The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#26 2007-09-07 00:36:13

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Unifying thery of Geekdom (i think i found it)

She was in ST 1, 4, and every one of the TNG movies.  She did not appear in ST 2, 3, 5, or 6.

She did, however, appear in a single episode of B5 as a Centauri prophetess.

Net Wolf

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#27 2007-09-08 00:18:44

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

So i think that this hypothesis holds up pretty well

if anyone can think of a really obscure show to try this with let me know

"I figure that if you can't write decent dialogue for the devil, maybe you shouldn't be a writer."-Richard Kadrey

#28 2007-09-08 01:05:37

Storymaster69
Completely Blotto

The first one that came to mind when reading that was the original "Lost In Space".

How about some B movies like "Barbarella" and "Flesh Gordon".  I'm too lazy to try and link them myself but if you still feel the urge go for it.

Sex isn't the answer.
Sex is the question.
Yes is the answer.

#29 2007-09-08 09:05:42

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

lost in space Billy Mummy (the kid) was in B5, he was delen's (sp) assistant

also only he and the original Dr smith didn't have cameos in the movie so that links lost and ghost whisperer (though Lacy Chabertt via party of 5) it also links to power rangers cause she was in Not another teen movie w season 6's yellow ranger(the naked foreign exchange student)

Last edited by Neitherspace (2007-10-07 08:26:23)

"I figure that if you can't write decent dialogue for the devil, maybe you shouldn't be a writer."-Richard Kadrey

#30 2007-09-08 16:46:27

CSquared
Wasted

Neitherspace wrote:

as was James Marsters he will be in the new season of Tourchwood which is a spin off of doctor who

Awesome, Spike is gonna be in Torchwood?  Brilliant! XD

OK, try these.  I'm not sure if there are links, but that's rather the point, isn't it.

Transformers (both the modern, live-action movie and Generation 1);
The Hitch-Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy (in any form but the movie);
Macross Plus (subtitled, not dubbed).

Are you including video games?  If so:

Battle Engine Aquila;
Tachyon: The Fringe;
Homeworld;
Megarace.

CSquared

#31 2007-09-08 20:29:58

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Macross Plus (subtitled) links directly to Macross Plus (dubbed).
Macross Plus (dubbed) - Richard Epcar (Guld Goa Bowman)
Richard Epcar - Transformers: Robots in Disguise (2001 - Armorhide)
T:RiD - Daniel Riordan (Megatron)
Daniel Riordan - ST: Enterprise (Duras)
(He also played in DS9 as "First Guard", and TNG as Rondon)

Hitchhiker's Guide:

Okay, this may semi-violate the spirit of your question, but...

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - TV series (1981) - Simon Jones (Arthur Dent)
Simon Jones - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Movie (2005) (Ghostly Image)
HHGTTG - Warwick Davis (Marvin)
Warwick Davis - Most of the Harry Potter movies (Prof. Flitwick)
I believe we've already connected Harry Potter to ST at some point...

Transformers (TV series, 1984) - Casey Kasem (Teletraan)
Casey Kasem - Tiny Toon Adventures (Flakey Fakem)
Tiny Toon Adventures - Dan Castellenata (Harvey)
Dan Castellenata - The Simpsons (Homer, among others)
The Simpsons has already been linked to ST.  This connection, btw, also links Battle of the Planets and Super Friends to ST, as well as the Animaniacs, through Tress MacNeille...

Transformers (Movie) - Shia LaBeouf (Sam Witwicky)
Shia LaBeouf - I, Robot (Farber)
I, Robot - James Cromwell (Dr. Alfred Lanning)
James Cromwell - Star Trek: First Contact (Dr. Zefram Cochran)
James Cromwell also links in Eraser, Species II, and Deep Impact.
Will Smith from I, Robot, also links in Independence Day, Men in Black I & II.

Sorry, I don't do video games.  3dsmile

Net Wolf

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#32 2007-09-08 21:59:46

Storymaster69
Completely Blotto

Net Wolf wrote:

Transformers (TV series, 1984) - Casey Kasem (Teletraan)
Casey Kasem - Tiny Toon Adventures (Flakey Fakem)
<snip>
This connection, btw, also links Battle of the Planets and Super Friends to ST, as well as the Animaniacs, through Tress MacNeille...

