joining a community of WA castle residents. Why be lonely until you discorporate?

Because it is psychologically unhealthy for the living for you to remain.  Doing so makes you a selfish little bitch.

Perhaps he could invent a potion that mists into a vapor and when a ghost passes through it, they become solid and can interact with the real world (pick up things, throw things, use weapons, use a wand, kill people, etc.,). Oh, the dinner parties they could have!!!

Let's clarify:  A ghost cannot be made solid: solid things cannot exist inside Haven.  Thus, what you're talking about is the ghost interacting with the mist, so that the mist could act as the ghost's solid body.  But if the ghost is capable of interacting with the mist, then they're already capable of interacting with the physical world, and so do not need the mist.

His ghost army can work with his demighost army in this endeavor. Can you imagine him training ghost-Emile, ghost-Olissa, ghost-Zyla, ghost-Gracie, ghost-Denise, ghost-Sam, ghost-Ellie, ghost-Gwen, etc, how to cast an energy ball, kiskissippet and Pichac (and whatever new ghost magic spells he invents)?

Setting aside the thing I will mention in a minute:  David would never encourage any of the people you just mentioned, to train themselves for battle.  He used some of them in the Battle of Mt. Woodward because he had no choice.  He would never intentionally put them in the midst of battle.

While we're at it, why not have David create a whole new arm of magic - ghost magic? With his knowledge and problem solving skills, he could create an entire new group of spells, potions, mists, etc., that give abilities to ghosts heretofore unknown.

Ghost magic already exists. Lord Woodward taught David throughout books 3 & 4 how to perform ghost magic.

Think about what he did for vampires. He solved their two biggest problems (garlic, blood).

Vampires' two biggest problems are blood and sunlight.  Garlic was an annoyance, not a problem.

He did the same for the Lamias. What are ghosts issues?

They don't have any.  They're dead.

We know they usually stay away from the people in their life because it is too hard. What if it doesn't have to be? What if ghosts could enjoy food again or lay in bed with their spouse, if only for a little while?

This would effectively destroy the lives of the still-living.  The reason ghosts are supposed to depart their living situation is to allow the living to grieve, and then carry on with their lives.  You cannot do this if you are continually interacting with your late partner.  Again, doing this would make the ghost a selfish little bitch.

Note this is one area in which the ghosts around David are specifically different, because David can interact with ghosts in exactly the same way he interacts with solid beings.  However, if you will recall, Lydia mentioned that immortal relationships don't work out.  After a couple hundred years, you grow sick of each other.  While there would be rare cases where this doesn't happen, I think it's safe to say that most of David's partners would depart eventually.

David could be the guy who makes that possible. etc., etc., etc.,  That would be a side effect to the bigger picture, which is to create a great ghost army to help fight Voldemort. Having soldiers who cannot really die (they just go back to being ghosts) would be a great benefit to the general (sorry, Arkigo).

Again, there is no way for a ghost to become solid.  That would make a solid object in Haven, which is an impossibility.  Also, ghost magic (as already established) cannot cross the Haven/Dugerra boundary, with the exception of the etherium enchantment (which is used to turn solid objects ghostly, bringing them into Haven).

How about this - David creates some form of magic that gives regular ghosts the ability to transmogrify INTO A DEMIGHOST?!?!? Think any of his ghost friends would take him up on that?

Not if they had any brains. 

Prof. Allen P. Edgars wrote:

Living forever is not all it's cracked up to be.

However, this would be a complete impossibility.  Ghosts have already completely severed their connection with their physical bodies.  Demighosts must have a physical body to occupy, that body must be controlled by a chimpok, which must be attached to their ghostly self.  Trying to do this would be a complete violation of the mechanics of the universe as already established.

So here is your homework: Step one, create unsolvable problem.

You just did.  There is no problem unsolvable for dragons that is solvable by adding David into the mix.

