You are not logged in.

#251 2021-07-27 21:15:59

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: General Discussion

Thanks.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#252 2021-08-24 09:41:22

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

http://www.wolfpub.org/images/forum_attachments/WoodwardCastleThumb.png
(Click for larger image)

This is what happens when I have writer's block and someone asks me the wrong question.

Level Name: Woodward Castle
Game Engine: Sauerbraten (Cube 2)
Version: Pre-alpha  (Meaning no, you can't have it yet.)

When a little more advanced, I will release the game file so you can actually walk through the castle.  It isn't ready for that at this point, however.  Right now, the basic architecture of the main keep is finished, but as you can see, none of the outbuildings are there yet.  And nothing has been properly textured on the interior.  (The exterior texture is sufficiently acceptable that I"m not going to replace it.)

I hope this picture makes it obvious why a physical model of the castle would be... impractical. 

3dsmile

How fast you get this walkthrough/game depends on how long my writer's block lasts.  3dsad

Eric Storm

PS:  To avoid any misconceptions:  While some compromises had to be made with this particular game engine (such as the stair-stepping of the castle walls, instead of making them sloped, like I want them to be), the castle towers are NOT, in fact, round, and just made blocky in this game.  The game can make circles, it's just a pain in the ass.  In this case, however, Lord Woodward liked octagons, and many castle features reflect that.  (Oh, and as to "pain in the ass", making a 24-sided polygon with this game wasn't all that fun, either, but that's what the curtain wall actually is.)

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#253 2021-08-25 05:02:46

thehilz
Completely Blotto

Looking forward to being able to walk through it and look around

#254 2022-03-22 12:25:40

Zmaybe
Inebriated

You  still here?

Hey Eric, Hope you are well.  Also hope your wickedly talented mind is working on more chapters.  I miss your writings and am forced to reread chapters of Agent of Change and Where Brontosaurus roam in hopes of seeing new chapters soon.  I hope life is not getting in the way and if you need encouragement... here it is... You are a great writer and a make my imagination go places I didn't know it could.  Thanks.

#255 2022-03-22 14:17:48

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Thank you for the encouragement, it is appreciated.

Unfortunately, it is my damned muse that doesn't want to write things, not me.  So I'm having to "go it alone".  Writing is happening, it's just happening slowly.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#256 2022-04-04 13:39:38

Zmaybe
Inebriated

Missing Muse

Gimmie the contact info for your Muse, I'll get it back to work inspiring you....  need to know what's gonna happen...

#257 2022-04-04 19:19:06

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Zmaybe wrote:

Missing Muse

Gimmie the contact info for your Muse, I'll get it back to work inspiring you....  need to know what's gonna happen...

I don't think you want to go messing with my muses.  First off, there's two of them; second off, they fight dirty; and third... do you really want to be immortalized in a story by a character who gets killed by having a hot poker shoved up his ass while masturbating into a jar of mayonnaise and ejaculating at the point of death?  They're likely to do that kind of thing...

(Because, you know that I would never write something like that unless they made me...  3dangel )

I have to live with these two.  We don't go pissing them off.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#258 2022-04-05 14:02:09

Pleidius
Inebriated

Eric Storm wrote:

... do you really want to be immortalized in a story by a character who gets killed by having a hot poker shoved up his ass while masturbating into a jar of mayonnaise and ejaculating at the point of death?  They're likely to do that kind of thing...

So, what's the down side?

If you're prepared to face the consequences, go ahead . . .

#259 2022-04-05 20:41:49

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Most people would think the equivalent of being burned in effigy WAS the downside.

I forgot, I'm surrounded by perverts...

3dbig_smile

LOL

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#260 2022-04-13 12:45:58

Zmaybe
Inebriated

Eric Storm wrote:

Most people would think the equivalent of being burned in effigy WAS the downside.

I forgot, I'm surrounded by perverts...

3dbig_smile

LOL

Eric Storm

---  Always willing to try something at least once....

#261 2022-04-14 01:51:38

goldragon69
Inebriated

Perverts!!!??

How dare you say something like that!!  Just cuz we resemble that remark!!  LOL!!  It's a bitch when everyone around you is just like you...and I think your muses are right there too.   Like to think I know who your two muses are so shouldn't be hard to find them and get in touch.  MWAHAHA!!  We love you work so never worry that we don't love ya.

#262 2022-04-27 17:06:13

chevyzr2
Inebriated

Hey Eric I was just wondering are you still writing the artifact stories? You said it would be 4 book series and was just wondering. I enjoyed the first 2. I’m slowly working my way through ur stories. All good so far. Keep up the good work.

#263 2022-04-27 20:19:09

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

"Still writing" is a very troublesome phrase, in this context.

Take a look at the release dates between Artifacts 1 and Artifacts 2, and you'll understand what I mean.

I have not STOPPED writing this series, shall we say?  However, it is not in active development at the moment, nor do I know when it will be.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#264 2022-04-27 22:16:35

Zmaybe
Inebriated

Eric, please write...you have my mind in a funk waiting for more chapters.

#265 2022-04-28 05:34:16

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

1.  If you look at the writing update thread, you'll notice that I have completed two chapters in the last couple weeks.  They're just not posted yet.

