Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-01 17:51:29

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Donation Request

Hey, folks.

As I mentioned in the last announcement, LAoW and I are separating, and I am moving to Florida.  As you might expect, such a move is rather expensive, and is going to tax my resources to the very limit.

As such, I am asking anyone who reads this who has the ability, to make a donation.  In return, once I am in Florida, I will make a concerted effort to write as much as I can.  Obviously, I can make no guarantees, but my goal would be to write at least three chapters of CAMP: Sibling Rivalry by the end of the year.  Of course, these will be available to donators well before the general public gets to see them.

I am moving the second week in November.  If you can help out at all, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time,
Eric Storm

PS:  For the moment, the "rule" that above-donation-goal donations will go to the hardcopy fund is suspended until after the move.

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#2 2008-11-13 03:41:09

Black Rose
Evil Bar Wench

Re: Donation Request

Just a reminder... please donate to Eric's moving fund if you can this month.  I have a feeling this news article may have been mislaid in the shuffle a little.  Just because he's in the middle of moving doesn't mean he doesn't need the money!

If you give him enough dough, maybe I'll cough up some actual content for this site for a change. :-)  I'm working on it, I promise! I'm trying to get at least a little bit of writing done every day in November.  It's helping.

Black Rose

"Being a writer is a very peculiar sort of a job: it's always you versus a blank sheet of paper (or a blank screen) and quite often the blank piece of paper wins." – Neil Gaiman

#3 2008-11-14 04:59:23

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

since i don't have any cash i'll offer a custom avatar to anyone who donates X (X= what ever Eric sets it as)

"I figure that if you can't write decent dialogue for the devil, maybe you shouldn't be a writer."-Richard Kadrey

#4 2009-03-19 02:42:03

sixstories
Tipsy

I realize I am too late, and you might not need donations any more; but what is your privacy policy? If one were to donate money through paypal, for instance, would you be getting their e-mail address (or worse, snail mail address)?

#5 2009-03-19 08:04:19

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I always need donations.  I now "own" a house, which comes with it all sorts of fiscal responsibilities that my Social Security pittance doesn't cover all that well.

As to what information I receive from PayPal, yes, I usually get both email address (necessary for you to be credited the donation...)  and snail mail address, which I almost never look at.  The only time I even bother looking is when PayPal takes more than they usually do for their cut.  (Foreign transactions "cost" more.)

As to my privacy policy, I do not disseminate, distribute, offer for sale, or otherwise make known the names, email addresses or postal addresses of my donators except as required to cooperate with law enforcement (something which has never happened, and I don't really expect it to...).  I do keep a record of the PayPal emails I receive, this is mainly to prevent fraud (I had someone try to rip me off just the other day), and to make sure that people who donate receive credit.

If you wish to make a truly anonymous donation, I think the only way you could do that is by sending a postal money order or cashier's check.... but since I won't post my address here, you'd have to contact me by email anyway...

I don't send spam, I promise.  The only emails this website sends out are site updates, and then only to people who have opted in by adding someone to their favorites list, and not turning off the notification.

So... I guess that about covers it.  Your donation would be welcomed, but I understand if you're too paranoid to put your info over the net.  Even paranoids have enemies.  3dsmile

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#6 2009-06-17 15:16:41

monbade
Inebriated

just sent you some cash Eric, wish it was more, but i have some major bills to pay this month.

#7 2009-06-17 17:56:12

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Anything is appreciated.  Thank you.

Eric

----
Facebook page

#8 2009-07-05 09:18:38

torchakashadow
Tipsy

Eric i truly wish i could pay anything. You keep me pinned to my seat from your stories. But "life sometimes give you a shit sandwich and says eat it". I have some financial issues right now but when they are cleared up i will try my hardest to help anyway possible. Honestly i feel i need to for the great enjoyment i get out of your stories.

It is said Learning can cause enjoyment. But on the contrary. Wolfpub.org can cause enjoyment, not learning!

#9 2009-07-05 17:02:21

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Trust me, I understand the whole "hard times" problem.  If I didn't, I wouldn't need the donations.  3dsmile

Re. your signature:  What, you've never learned anything here??????   3dwink

Eric

----
Facebook page

Board footer