David Stroud wrote:

I'm a demighost, not a demigod, dammit.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#784 2021-07-22 00:58:27

bigfoot
Wasted

Oh well. I tried. Eric, you are remarkably consistent and I admire you for it. WA remains one of my very favorie online serials and I thank you for your patience dealing with little brains (of which I am one). Should you ever decide to make this into actual books, I'd be first in line so I could proudly display it on my bookshelf and then tell people they cannot borrow 'em ("No, my brother. You've got to buy your own!" - If you've not seen the commercial for 'Hey Love', please enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyDMcf26Y98

Last edited by bigfoot (2021-07-22 08:18:58)

#785 2021-07-22 08:54:30

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

No harm in trying.  Feel free to mention any other story ideas that come to your mind.  As I try to tell people often, even if your idea doesn't work, it doesn't mean it might not trigger an idea in my mind.

As to your commercial... ugh.  The worst part of late night '80's TV...  3dtongue

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#786 2021-07-22 16:58:15

bigfoot
Wasted

I guess my only response to your response is to say you are being too inflexible in the laws that govern what is possible in this Universe. I say this because before David, no one could transport themselves for 300 years and only a few people in history had successfully done it. Before he invented Naproxen Ghostium, there was no pain relief for demighosts. He created a potion that allows you to breathe and speak underwater and another that temporarily allows the user to ghost themselves. He's even incorporated healing magic and spell casting like when he cured Flo and Sam. Before David, when was the last demighost that wasn't a pain in the ass to the citizens of Dugerra? The bottom line is that you created a character who is a world class problem solver with drive and dedication to accomplish the impossible and is fundamentally a good person.

Now, take that person and put him in a world of magic and you have endless possibilities. I think you, as the creator of this realm, look too much to reduce what is possible. As an example,  imagine that dragons are somehow being targeted and are mysteriously being killed off. Everything they have always relied on in terms of dragon knowledge and dragon abilities brings them no closer to finding out how or why they are being systematically eliminated. What would they do? As David is known as a creative, out of the box thinker who gets along with dragons, has or will raise one and is a known investigator, can you, Eric Storm, see a possibility where they contact David and ask for his help in figuring out what the hell is happening?

My only point is that there are potentially wonderful stories that exist WITH the rules you set up for this Universe. Something I thougt about and I'm sure others have as well is that at some point in the future, David will be tapped to be King. As the creator of this incredible Universe with these wonderful characters (and the abiity to create loads more) can you envision a story (or stories) about King David Stroud? I know you want to say no (and naturally lean that way) because of the work involved in a massive undertaking like another book or books in this series. But the creativity exists in you to create the scenarios we'd love to read about.

My point, please don't instinctively say no to the possibilities.

Oh, and as to ghost magic - yes, I'm aware that Lord Woodward taught David what he knew about ghost magic. My point is that David is creative enough to potentially discover more ghost magic than is currently known. Perhaps David spends a summer in Haven experimenting to see if he can do more with ghost magic. Hell, he has the time. Are you saying that there is absolutely no more knowledge to be had? After all, how many people have studied ghost magic? What would be the point because who would ever use it? And a regular wizard can't got to Haven to experiment and a dead wizard won't likely care once he dies. Again, my point - embrace the possibilities that there is more knowledge to discover.

Peace.

Last edited by bigfoot (2021-07-22 17:30:37)

#787 2021-07-22 21:43:09

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

*sigh*  I guess maybe I need to make a permanent post about this somewhere, because no one seems to be reading the posts I've made about it a half-dozen times now.  So, let's clear up some issues about how I deal with story suggestions from people.

First off:  I have never once rejected a good story idea because "it was too much work".  I spent a full year, on and off, doing the research for Where the Maiasaurs Roam.  I have no life; writing is what I do.  The more hours of my day the various tasks involved with writing can take up, the happier I am.  I have other hobbies specifically because I don't have the ability to spend all my waking hours writing.  I have a long list of story ideas that either I have thought up, or people have given me, just waiting for me to feel inspired by one of them.

Next:  I do not "instinctively" react to any story suggestion.  To emphasize this point, I'll mention that this is actually my second attempt at this posting.  Some of my reply posts take me well over an hour to put together.  I actually had to interrupt writing this one to make sure I got to the store before they threw out my sandwich.  (I ordered it online for pickup.)

