The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-10-08 17:01:48

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Search page upgrade

Due to one of you pesky readers making requests...  (  3dtongue  ) ... along with me being bored...

The search page has had two upgrades recently.

First, many of the search terms now have tooltips associated with them, to give a description of what they mean.  The PG-XXX ratings, the story codes, and the story status options (see below) all have tooltips.  The genres and pairing codes do not, as I felt these were fairly self-explanatory.

Second (and probably more important to most of you), a new option has been added (just above the Search button) to filter results by item status.  That is, whether a story (or image series) is Completed, In Progress, Inactive, or Abandoned.  The default setting for this is to show only Completed or In Progress works.  Inactive and Abandoned stories will not turn up in your results unless you specifically check those boxes.  In version 2.0 of the site (assuming that EVER happens... (:-(  ), you will have the option to set your own default options for things like this.  Because doing that would be a significant amount of work, I'm not going to add that feature to this version of the site.  You're stuck having to click if you want to change it.  (Your poor finger... so tough...  3dtongue )  Also, all you smart-asses be aware, if you uncheck all four status boxes (You knew you were going to, don't lie to me...), the system will ignore you, and act like all four of them are checked.  So don't do it!

I also made a minor upgrade to the item results page, which will now give you a result total even when there are less than 25 results.  (Before it would only tell you how many results there were if there was more than one page of results, and each page has 25 results on it.)

If you have further requests... FUCK OFF!  3dlol   No, seriously, if you have further requests, post something or email me.  Even if I don't put the feature in this version of the site, I'll make a note of it for the next version.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

Board footer