The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-09-05 19:01:54

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

Unifying thery of Geekdom (i think i found it)

"All Sci-Fi, fantasy and comic book films and t.v. can be link together via Star Trek specifically The Next Generation." (note: i may need to revise this to say all tv and movies as i added to the list I realized it was bigger than i thought)

here's how this started
Sci-fi today was running the series threshold I saw an episode of it tittled "Revelation" which had Gerald Urquhart (Flurious PR Operation Overdrive) cast has a infected human this series stared among others, Bret Spinner (Data )

while Gerald Urquhart is not listed, nether is William Mapother (Ethan from Lost) and he was in the pilot.

because of this i can link all the trek shows and every season of PR to the following shows together

this is just what i've figured out in the last half hour
Roswell
Gargoyles
Family Guy
Futerama
ER
Dr. Who (i'll explain this one if you want to know)
Torchwood
Eureka
Lost (twice actually)
CSI (all of em)
Grey's Anatomy

This may only apply to it the Hypothesis need testing but if I'm right this is almost a bigger deal than the Kevin Bacon connection thing.

"All Sci-Fi, fantasy and comic book films and t.v. can be link together via star trek specifically the next generation."

the real test of this theory is if i can establish the Matrix/LOTR,Star Wars, Star Trek trifecta (lortr and matrix have a blatant link to each other so I'm counting them as one)

give me a show and let me see if i can link it

"I figure that if you can't write decent dialogue for the devil, maybe you shouldn't be a writer."-Richard Kadrey

#2 2007-09-05 21:17:29

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Unifying thery of Geekdom (i think i found it)

Okay, I'll play.  Have a go at:

Andromeda
Babylon 5
Wing Commander (the movie... I don't care if you didn't like it, it was still sci-fi. 3dtongue )
The Last Starfighter.  (If you can't do this one, then you have a REAL problem.  3dsmile )

Net Wolf

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#3 2007-09-05 21:30:35

nightsecho
Wasted

how about firefly

looking at you with wide eyes from the darkness

#4 2007-09-05 21:36:34

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

LAoW suggested Tron.  3dsmile

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#5 2007-09-06 01:15:57

Storymaster69
Completely Blotto

Neitherspace wrote:

while Gerald Urquhart is not listed, nether is William Mapother (Ethan from Lost) and he was in the pilot.

Likely the reason Gerald Urquhart is not listed is because that is a character name for "Howard's Way" his real name is Ivor Danvers http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0200676/

Net Wolf wrote:

Okay, I'll play.  Have a go at:

Andromeda

That's an easy one it's full name is Gene Roddenberry's:Andromeda after all

Sex isn't the answer.
Sex is the question.
Yes is the answer.

#6 2007-09-06 02:37:29

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

Andromeda (Gene Rodenbery wrote it) this also connects Hercules Xena Spiderman 12&3 and the evil dead franchise Oh

Babylon 5 Majel Rodenburry played a Centauri and of coarse Walter Koenig was the psi cop officer who showed up alot

Wing Commander actually, I did like it but i never played the games so... man I was over thinking this one mark hamill has a voice cammeo in the film he was the Hanukkah zombie in Futuramma (and the Johnathan Frakes appears briefly in an episode that was a tribute to the original series) this also scores me part of the trifecta not i only need to link to LOTR or Matrix

The Last Starfighter.  lol yea really SOO hard (look it up) I don't know if that should count since he was edited out though

Firefly thats easy Jewel Staite (Zoey)  was on Space Cases (think farscape w teenagers) with the original black ranger also Gina tores was in Cleopatra 2525 which originally aired with jack of all trades which stared Bruce Cambell

Tron was Bruis Boxletter he stared in B5

Storymaster69 wrote:

Likely the reason Gerald Urquhart is not listed is because that is a character name for "Howard's Way" his real name is Ivor Danvers

um no, http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2157205/ the guy you think this is is too old

the page for threshold only lists actors in 2 or more episodes for some reason

Storymaster I'm only doing it by actors its WAY too easy otherwise.

Anyone else

"I figure that if you can't write decent dialogue for the devil, maybe you shouldn't be a writer."-Richard Kadrey

#7 2007-09-06 03:10:03

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Okay... your linking descriptions are really hard to follow, but I'll accept them.... but you never described the links in your original list.

And you left off The Simpsons.

Net Wolf

----
Facebook page

#8 2007-09-06 03:15:46

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

As to linking The Matrix to Star Trek... how far afield do I get to go?