Now then...

Whenever someone presents an idea to me for a universe that already exists, my mind will automatically point out the problems it sees.  However, if that negative response reaches you, the idea-giver, it is because I cannot find a way to fix the problem.  Now, there are three things the idea-giver can do at that point:

1. Give up and walk away - probably the most common response.  Completely useless to me as an author, and means they wasted their time in presenting the idea to begin with.  If you plan on acting this way, at least tell me not to bother responding to you in detail.  That's time I might have been spending on writing.

2. Argue with me about how their idea is just fine - second most common response.  Even less useful to me than them walking away, because it means they're not bothering to listen to what I'm telling them, and that will make me upset, thus causing me to view their comments in a negative light.  If I tell you, "This won't work," and you then proceed to tell me, "Yes it will!"... that's not helpful to anyone.

3. Take my comments about how their idea is problematic, and present a way to fix or circumvent the problem.  This is almost never done, but it is the desired result.  When someone presents me with a story idea, I automatically go into brainstorming mode.  Brainstorming requires a back-and-forth of:
"Hey, how about this idea?"
"Well, this doesn't work because that's against the rules of the universe." 
"How about this, then?" 
"Okay, that's better, but sounds a little contrived.  Can we make it flow better?" 
"What if he..." 
"Yeah, that works... but, wait.  What if, instead of this, we have him do that, instead?" 
"Hey, cool!  And then he can do this thing..." 
"Yes!  Fuckin' awesome..."

When I reach that last sentence, it is almost invariably followed by, "So when're you gonna write it?"  *rolls eyes*  Point is, if you want to present story ideas, chastising the author because he rejected your idea is not going to help anyone.  I give responses in the hope that I will get useful responses back.  If I just wanted you to shut up, I'd just say, "No, I'm not doing that."  What I am almost always after is a further idea.  Now, if you just want to throw your idea out into the wind, and don't want to take the time to discuss it, then just say so, and I won't bother responding to you at all, beyond, "Thanks for the idea, I'll keep it in mind."  Otherwise, I'm going to share with you my thoughts about your idea, in the hopes that you will then think further, and share those thoughts with me.

Now, some specific comments as they relate to future David stories, and your last post:

You suffer from the misconception that David is somehow uber-special.  You mention in your post that David has the drive and dedication to "accomplish the impossible".  David has never once accomplished anything that anyone considered impossible, or even improbable.  He has done a few things that are rare (such as teleporting), but by and large he is just a strong master wizard.   You mention the potions he created.  There was nothing particularly special about those potions.  They had simply not been invented before.  Just because they hadn't been invented, doesn't mean they're in some way uber-powerful or highly difficult to craft.  It just means either no one had thought of it yet, or no one felt like putting in the effort. And as to the healing that David did:  What you saw was standard healing technique.  The healing arts make use of spells, potions, herbs, and talismans.  It just depends on how complicated the thing being healed is.  So, David did not do anything particularly special in those cases, either.  In fact, Healer Hall could have done exactly the same thing, probably easier, had she been available.  The only thing that made those scenes at all special was that David wasn't trained to be a healer, so he had to learn on the fly.

In regards to the dragons... all I can say here is that there are things you don't know about Dugerran dragons that I do know.  Like, I know why they helped David.  The things I know about dragons are part of why your story idea doesn't work,  but the other part is what I just mentioned:  There is actually nothing particularly special about David.  He has one ability that dragons do not have: he is immortal.  Beyond that, he has no skill that is not possessed by some dragon or other, and he doesn't even come close to the racial knowledge of the dragon clans.  As such, he has nothing that would cause them to seek out his help.

As to David becoming king:  David would never voluntarily seek out this role.  First, it's just not in his personality to want the job, and second, he would be seriously concerned about his dark side coming out, given that he would be in a job where he could do literally anything he wanted, with no consequences whatsoever.  (By definition, everything the king does is legal.)  I can believe that, if some situation arose where the King's Council, say, had to come to David and ask him to be king, that he might accept the position... but what I cannot do is come up with a reasonable scenario where they would do that, as opposed to going through the normal process.  (HINT:  That doesn't mean there isn't one.  It means I cannot think of one.  CAN YOU?)

