Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#251 2015-10-14 18:24:01

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Writing Status

Update for October 14, 2015:

Wow... this is going to look weird... a nearly three year gap in postings...

(For future reference, the gap here is due to the "Great Hack of 2015", not to me not posting anything! 3dsmile )

The Woodward Academy, Year 6, Chapter 4: September has been started.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#252 2015-10-15 00:16:49

adultswim3
Inebriated

Oh I was wondering what happened to everything.

#253 2015-10-15 00:57:43

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

... 'cause that message in the announcements didn't make that abundantly clear, or anything...

*rolls eyes*

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#254 2015-10-15 12:50:59

Barbarian3165
Completely Blotto

Not all of us start directly at the front page.  I usually go straight to the forums until I see a new chapter I'm interested in has been released.  The only time I go to the front page is when I want to see roughly how much time I have left on my PRM.

#255 2015-10-15 15:21:42

adultswim3
Inebriated

My bad, I go directly from my bookmarks page to your subforum.

#256 2015-10-15 15:36:35

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

The front page of the website is not the only place to see announcements.  An announcement is nothing more than a forum message posted to a specific forum.  My suggestion for anyone would be that you bookmark the "recent posts" page.  That way, you see what topics have been posted to since you last visited... INCLUDING site announcements.

Eric Storm

PS:  And don't blame me that you don't know what's going on, when you actively avoid the places that would tell you what's going on.

----
Facebook page

#257 2015-10-21 23:11:25

riun
Inebriated

I was actively banging my head against said postings.

"The curse of a reader is reading faster than the author can write (or post)."

#258 2015-11-01 04:24:46

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for November 1, 2015:

The Woodward Academy, Year 5, Chapter 5: October has been made public.
The Woodward Academy, Year 5, Chapter 11: April has been posted to PRM.

The Woodward Academy, Year 6, Chapter 4: September is still in progress.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#259 2015-12-01 09:16:37

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for December 1, 2015:

The Woodward Academy, Year 5, Chapter 6: November has been made public.
The Woodward Academy, Year 5, Chapter 12: May has been posted to PRM.

Ugh.  It sucks that there has been no progress between last month and this one.

3dsad

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#260 2015-12-18 07:28:11

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Status update for December 17, 2015:  (Yes, I know it's technically the 18th right now, but this post is about the 17th, so shut up.)

Talk about a sucky day.

First, while working on building a desk for Keeshaba, I discover I have the wrong hardware, and will have to go to Home Depot to get the right hardware.
Second, my IBS was working overtime today.
Third, Keeshaba had a doctor's appointment.  That meant $40 out of our pockets for copay.
Fifth, our internet is fucking up.  I think the hardware is starting to go bad.  It has been hit with several power surges before, and they've had to come out to fix it twice already.  Right now, we don't have phone service, because it runs through the FiOS line.

What do you mean, I skipped "Fourth"?  No, I didn't skip fourth, I just left the worst for last.

Fourth:  Keeshaba and I were involved in a traffic accident.

We are both fine: don't panic.  Some moron slammed into a poor lady, who slammed into this guy, who slammed into us while we were stopped at a red light.  The lady was taken to the hospital for neck pains.  We are both a bit sore (mainly from tensing up before the impact... if you've never heard an accident coming for you, I hope you never do.), but otherwise completely unharmed.  The van has some minor damage to the bumper and passenger-side rear panel.  It is still fully operational, and the damage appears cosmetic.  We will have it looked over to make sure that's all it is in the near future.

Needless to say, that's an hour out of our lives we'll never get back... and the month and a half off our lives we probably lost from sheer anxiety...

Let me say it again:

Today SUCKED.
Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#261 2015-12-19 16:26:20

Fenixreign
Completely Blotto

Sorry to read about your issues on the 17th, Eric.  Hope things pick up in a positive way for you and Keeshaba soon.

#262 2015-12-19 16:52:39

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Thank you.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#263 2016-01-01 05:59:31

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for January 1, 2016:

The Woodward Academy, Year 5, Chapter 7: December has been made public.
The Woodward Academy, Year 6, Chapter 1: June has been posted to PRM.