Casey Kasem also links to Super Friends as the voice of Robin he also links to a whole shit load of other voice acting gigs for various other cartoons of the era mainly as a narrator.

Sex isn't the answer.
Sex is the question.
Yes is the answer.

#33 2007-09-08 23:55:32

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

he was also in scooby doo

also the Marvin costume from the tv series for HHG appeared in the movie (the queue on vorgon)

and Zooey Deshanelle (movie trillian) will be DG in Tinman on sci-fi and played a teacher in bridge to terrabitia

Also yea spikes gonna be in Tourchwood and so is Martha (which means they maybe getting rid of that other doctor)

Last edited by Neitherspace (2007-10-07 08:24:30)

#34 2007-09-10 20:14:29

CSquared
Wasted

Neitherspace wrote:

Also yea spikes gunna be in Tourchwood and so is Martha (which means they maybe getting rid of that other doctor)

Pretty much guaranteed that Tennant's only The Doctor for one more series - he's just signed on for a play.  Rumours about the next Doctor include James Nesbitt. T_T

And of course, it's confirmed that Catherine Tate is the next assistant.  That fucking runaway bride bint is coming back.  Why, I don't know.  Everyone hated her.

CSquared

#35 2007-09-11 01:52:57

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

no i ment on Tourchwood cathren tate is joining the cast of tourchwood till midway trough season 5 of dr who.

wich wont be till after davids done with the play there will be 3 one hour specials next year thats it til mid 2008

personally  id like to see sally sparrow be his companion for a bit i liked her

and yea i hate the bride too she a bit self involved (HOW do you mis 3 alien invasions i mean really)

I did hear that somehow Mickys coming back so that could be interesting

Last edited by Neitherspace (2007-09-11 01:53:37)

#36 2007-09-11 19:44:01

CSquared
Wasted

If Micky's coming back, then Rose is coming with him.  Unless she's dead.  There's no way out of that.  She wouldn't pass up a chance to see The Doctor again.

Which one was Sally Sparrow?  I missed several episodes, so she might have been in one of those.

CSquared

#37 2007-09-11 19:49:01

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

thats the rumor

Sally Sparrow was the girl from "Blink" (it airs Friday for us Americans) but if you can't wait go to a streaming site

#38 2007-09-13 17:24:10

LAoW
Completely Blotto

You guys are amusing. I'm always trying to think up obscure movies for this game. And now, after reading the post... Try: The Dark Crystal. THEM! (that old sci-fi movie about the ants, the one in black and white). Night of the Comet. (I HATE that movie-gives me nightmares!) Lemme' know. 3dbig_smile

I don't have to worry about revenge because Karma is a bigger bitch than I will ever have to be.

#39 2007-09-13 17:44:04

CSquared
Wasted

Neitherspace wrote:

Sally Sparrow was the girl from "Blink" (it airs Friday for us Americans) but if you can't wait go to a streaming site

Ohhh, her.  I remember now.

And hey, I'm Irish. XD
I'm currently waiting on Christmas Day for the next series to "start".

CSquared

#40 2007-09-13 18:45:06

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

night of the comet the truck driver played chacote in Star trek voyager i gotta look up the other 2

#41 2007-09-13 18:55:43

Storymaster69
Completely Blotto

LAoW wrote:

You guys are amusing. I'm always trying to think up obscure movies for this game. And now, after reading the post... Try: The Dark Crystal. THEM! (that old sci-fi movie about the ants, the one in black and white). Night of the Comet. (I HATE that movie-gives me nightmares!) Lemme' know. 3dbig_smile

Dark Chrystal is easy.  Frank Oz did the voice for the Witch with the removable eye ball who also did the voice for Yoda in Star Wars

"Them"=>James Whitmore=>"The Majestic"=>Martin Landau="The Twilight Zone"=>William Shatner
Martin Landau I heard was originally asked to take the roll of Captain Kirk but turned it down because he didn't thing the show would go anywhere.

Sex isn't the answer.
Sex is the question.
Yes is the answer.

#42 2007-10-03 08:40:10

LAoW
Completely Blotto

Bastards. ROFL

I don't have to worry about revenge because Karma is a bigger bitch than I will ever have to be.

#43 2007-10-04 00:48:41

Storymaster69
Completely Blotto

LAoW wrote:

Bastards. ROFL

Ahem that is Mr. Bastard. 3dtongue

Sex isn't the answer.
Sex is the question.
Yes is the answer.

