The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#101 2019-04-13 17:10:07

Josh.Bond
Inebriated

Re: Woodward Academy, Year 8, The

Who was it that said A bullet has your name and addresss on it but a boobytrap is basically to current resident. Love it when people try to use standard military tactics to a non standard fight. Loved the chapter Eric. Glad you got it done. and only a few weeks late for my birthday. 3dtongue Looking forward to the next one.

Having said that I hope the road you are walking gets smoother, and may there be a pub for each days travel.

Josh

#102 2019-04-13 17:32:50

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I wasn't late for your birthday.  I was REALLY early for your next one!
3dtongue

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#103 2019-04-14 00:04:16

bigfoot
Wasted

Great chapter (as per usual). I won't be obnoxious and ask when the next one is coming but I will say it is greatly anticipated. Thank you for your time and efforts in continuing to craft a phenomenal story. BTW, LOVED Denise's reaction to seeing David again. Brilliant.

#104 2019-04-14 03:52:20

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Next one?  You mean I'm supposed to write ANOTHER damned chapter?  Fuck, what the hell is this shit?  I gave you nearly 40,000 words of that book... isn't that enough?

misch_smiley

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#105 2019-04-14 04:26:36

thehilz
Completely Blotto

Add two or three more zeros to that number and it might be enough. 3dangel
Thanks for an excellent chapter as always.

#106 2019-04-14 04:28:51

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I haven't written 4,000,000 words during my entire writing career.  I'm pretty sure I can't make book 8 last that long.

Glad you liked the chapter.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#107 2019-04-14 04:34:09

fathertyme
Inebriated

Book 8?!??! I think [strikethru]thebastard[/strikethru] thehilz wants all of that in Chapter 3!!!!!

The Nerve!!!

Great chapter...

thnx!

Last edited by fathertyme (2019-04-14 04:38:04)

#108 2019-04-14 04:34:23

thehilz
Completely Blotto

Could not do much harm to try to thou would it. 3dtongue
Except for the waiting 3dyikes

Last edited by thehilz (2019-04-14 04:35:42)

#109 2019-04-14 05:30:47

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Yeah, okay, I'll make Chapter 3, 4 million words long.

You may expect it sometime after Hell freezes over.   (And I'm not talking about the one in Michigan!)

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#110 2019-04-14 19:40:49

Seumus1
Inebriated

Really, really happy to see another WAY8 chapter show up!!! Thank you, job well done!
I'm happy to see Denise and David reconciled. It's also cool seeing David able to apply his Rimohr skills in the army. After all, he's clearly one of the best investigators the Rimohrs have to offer.
Like other people, I find myself reading and re-reading Woodward Academy frequently. It's probably my favorite online series, bar none. Keep up the good work! I, for one, much appreciate it!

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#111 2019-04-15 00:59:48

Elessar
Completely Blotto

Just saving this space for when paypal decides to actually work for me. Maybe it will today, maybe it won't.

#112 2019-04-15 10:11:31

Barbarian3165
Completely Blotto

Snickers... Potter and Hermany.

#113 2019-04-15 14:23:11

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Don't forget Weasel-y...  3dsmile

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#114 2019-04-16 08:25:27

Barbarian3165
Completely Blotto

Yes, but 'the weasel' was in referance to potter, this time, and not a seperate character.  Still, it was an amusing turn to the story.  Keep up the good work.  Looking forward to monthly releases as soon as you can manage.

#115 2019-04-16 13:03:40

neolyn
Wasted

Nice chapter !

Very satisfying in so many ways!

First thing first : Denise!

I'm glad to see Denise again, to see her and David all made up. I'm ever more glad at Gwen's reaction about her brother. She's not my favorite character for nothing. : D

It was nice to see Anne too. It's always nice to see any woman of this family.

I was surprised at Roy's reaction. I wonder if it would put an end to their marriage, it looks like the beginning of it to me.

All their children are out of the house and doing their own things there isn't really for the both of them to stay together. Except maybe the companionship and financial issue .

I wonder about Elie, does she know it's war ? Denise's and Roy talked about  moving to Gwen or Anne but not Elie . Is she completely out with the family ?

I wonder her own reaction to David offing  Nick.

When I commented for the previous chapter about David not telling Gwen about Nick, you said you forgot.
Did you put in in there because it was planned all along down the book or because it made sense story wise to do it ?

I'm a bit shocked at how quick Denise "deal" with Nick's death. (Not talking about the sex part, talking about acceptance of things)

I can't decide if the woman Olissa saw in her vision Zyla or Vivian. I'd bet on Vivian if I have to.

It's now July, soon it will be September and School will start. How will David deal with that. Stay in the army, be a Rimhor and study ? He does have a matter to settle with Emile after all.

Keep up the good work Eric ! And thank you for the read. After a failed interview for an internship in the morning this made my mood better, thanks again.

#116 2019-04-16 15:40:56

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

neolyn wrote:

Nice chapter !
I was surprised at Roy's reaction. I wonder if it would put an end to their marriage, it looks like the beginning of it to me.