For the first time in over two months, I just finished writing something.  (Good way to start off the new year...)
WAY6-4 just received over 2000 words.  HOPEFULLY this will allow me to continue to write as the new year progresses.  Last year's writing was an abysmal 66,000 words.  I have already written 3% of last year's total this year.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#264 2016-01-05 21:51:16

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for January 5, 2016:

The Woodward Academy, Year 6, Chapter 4: September is finished, and is now with the reviewers.

'bout freakin' time...

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#265 2016-01-06 17:52:35

riun
Inebriated

Sorry to hear about your accident. An as a answer to your question yes I have heard that sound before and no I wasn't hurt but the damaged to my car was not cosmetic. Nice to hear that book six chapter 4 is more or less done.

( In for review doesn't count ) I've reviewed and edited this posting at least a half a dozen times.
3dtongue

I would like to point out that I didn't see a posting about Decembers donation goal being surpassed and on a related note I noticed went up to $600.

Remember, I'm pulling for ya. We're all in this together!   ( Red Green )

Last edited by riun (2016-01-07 16:25:48)

#266 2016-01-07 05:58:40

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

You mean, you didn't see This post?

----
Facebook page

#267 2016-01-07 06:51:47

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Oh, and BOOK 4 was finished a long, long time ago.  CHAPTER 4 is done. 

Eric Storm

PS:  Should have edited it half a dozen plus one times.
3dbig_smile

----
Facebook page

#268 2016-01-07 16:26:06

riun
Inebriated

Done and done.

#269 2016-01-09 18:33:52

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for January 9, 2016:

Artifacts 2: The Coin, Chapter 4 is finished, and is now with the reviewers.

I'm not sure whether I will work on A2-5 or WAY6-5 next.  Chapter 5 will probably be the last chapter of A2 (except for the epilogue), so I may do that one first, to finish off the book.  At this point, I just don't know.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#270 2016-01-10 01:44:07

Fenixreign
Completely Blotto

I suggest, Eric, that you actually work in WAY 6-5 instead.  WA has a longer history of monthly posts, whereas A2 was on hiatus for most of last year.  This makes it something that I believe you would upset more readers overall if issues arise like last year and you actually have to delay posting WA.  Of course, ideally, you'll magically win the Powerball drawing to be able to take care of your expenses, and finally have a chance to relax from those stresses for a while.  Invested correctly, even just a $2M lump sum should last most people for their entire lives.

#271 2016-01-10 02:16:34

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I have until the end of April to finish WAY6-5.  While I grant I have a theoretically infinite amount of time to finish A2-5, there is a psychological effect you're not taking into account.  I call it the "End of Book Push".  Whenever I start to reach the end of a project, I become highly motivated to get it finished.  Often I cannot properly focus on other things, even if I should work on them.

On the other hand, as you point out, WAY6 has a deadline.

This is why I haven't yet decided which to work on next.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#272 2016-01-10 15:13:32

Fenixreign
Completely Blotto

See Eric, as someone that has only ever edited for others, I don't understand those types of motivations.  Since we both know that writing is better when the author is writing in a way that makes them want to read the story, do what is pulling you hardest emotionally.  If that means that you are writing A2, finish it and take the satisfaction while you can.  It's not like your readership is going anywhere.  I doubt you could get rid of us if you tried at this point. ;-P

#273 2016-01-12 03:32:46

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for January 11, 2016:

The Woodward Academy, Year 6, Chapter 5 has been started.

A2-5 will probably be started soon.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#274 2016-01-12 18:12:06

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for January 12, 2016:

Artifacts 2: The Coin, Chapter 5 has been started.

WAY6-5 continues.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#275 2016-02-01 08:43:51

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for February 1, 2016:

The Woodward Academy, Year 5, Chapter 8: January has been made public.
The Woodward Academy, Year 6, Chapter 2: July has been posted to PRM.

I wrote nearly 1/3 as many words in January as I did in all of 2015.

That's kind of depressing.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

Board footer