#44 2007-10-07 08:21:50

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

CSquared wrote:

Neitherspace wrote:

Ohhh, her.  I remember now.

And hey, I'm Irish. XD
I'm currently waiting on Christmas Day for the next series to "start".

CSquared

yea series 3 just ended here friday. Now we get to look forward to the brides return!!! (groan)

on another note i just found the pilot and first 3 episodes of the sara jane smith adventures. I know its ment for kids but its not bad, maybe scifi will pick it up in the US to fill the gap after next season *edit: they did and it was good hope theres a 2nd series

Storymaster69 wrote:

The first one that came to mind when reading that was the original "Lost In Space".

How about some B movies like "Barbarella" and "Flesh Gordon".  I'm too lazy to try and link them myself but if you still feel the urge go for it.

Flash Gordon links to the new series FG as of the season finale w the og flash playing a prisoner the show also stars Steve Bacic who played Telemachus Rhade in andromida, Camulus in Stargate SG1, Colonel Jurgen Belzen in BSG: Razor, and played the unmutated Dr. Hank Mcoy in X2 he's also been in ER, Blade the series, blood ties,3 moons over milford, mutant x, dark angel, earth: final conflict, and the twilight zone...and this is the short list name a scifi show OTHER than ST or B5 in the last 16 years and hes probably been in it

Last edited by Neitherspace (2008-06-24 01:01:09)

#45 2007-10-07 08:56:02

Storymaster69
Completely Blotto

Neitherspace wrote:

Flash Gordon links to the new series FG

Read my statement again.  I said Flesh not Flash Gordon
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068595/

Sex isn't the answer.
Sex is the question.
Yes is the answer.

#46 2007-10-07 09:42:38

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Okay, okay, I give.

Barbarella => John Phillip Law (Pygar)
JP Law => Spider-Man (1994-98, voice of Cat / John Hardesky)
We have already well established anything related to Stan Lee as being connected to ST.

Flesh Gordon => John Hoyt (Prof. Gordon)
John Hoyt => Battlestar Galactica (Sire Domra, 1979)

I think you can get from BG to ST all by yourself.  3dtongue
Net Wolf

----
Facebook page

#47 2007-10-12 07:41:44

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

oh! well oops to me i guess (the 80's Flash Gordon movie was B though)

#48 2008-06-24 00:59:01

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

ok check this out ST:TNG Buffy/angel and SG: Atlantis w ONE LINK

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1119865/

David Boreanaz (buffy/angel)

Erin Chambers SG: Atlantis (also 2 of the CSI shows) youd know her if you saw her she was the red headed Genai on SG:A

Denise Crosby (st: tNG also played one of here ST characters ancestors on ST: new voyages and the X-files)

#49 2008-12-18 06:29:07

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

OK this is it ive found a link between Dr. WHo an POKEMON

no really

Billie piper aka Rose Tyler in the late 90's tried to make a go of being a pop star well if you look at the sound track for Pokemon the first movie/mewtwo's revenge (the only one of the movies that's considered 100% cannon) you note a song buy a singer named Billie called "Makin' My Way (Any Way That I Can)"

While i havent tried linking any others Studio Gibli has had a LOT of big names do there films including gillian anderson
i think its safe to say if i can link ANIME i can link anything

#50 2009-07-31 19:03:17

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

i'm watching an episode of Tru Calling called brothers keeper I realised i recognised a few ppl on it so i checkd IMDB

so i started checking the cast list:

Eliza Dushku (Buffy/Angel, DOllhouse)
Zach Galifianakis(The Hangover)
Jason Priestley (90210) This in turn links to charmed btw cause of Shannon Daugherty
A.J. Cook (criminal Minds)
Matthew Bomer (Brice on Chuck)
Jessica Collins (Nip/Tuck, Gary Unmarried, Two and a Half Men, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Everwood, Star Trek: Voyager, hers keeps going shes had alot of bit parts in stuff)
Liz Vassey (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, The Tick)
Benjamín Benítez (2 of the CSI's and The remake of Knight Rider)

there are more but you get the gist

the episode in question also has guest actors in the form of Joe Flanagan (SG: Atlantis) and Cobie Smulders (Robin from how i met your mother)

Board footer