All their children are out of the house and doing their own things there isn't really for the both of them to stay together. Except maybe the companionship and financial issue .

Just throwing this out here... perhaps Denise leaves Roy and becomes David's Female Prime?  (Please note:  I am NOT saying this is what happens.  I'm just offering a possibility to... annoy the hell out of everyone with their wondering.  3dsmile  )

I wonder about Elie, does she know it's war ? Denise's and Roy talked about  moving to Gwen or Anne but not Elie . Is she completely out with the family ?

Neither Denise nor Roy would willingly live in Earth: it's not an environment they know well or enjoy being in.  But I think it's safe to say that they're probably still peeved at Ellie... and more to the point, Ellie, being as pig-headed as she is, is probably still unwilling to talk to them.

I wonder her own reaction to David offing  Nick.

David honestly wouldn't give a shit about her reaction.

When I commented for the previous chapter about David not telling Gwen about Nick, you said you forgot.
Did you put in in there because it was planned all along down the book or because it made sense story wise to do it ?

Honestly?  I don't remember.  3dsmile  Obviously, it advances the story for me to put it in there, which is why I did, but I really couldn't tell you if I had planned to do that, or if your comment forced me to reconsider it.  I'll let you take the credit, if you want.  3dbig_smile

I'm a bit shocked at how quick Denise "deal" with Nick's death. (Not talking about the sex part, talking about acceptance of things)

Well, keep in mind that Denise is a very pragmatic person: she's staying in a relationship with a gay man, and having sex with other partners, because that's what is working for her.  She would probably have already considered at length why her son had broken off communication, and perhaps she had already expected he was dead from some unknown cause.

Next, realize how much she trusts David:  he's the only sex partner she has sex with "regularly".  (Obviously, not over the last couple years, but before that.)  So she is inclined naturally to believe David's version of events.  So the first mitigates her grief at hearing about the loss, and the second mitigates any anger she might have felt toward David... so all she's really left with is the stress of learning about it all.

I can't decide if the woman Olissa saw in her vision Zyla or Vivian. I'd bet on Vivian if I have to.

Or maybe it was Denise, and Olissa lied about not having seen her before, in order to prevent David from trying to guess...

It's now July, soon it will be September and School will start. How will David deal with that. Stay in the army, be a Rimhor and study ? He does have a matter to settle with Emile after all.

This is not David's decision to make.  David did not join the army voluntarily: he was conscripted.  He will remain in the army until the king releases him from that duty.  The king is unlikely to do that in the middle of a war, which looks like it will continue past the start of the school year...

Keep up the good work Eric ! And thank you for the read. After a failed interview for an internship in the morning this made my mood better, thanks again.

Sorry about the interview... glad I could brighten your day a little.

Thanks for the feedback,
Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#117 2019-04-19 16:01:24

KaosKing
Inebriated

Hey Eric, is the Verdant Star medal that David receives a special variant, or an innocent mistake on the count of points? The image you provided has 6 points, but in the story it was stated to be five.

#118 2019-04-19 19:33:27

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

You're seeing things.  *waves hand and speaks in slightly spooky voice*, "The book does not say 5.  This is not the typo you're looking for.  Be on your way.*

3dsmile

It's supposed to say 6.  Callamandia does everything based on the numbers 3 and 6.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#119 2019-04-20 08:57:18

neolyn
Wasted

If the mystery Woman is Denise... honestly, I'm fine with it. Actually I'm fine with lot of women David dated even though I've my preferences.  Like Rose, she's a just an extra but she's really kinky ( apparently ringed nipples might be a fetish of me now.... >.>).

I always liked her. I didn't when everything blew up because Ellie is an idiot, but I understand her reaction, and I understand why it took her two years to properly  "apologize". Furthermore she's Gwen's mom. You can't really be bad people with an adorable daughter like that.

I say that but if I take a look at all her children... Anne was acting like a bitch, Ellie is a bitch and Nick is a fookin' traitor. It's a miracle Gwen turned out so well.

I guess it shocked me that Denise dealt with her son's death like she did because we didn't see her in years.. Wasn't use to her personality anymore I guess.

You dodged the question about Ellie's thoughts if she knew David was the one to kill Nick.
I'm wishing for a David x Gwen sex scene, but not if it means something happened to her or Jess.

I forgot David was conscripted. ^^" So solider, Rimhor and student at the same time... Can't see him graduating his 8th year this year.

#120 2019-04-20 14:50:49

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

neolyn wrote:

If the mystery Woman is Denise... honestly, I'm fine with it. Actually I'm fine with lot of women David dated even though I've my preferences.  Like Rose, she's a just an extra but she's really kinky ( apparently ringed nipples might be a fetish of me now.... >.>).

I'll throw you all a bone, and say it is not Rose.  Rose was a character created specifically for Keeshaba.  Not that I have anything against Rose, but she's already served her purpose.

I always liked her. I didn't when everything blew up because Ellie is an idiot, but I understand her reaction, and I understand why it took her two years to properly  "apologize". Furthermore she's Gwen's mom. You can't really be bad people with an adorable daughter like that.