The Matrix starred Keanu Reeves, who played in Speed with Jeff Daniels, who played in My Favorite Martian with Christopher Lloyd, who played in Star Trek III with half a dozen people who played in some ST:TNG capacity...

Or do they have to strictly be SF/Fantasy films in the linking?

Net Wolf

PS: Maybe the Matrix/LOTR link is obvious to YOU, but it's not to me...

----
Facebook page

#9 2007-09-06 03:36:43

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Okay, you want an all-SF link from The Matrix to Star Trek?  Here goes, but it's complex.

Laurence Fishburn, as Morpheus in The Matrix, also played the voice of The Silver Surfer in Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer.

Stan Lee wrote / acted in that movie, and he also appeared in Spider-Man 3.

Ted Raimi played Hoffman in Spider-Man 3, and Joxer in Xena: Warrior Princess.

Kevin Sorbo appeared in Xena, and also played on Andromeda, which as we know, was created by Gene Roddenberry.

That fits within "six degrees of separation", does it not?  3dsmile

Net Wolf

----
Facebook page

#10 2007-09-06 04:49:56

Storymaster69
Completely Blotto

Delete double post

Last edited by Storymaster69 (2007-09-06 04:52:29)

Sex isn't the answer.
Sex is the question.
Yes is the answer.

#11 2007-09-06 04:51:57

Storymaster69
Completely Blotto

I have another matrix ST:NG path
Keanu Reeves=>Matrix=>Speed
Sandra Bullock=>Speed=>Miss Congeniality
William Shatner=>Miss Congeniality=>Star Trek/Star Trek:Generations

Or Keanu Reeves=Matrix=>Speed
Alan Ruck=>Speed=Star Trek Generations

Sean Austin=>LOTR=>Masters of Science Fiction(http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0779497/)
James Cromwell=>Masters of Science Fiction=>Star Trek:First Contact

Sex isn't the answer.
Sex is the question.
Yes is the answer.

#12 2007-09-06 05:03:23

Black Rose
Evil Bar Wench

The same guy (Dominic... something M) who played Charlie on Lost was in LOTR.  He was... Merry or Pippin, I forget which.  What I'm supposed to be connecting Lost to, however, is lost on me, I'm afraid.

Black Rose

"Being a writer is a very peculiar sort of a job: it's always you versus a blank sheet of paper (or a blank screen) and quite often the blank piece of paper wins." – Neil Gaiman

#13 2007-09-06 05:31:30

Storymaster69
Completely Blotto

Natalie Portman=>Star Wars=>V For Vendetta
Hugo Weaving=V For Vendetta=>LOTR/Matrix

Sex isn't the answer.
Sex is the question.
Yes is the answer.

#14 2007-09-06 05:35:09

Storymaster69
Completely Blotto

How About Harry Potter to Star Wars?

Maggie Smith=>Harry Potter=>Sister Act
Woopie Goldberg=>Sister Act=ST:TNG

Last edited by Storymaster69 (2007-09-06 05:40:25)

Sex isn't the answer.
Sex is the question.
Yes is the answer.

#15 2007-09-06 05:59:28

Storymaster69
Completely Blotto

David Tennant=>Doctor Who=>Harry Potter:Goblet Of Fire

There are also several other common actors between Doctor Who and Harry Potter but that is the biggest IMO.

Sex isn't the answer.
Sex is the question.
Yes is the answer.

#16 2007-09-06 07:58:27

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Proof of the theory?

War of the Worlds (1953 version) to ST:TNG ---

War of the Worlds -> Cedric Hardwicke (Commentator)
Cedrick Hardwicke -> Outer Limits (Colus)
Outer Limits -> Leonard Nimoy (Judson Ellis)
Leonard Nimoy -> Spock, ST:TNG (among other ST series).

Secondary path...
Outer Limits -> Vic Perrin (Control Voice)
Vic Perrin -> The Incredible Hulk (animated series, 1982 - additional voice)
Incredible Hulk -> Stan Lee (writer)
From Stan Lee to Star Trek has already been established.  Admittedly, the Nimoy path is much shorter.  3dsmile

The Cat From Outer Space (1978):

Cat f OS -> Roddy McDowall (Mr. Stallwood)
Roddy McDowall -> The New Batman Adventures (Dr. Jervis Tetch)
TNBA -> either Richard Moll (Harvey Dent) or Mark Hamill (Jack Napier)
Richard Moll -> B5 (Max)
From B5 to TNG is already established.

I listed these two because LAoW thought of them.