Ghost magic:  Lord Woodward didn't "invent" the ghost magic he passed on to David.  Ghost wizards have been using ghost magic for millennia.  To answer your question:  Ghost wizards would use ghost magic (as they're the only ones who can), and they would have been the ones who discovered it, as well.  And while I imagine there are things still to discover, the number of them would be limited just given the nature of Haven:  Magic is about the reaction of one energy field with another, and Haven just doesn't have that many energy fields.  Excepting the ghosts themselves, Haven is mostly empty space.  Also, David hates being in Haven.  He would have to have a very strong reason for spending time there.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#788 2021-07-23 16:00:28

Jefferson
Completely Blotto

Quick questions for you, Eric, and you choose how much of an answer you wish to give....

What information about Dugerran Dragons do you have that we, your readers, don't? I understand that you built an entire world and I'm sure there are A LOT of little things about Dugerra and the inhabitants of Dugerra, including the dragons, that you put in your notes somewhere that may or may not have affected the story, maybe even individual characters in the story, that never really got mentioned in the story. I'm just wondering if you're willing to share some of this Dugerran information? Not all of it. Just the bigger things. The things that would interest your readers most.

I'm sure we will all understand if you don't choose to share everything, especially if you're planning to use some piece of information in future stories, or possibly just wanting to keep them secret in case some future, but yet unplanned, story comes along where this information will become important to the story. You can't say "There are things you don't know" and expect us all to just sit back and let it go. 3dsmile

Giving away some of this information might also help your readers in developing possible future stories. Maybe even inspire a story.

Last edited by Jefferson (2021-07-23 16:06:30)

#789 2021-07-23 23:43:57

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Quick answer for you, Jefferson:  Shut up and sit down.  3dtongue  LOL

Just kidding.

Some things I don't want to say for exactly the reason you point out: there may be stories in the future where the things I've worked out will become important.

There is one point I'll make, because it can be pretty easily figured out if you read the stories already written closely enough:  The dragon race is highly divinatory.  Part of their wisdom comes from their ability to see the future.

Other things, like how long dragons live... I'm gonna keep to myself, in case I need them.  However, if there is a specific question someone would like the answer to, they should feel free to ask.  I'll either answer, or tell them that I can't answer.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#790 2021-07-24 01:18:04

bigfoot
Wasted

After reading the Battle of Hogwarts, I mean Woodward, I just assumed that there is a certain amount of telepathic communicaion that occurs between dragons. I think the scene I took this from was when Vivian showed up at Pendergrass (sp?) Manor, she told them David was at WA, was in danger and she needed to file a report. She asked Jess to tell Cupcake that David wanted her to fly up there. Here is the text: "As Jess left the house, Bispy slipped out with her.  He immediately took to the air; he had a task to perform." Later, Bispy shows up with other dragons in tow to help out at the Battle and for Bispy to give the all important hint about the primal aegis.

Obviously, he reported to other dragons. Perhaps it was to inform them that David defeated his dark side or that he was now ready to receive a hint about the primal aegis. What I took from there was that Bispy telepahically let the dragons know about some information they were waiting for and he was to meet up with a group of dragons that would be sent to WA to briefly assist David as he is given the all important hint.   Otherwise, Bispy heard what we heard, flew off to report it to other dragons and then met up with them for their intervention at WA. That is reasonable EXCEPT for the knowledge that dragons are superior to humans and have abilities no humans have. Telepathy would certainly be one of those and that is how I took it.

Also, why would Bispy show up with other dragons at WA? He could have flown in and given David the hint and left. It seems obvious (to me) that telepathy (possibly combined with divination) was involved on some level. Then again, what the hell do I know? I've been very wrong about everything else, so...

