The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#176 2016-01-13 03:11:14

Shaggy18
Inebriated

Re: General Discussion

Thank you

I absolutely love your stories. Love how you not only have great sex scenes in them but they also have some really fantastic story lines.

#177 2016-05-01 09:34:44

islandman79#
Inebriated

I greatly enjoy Woodward d stories - however I am a bit Confused concerted how in the 6th version - the episodes quality in the surprise, gasp" suspense "joy factor has gone from 10* star rate awesome to a 3*star,  why is the story thrill factor and awesome factor losing steam ???
I've done another donation for 3 more installment and takes it to sept1/2016.

#178 2016-05-01 17:18:39

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I don't think the story is losing steam.  Perhaps you simply don't like crime stories. 

There is, of course, also the fact that David is no longer learning new things every other scene (hyperbole intended).  The series has changed from a "newbie learning experience" to a "work experience" story.  This was necessary because the fact is that people who are "just learning" don't, in fact, "do great things" (Harry Potter notwithstanding).  I admit that this takes a bit of the built-in "wow factor" out of the story, because you, the reader, aren't learning new things every other scene along with him.  I can't really help that: David has switched from primarily learning, to primarily using, his magic.

There are interesting things coming (or at least I think they're interesting... your mileage may vary...), so just hang in there.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#179 2016-05-02 18:59:14

grandad_rufus
Inebriated

clitoridesawards 2015

Congratulations

Best Erotic Fantasy Story 2015

Story Title    Author
[1] Wolves and Dragons of the Blood: True Beginnings    Mike Cropo
[2] The Woodward Academy, Year 4    Eric Storm
[3] Sleight of Hand    aroslav

If they give you ruled paper, write the other way.
Grandad Rufus.

It's not that I have a dirty mind, you understand. It's just that so many of my thoughts leave muddy little footprints...

#180 2016-05-02 23:04:23

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Thanks for letting me know.  I wasn't paying any attention to them, so...

Second place... well, you can't win 'em all...
3dsmile

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#181 2016-05-03 20:32:06

Dolez
Tipsy

Hi,

I was wondering why for example The Woodward Academy story is difficult to find. If I remember correctly I found about it in some forum.
I would suggest maybe putting it in for example novelupdates.com if possible would add some more readers and maybe more donations also.

#182 2016-05-04 06:34:43

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

It's not difficult to find... if you already visit this site.  3dsmile

I'm not even familiar with the site you mentioned.  The only other avenues I'm aware of for "advertising" (read "posting") the story to, I've rejected using for one reason or another over the years.  Beyond that, I've always depended on word of mouth.  (Or word of keyboard?)

Thanks for your feedback, though.
Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#183 2016-05-09 02:32:02

riun
Inebriated

I've tried to get my mother to read WA ( Yes I told her that it's was erotica but I've seen some of her trashy romance novels and WA is by a factor of a thousand better ). The only problem is that she wont read anything electronically. Any ideas on how to get them to her short of printing out each book on paper?

"The curse of a reader is reading faster than the author can write (or post)."

#184 2016-05-09 04:29:15

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Um... well, if she won't read electronically, then hard copy is your only option.

I will eventually be having copies printed, but we're months away from that.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#185 2016-05-09 15:29:26

Fenixreign
Completely Blotto

I have to say, I got an OfficeJet printer with duplexer and it has made things SO much more efficient.  I don't have too do anything extra to get the pages to print on both sides and it has made writing papers for classes a lot less expensive overall.  Less paper usage, the ink cartridges on this model seem to be more efficient and I have multiple volume sizes from which to choose.  I got the XL to start classes and I have not replaced the black once in 2+ years (granted that most papers are now submitted via online portal, but still) and the cartridge was doing a good job the whole 2 years.  When I factor in that it is a network printer and has a 6-in-1 card reader slot for photos on top of everything else, it was an amazing purchase years ago and it might even be possible to get a LaserJet with duplexer now for less than I paid for the OfficeJet.