2.  Whether or not to write is never a voluntary decision.  Given my own preference, I would write for a couple hours, minimum, every single day, because I enjoy creating those worlds and telling those stories, and I have a lot of stories that I want to tell.  But the part of my mind that I refer to as "my muses", which is the part of me that creates freely, is too affected by stress, other projects, and general life necessities, for me to have things "my way".  Rest assured, I have never once said, "You know, I could sit down right now and write a couple thousand words... but I'd rather not."  I have, however, frequently said, "Dammit, I really wish I could get myself to start writing... but I just can't make it work."

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#266 2022-06-08 20:16:20

bleme
Inebriated

I read a story on here a while back that involved the use of paired portals.  I remember water going through one portal and coming out the other, generating hydro-electric power.  At some point their experiments "swallowed" the whole property and the story ended very abruptly.  Anyone remember the name and author of that story?

#267 2022-06-08 23:36:33

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

This would have been better posted to the general chat, rather than a specific author's chat.  The right person might still see it, though.

I have not read the story you described, so I wish you luck in finding it.  (To be clear, I have NOT read all the stories on this site, or even the majority of them.)

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#268 2022-06-08 23:50:47

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Here is a list of all stories containing the word "portal", minus those that I have first-hand knowledge are not the one you're looking for (such as the Woodward Academy series, which contains the word portal, but is definitely NOT what you're looking for):

Academic and the Nymphomaniac, The     drgonzo1
Bait and Switch     Dark_Brother
Blood and Iron     WarLord
Boy and His Dungeon, A     Pleidius
Boy In The Grass     Magusfang
Bridge Between Worlds, A     auguy86
Brimstone - The Tales of Drakara Book I     Wicked Storm
Christmas Calamity     Corvis
Contribution, The     Blackie
Cruel Summer     Imagineer
Destiny at Rhen Var     Corvis
Fair Price, A     Corvis
Just a Taste is all it Takes     James Marcus
Khartshma Legacy, The     Corvis
Lesbos Crystal, The     Storymaster69
Lolita Beach Island     MDH1969
Matchbox     Blackie
Monster U.     Karax
My Girls II: The End of Cycles, The Beginning of K...     unknown1000u2
My Girls III: Truth, Power and Hope     unknown1000u2
New Gods, The     WojoMartin
Shadows In The Grass     Magusfang
Talon Saga, Book 1: Heart of the Demon, The     Daddycums
Talon Saga, Book 2: Slave of the Witch, The     Daddycums
Talon Saga, Book 3: Secret of the Faewood, The     Daddycums
Talon Saga, Book 4: Dungeon of the Forgotten, The     Daddycums
Talon Saga, Book 5: Fall of the Paladin, The     Daddycums
Talon Saga, Book 6: Champion of the Hunt, The     Daddycums
Talon Saga, Book 7: Lord of the Harem, The     Daddycums
Talon Saga, Book 8: War of the Shadows, The     Daddycums
To Whome it may Concern     James Marcus
Touch of Green, A     Blackie

----
Facebook page

#269 2022-06-09 08:27:01

sermona
Inebriated

I think you mean Boy and his dungeon
http://www.wolfpub.org/contributors/sho … ;cid=10105

#270 2022-06-09 08:31:07

sermona
Inebriated

Eric Storm wrote:

(To be clear, I have NOT read all the stories on this site, or even the majority of them.)

shame on you, it takes almost no time ;P

#271 2022-06-09 08:54:19

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

sermona wrote:

Eric Storm wrote:

(To be clear, I have NOT read all the stories on this site, or even the majority of them.)

shame on you, it takes almost no time ;P

I'll be sure to let my readers know you'd prefer I was reading instead of writing.  misch_smiley

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#272 2022-06-09 12:12:35

sermona
Inebriated

Oh god you invoke flagelation

#273 2022-06-09 18:42:08

bleme
Inebriated

sermona wrote:

I think you mean Boy and his dungeon
http://www.wolfpub.org/contributors/sho … ;cid=10105

That's the one! Thanks!!!

#274 2023-01-28 19:42:42

Dadrepus
Inebriated

I've noticed that the pages of your site are not yet secure and my browsers don't want me to go there for obvious reasons. It I possible that others have chosen to not continue to the site once that popup comes on their browser.

My experience being an ISP, retired now, lets me believe your site will only improve with encryption. I have used this service in the past for all " not for profit" websites. Please check them out and if you can, add the code https://letsencrypt.org

Last edited by Dadrepus (2023-01-28 19:43:33)

Always willing to help. May not be good at it ;-)

#275 2023-01-29 06:23:18

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Letsencrypt is not supported by GoDaddy, and it requires a certificate reissue every 90 days.  That gets old really fast, because you have to do the reissue manually every time.

I have actually purchased an SSL certificate.  Not sure how this improved my website, other than getting the browsers to shut up, but I'm fully aware that the browsers are heading toward requiring SSL certificates to even load a page, which is why I had purchased an SSL certificate for my testing domain months ago.  Hopefully I actually finish Pub 2.0 before that certificate runs out (in 4 1/2 years)...

Let me know if/when you find anything on the site broken.  Switching to SSL can cause problems with "hybrid" pages, and I don't know if there are any in the site.  I am force-redirecting HTTP to HTTPS (yes, I had to do that manually.  GoDaddy gives virtually no help at all to its users)

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

Board footer