Last edited by bigfoot (2021-07-24 04:35:35)

#791 2021-07-24 06:25:56

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

bigfoot wrote:

Also, why would Bispy show up with other dragons at WA? He could have flown in and given David the hint and left. It seems obvious (to me) that telepathy (possibly combined with divination) was involved on some level.

Ummmmm....

WHAT?

Exactly how do you make the connection between someone's physical presence at a location, and telepathy?  Telepathy would be implied by communication without their physical presence.

If Bispy was using telepathy to send the message to the Mononagu Clan, why would he have needed to leave Pendergrast Manor?  Certainly, he would need to leave in order to appear at the battle, but the battle was only 20 miles away, and wouldn't happen for another 16 hours or more.

That is reasonable EXCEPT for the knowledge that dragons are superior to humans and have abilities no humans have.

Ummmm.......

HUH????

This is almost the exact equivalent of, "It's reasonable to think you went to visit your brother, except for the knowledge that you own a cellphone."  The two concepts (Bispy left to deliver the information, and dragons have abilities humans don't have) are completely unrelated.  Even if Bispy has telepathic ability, it wouldn't in any way determine whether or not he would leave Pendergrast Manor to deliver the message.

To clarify:  Bispy did leave the house to deliver the message directly.  Whether dragons have telepathy I'm going to leave unanswered for the moment.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#792 2021-07-24 06:41:54

thehilz
Completely Blotto

Since hydromancy knowing what is happening currently at another place I would think it’s possible that two highly skilled diviner’s could also communicate using hydromancy. With dragons being highly skilled in divination I would not finding it surprising that they have telepathy

#793 2021-07-24 08:42:14

bigfoot
Wasted

See. I was wrong again. shocker...

#794 2021-07-24 09:31:12

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

thehilz wrote:

Since hydromancy knowing what is happening currently at another place I would think it’s possible that two highly skilled diviner’s could also communicate using hydromancy.

I'd never considered this as a possibility.  Where the fuck were you two years ago?

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#795 2021-07-24 10:37:56

thehilz
Completely Blotto

Same location as now most likely waiting for next Woodward chapter to be released lol. Guess this isn’t a better late than never thought. Hopefully you’ll be able to use it in a future work in the Woodward universe.

#796 2021-08-02 16:48:47

td219
Tipsy

Eric,

Just wanted to take a moment and thank you for your efforts with this story. This final chapter seemed a fitting end to such an epic tale. I hope that it was as enjoyable to you to create as it was for us to consume. Look forward to enjoying your future works!

Charles

(posted from Chapter 15: May - Zyla)

#797 2021-08-02 16:49:23

td219
Tipsy

Eric,

Just wanted to take a moment and thank you for your efforts with this story. This final chapter seemed a fitting end to such an epic tale. I hope that it was as enjoyable to you to create as it was for us to consume. Look forward to enjoying your future works!

Charles

#798 2021-08-23 12:32:14

Regod
Tipsy

Thank you for taking me on this journey for so many years!
The exploration of David's dark side and evil in general (especially in this book) came at a time when I was struggling with the existence of evil in myself and others. It was really impactful.
One of the things I like best about David is how he treats others, His focus on giving to others instead of receiving. Even when Everything was HARD for him, that focus, on his friends and family gave him the meaning to sustain him through his troubles.

I've been a silent reader of yours for many years, probably since your earliest mind control stories. I saw your post recently on people not being thankful for what you've produced over many years. I am, truly, deeply, grateful to have had the privilege of reading your stories. Thank you.

#799 2021-08-24 03:43:14

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Regod wrote:

I saw your post recently on people not being thankful for what you've produced over many years.

I said that?  I honestly don't remember saying something like that.  Can you point me to the post where I said it?  I'm not doubting you, it just bugs me when I can't remember saying stuff.  (And I'm getting bugged far more frequently than I'd like, lately...)

In any case, I'm glad you enjoyed the series.  Hopefully, I'll be able to take you on a new journey in the near future.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#800 2021-08-25 05:07:27

thehilz
Completely Blotto

June 1 in your writing status is what I think he is referring to. When you didn’t release a chapter because you got more people asking about next chapter release than previous chapter got commented on.

Board footer