#186 2016-05-09 16:03:27

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Perhaps, but when I said I was going to have copies "printed", I meant in book form, with a hard cover, proper binding, etc.

Eric Storm

PS:  I'm surprised that the cartridge lasted without getting clogged for 2 years.  You must have used it frequently for small jobs.

----
Facebook page

#187 2016-05-10 07:46:33

riun
Inebriated

Who said i was going to use my printer? The laser printer at work has a few cartages knocking around. 3dtongue

#188 2016-05-10 10:28:10

Fenixreign
Completely Blotto

Eric believe me, I was just as surprised, but I figured "what the hell?" and ran a print head cleaner page and it worked perfectly.  It was almost creepy.  I hope you do get WA published in hardcover.  I guarantee that I will be buying it if it does.  Of course, that would apply to almost all of your stories, but prudes gotta prude.  Damn Quakers and their continuing influence on U.S. social mores!

#189 2016-05-10 15:35:42

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I said nothing about getting them "published".  I said I was going to have them "printed".  Different concept.  A publisher wants to dick around with content to make a story as marketable as possible.  A printer just wants you to pay them for the copies.

And, as per usual, to save my ass with PayPal and others, you will not be able to "buy" any copies.  I will be giving them as gifts in response to donations.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#190 2016-05-11 23:04:36

riun
Inebriated

Sort of like PBS. Give us X and you get this mug. Give us XX you get a tote bag.

#191 2016-05-11 23:29:44

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Yes, except that PBS is dumb enough to ask for "pledges".  I don't ask for pledges, you actually have to send donations.

3dsmile

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#192 2016-05-22 16:24:37

thehilz
Completely Blotto

Will you be doing other books after WAY? I would love to get a hardcopy of Program Alpa Omega or Dragonseekers.

Last edited by thehilz (2016-05-22 16:25:07)

#193 2016-05-22 16:56:23

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

*Eventually* I will have all of my books in hardcover.  Woodward isn't even the one I'm starting with.  My first hardcover will be CAMP, since it is (still) my most popular book.  I'll most likely move on to the Woodward series after that.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#194 2016-05-25 22:58:04

riun
Inebriated

LOL you don't want us to pledge our unending loyalty to your creative genius?

#195 2016-05-31 23:10:18

riun
Inebriated

Not sure I would um ..... hand my mother a copy of CAMP. I'm fairly sure that would not be a very good idea.

#196 2016-08-14 11:04:05

MKu
Tipsy

Eric Storm wrote:

*Eventually* I will have all of my books in hardcover.

That reminds me a little of John Norman and his GOR series. No one dared to publish the complete series (except as ebook).

Indeed, over time humans got knowledge, but no wisdom.

#197 2016-10-01 11:04:11

Reader459
Tipsy

I have just read Chapter 10 of Woodward Academy.
Now I have to wait a whole month for the next chapter.
I am "paid up" for another 7 months.
This is killing me.
There has got to be a better way.
(Oh did I mention,  it's a great story)

#198 2016-10-01 17:54:20

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Oh, sure, there is.  You just donate, oh... say... $10,000, and I'll let you read everything as soon as I finish writing it.

Of course, in this case, you'd still have to wait, since I'm not done with Chapter 11 yet... 

3dsad

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#199 2016-10-07 06:44:22

Sniper
Inebriated

Hey Eric,

I just wanted to say, that I am really impressed by your determination to push out content month after month. Seeing how many other authors get lost on the way ("Stuff You Should Like" seems to show only stories marked "Serial / Novel - In Progress" with "Date Last Updated: 2007-10-02". Either I have read most of the finished content, or there are lots of unfinished stories), it is good to see that you are still going strong.

Thanks

#200 2016-10-07 12:41:37

NobfromOz
Inebriated

Fantastic Chapter as always Eric. Hope you and yours stay safe, whilst Hurricane Matthew is in your neighbour hood.

Board footer