Net Wolf

----
Facebook page

#17 2007-09-06 09:02:18

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

Net Wolf wrote:

PS: Maybe the Matrix/LOTR link is obvious to YOU, but it's not to me...

Hugo Weaving was in both

"MR Anderson you must take the one ring to mount Dhoom."

Also it doesn't need to be sci-fi I'm revising it to say that ST: TNG is the center of the entertainment universe (I can link The Sopranos and Sex in The City to Trek for Pete's sake)

And I'm gonna go back and fill in how there connected i was just really tired at the time

Gargoles is the essayist, almost all the voice actors were in star trek tng and it even had Kate Mulgrew Pre Voyager, I'd have to check but i think the guy who voiced Goliath was a Klingon at on point

and all the treks (moves included) from TNG to Voyager are linked my one actor Tim Russ (Tuvok)

Storymaster69 wrote:

David Tennant=>Doctor Who=>Harry Potter:Goblet Of Fire

There are also several other common actors between Doctor Who and Harry Potter but that is the biggest IMO.

yea but u have to link it to trek and theres an better way Tom Baker Doctor Who !974-1981 plays the king of the elves in Dungens and Dragons (2000) which also stared Peter Woodard (in a scene thats an homage to the Crystal Maze*) who played Galen In Babylon 5: Crusade that series had cameos y several B5 star and I've established that one already

I figured out a shorter one earlier but i forget it now

also Peter Woodard played the The Source On Charmed so that links that to everything else

*How many brits are suprised that a yank whos never left the us not only knows of it but has seen it

Last edited by Neitherspace (2007-09-06 09:30:24)

#18 2007-09-06 09:25:14

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

Dp

Last edited by Neitherspace (2007-09-06 09:26:02)

#19 2007-09-06 09:32:50

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Not true about the movies... he was only in Generations.  And Keith David (Goliath) was not in Star Trek.  He was in Justice League, and CSI, and a bunch of other stuff, though...

Including Mister Rogers' Neighborhood.  *shudder*

3dsmile

Net Wolf

----
Facebook page

#20 2007-09-06 11:57:04

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

and I've already connected all the Csi's to PR's so Keith David links that way

and as for Tim Russ:http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0750913/ look at the trivia section When voyager first came out they said that he was the only actor to be in every trek project to that point except the original series

HeH and I have one for Mr. Rogers, Betty Aberlin or "Lady Aberlin" as she was known on the show ,was in Dogma (the nun Matt Damen is talking to at the beginning) and there are a SHITLOAD (well 3 for sure) of connections from Kevin Smiths films to star trek the three Elisa Dushku, Carrie fisher, and Stan Lee

Eliza DUshku was in buffy as was James Marsters he will be in the new season of Tourchwood which is a spin off of doctor who

Last edited by Neitherspace (2007-09-06 12:08:15)

#21 2007-09-06 19:28:19

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Voyager started in 1995.

ST: First Contact was released in 1996.
ST: Insurrection was released in 1998.
ST: Nemesis was released in 2002.

When the comment was made, they could not know that he would not appear in those films, which he didn't.  So yes, he does link everything between TNG (1987) and Voyager (1995) chronologically, but he was not in "everything".

Net Wolf

----
Facebook page

#22 2007-09-06 21:36:08

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

sorry i should have clarified that better

#23 2007-09-06 22:12:19

Storymaster69
Completely Blotto

There is actually one person that has made  at least one appearance in some form in every single Star Trek TV series including the animated series, original pilot that was later integrated into a two part episode where Spock was put on trial for mutiny and several of the movies too.

Anyone want to guess who this is?

Sex isn't the answer.
Sex is the question.
Yes is the answer.

#24 2007-09-06 23:03:51

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

My immediate guess, without looking it up?  Majel Barrett.

Net Wolf

----
Facebook page

#25 2007-09-06 23:53:44

Storymaster69
Completely Blotto

*ding! ding! ding!*

You got it

Original pilot she was the first officer to Captain Pike
ST original/Animated Series-Nurse Chapel/Computer voice
ST:TNG/ST:DS9 - Computer voice/Loxwania Troi
ST:Voyager-Computer Voice
ST:Enterprise-During the episodes dealing with the mirror universe and the Defiant again computer voice
Star Trek The Motion Picture-Doctor Chapel

After my original post I got thinking and am not sure if the computer ever actually spoke in any of the other movies or not but she was definitely in the first movie but the computer voice was not hers.

Sex isn't the answer.
Sex is the question.
Yes is the answer.

Board footer