I say that but if I take a look at all her children... Anne was acting like a bitch, Ellie is a bitch and Nick is a fookin' traitor. It's a miracle Gwen turned out so well.

Anne was behaving out of fear, depression, and a lack of self-worth.  It is easier, when you're of that mindset, to push people away than to let them close enough to hurt you.  Ellie is mainly immature.  Being the youngest, she probably got babied for far too long, and wasn't taught to grow up.  (In other words, it's Denise's fault.)  As to Nick... well... "There's one in every family."  And as far as we know, John has turned out fine...

You dodged the question about Ellie's thoughts if she knew David was the one to kill Nick.

I did, didn't I?  3dsmile

Think of that issue this way:  Ellie was so unconcerned about her family that she wouldn't even warn them that she was going to abandon all of them and move to Earth.  How do you think she would feel?

I'm wishing for a David x Gwen sex scene, but not if it means something happened to her or Jess.

I can't see why this would happen... and I've actually TRIED to think of a reason this would happen.  3dsmile  I like Gwen, too, and she's one of David's best friends.  But she realized after their first time that she wasn't a "guy" girl, so I simply cannot see why she'd offer? ask? to have sex with him again.

I forgot David was conscripted. ^^" So solider, Rimhor and student at the same time... Can't see him graduating his 8th year this year.

If he's still a soldier, he will not be a student.  He will not actually be "in attendance" at the school during the war.  There is no rule that states that schooling must be consecutive.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#121 2019-04-22 13:43:24

neolyn
Wasted

I knew Rose was just an extra, David was very clear about their relationship, they are friendly but nothing more. I hope she has a good and  happy long life.

About Ellie, still it's her family, I know she's selfish and self-centered but I didn't know  she was to that degree.

John! I forgot about him, since we saw him like once ? Maybe twice ?

I can see one or two reasons for why it should happened... She IS Denise daughter after all...

So I get that Emile plot line will not be addressed anytime soon. Well that's a bummer.

#122 2019-04-22 16:25:52

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

neolyn wrote:

About Ellie, still it's her family, I know she's selfish and self-centered but I didn't know  she was to that degree.

Once this level of pain starts within a family, once a break has occurred... these are often some of the very hardest wounds to heal.  Whatever she may have felt about Nick, her feelings for the family in general will color that and mute any grief she would have otherwise felt.

John! I forgot about him, since we saw him like once ? Maybe twice ?

Once.  He lives in Senesty, so he's not exactly in a position to appear frequently in the storyline.

I can see one or two reasons for why it should happened... She IS Denise daughter after all...

Perhaps you'd like to share, if you're actually interested in seeing a scene with her, because as I said, I've not come up with any logical reason for them to have sex again...

So I get that Emile plot line will not be addressed anytime soon. Well that's a bummer.

Talk about a non sequitur.  It actually took me about 30 seconds to convince myself this wasn't a typo...

No, you won't be seeing the Dailey Question resolved within the next few chapters.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#123 2019-04-22 20:00:42

bigfoot
Wasted

If you're looking for a manner in which Ellie can become involved back in the story, I have an idea. Ellie moved to NY/Earth to get the hell away from Dugerra. However, the reality of Earth is different from her expectations and she finds herself missing life in Dugerra. Then again, she is her mother's daughter and is stubborn enough to stay on Earth if only to deny her mother the satisfaction of an 'I told you so.'  So while on Earth, she winds up going to a club frequented by other Dugerrans where they talk openly about life in Dugerra (stories about the war, etc.,). At the club, she gets involved with a fringe group that has dealings with weres and overhears information about a planned military action against Callamandia. So, she heads back to Callamandia and meets up with David, relays the information and 'bumps' into her mother. Eventually, all is forgiven.

#124 2019-04-22 20:44:30

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I think it would be highly out of character for Ellie to be "longing for Callamandia", so to speak.  She hated living there.  She is a person who desires change.

It is far more likely that Ellie would move to NYC, Chicago, or LA, than that she would want to go "home".

As to your club... why would such a place exist?  If these people like Dugerra so much, why did they leave it?  And why are there enough of such people living in Albany, NY (I think it was), that they can form an underground club?  And how would these folks, who are living in Earth, know about the war or anything else going on in Dugerra?  Why would this fringe group be operating in Earth?  Why would they discuss their operations in an open gathering?  By open, I mean a group of people who had not been severely vetted for their loyalty to the cause.

If I wanted Ellie back in the story, doing so would be a very simple process.  She would simply have done some growing up over the last couple years, and decided to patch things up with her family.  Alternatively, she has done a little growing up, hears about the destruction of Bellamy, and tries to make sure they're all okay, which would lead to a reconciliation.  THAT one actually isn't a bad notion, and I might end up using it.  But the whole idea of her getting military information... that just doesn't make much sense to me.

But the real question was ideas for why Gwen would want to sleep with David again.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#125 2019-04-23 02:52:06

thehilz
Completely Blotto

Perhaps David finds a way to give himself semen and Gwen wants a child and ask David to be the father. And for some reason or another artificial insemination is not a option.

Board footer