The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-06-30 20:06:25

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

PayPal being greedy bitches...

Okay, so I just received an email from PayPal that, in August, they are changing their price structure.

As you can imagine, this change is not in customers' favor.

To explain, when a donation goes through PayPal to my account, PayPal takes a fee that is a percentage of the donation amount, plus a fixed fee for each donation.  Right now, that's 2.9% plus 30¢.

If I have read their information correctly, in August, the fees will change to 2.59% + 49¢.  So, lower percentage, higher per-transaction fee.  For the majority of donations I receive, this will result in a higher fee taken out.  As a for-instance, the standard $6.00 minimum donation will result in an extra 18¢ removed, starting in August.  (It is currently 47¢, it will go up to 65¢.)

Just in case you're wondering, yes, there is a point where the new pricing structure is actually cheaper.  That point occurs above $62.  So, if you all want to start sending me like $75 donations, it'll cost less...

3dbig_smile

There's nothing to be done about this, I just wanted to let you all know about it.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#2 2021-07-01 12:42:05

thehilz
Completely Blotto

Re: PayPal being greedy bitches...

Damn bastards.

Board footer