The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#276 2016-02-01 12:45:31

Archangel1962
Wasted

Re: Writing Status

Don't get to(or it it too I have a hard time telling the difference anywho) depressed. Everybody has good years and bad years, but if you let it get you depressed then it will seem all your years are bad years. So just keep your head held high and do what you can when you can.

BALLAD of The US Navy SEAL Teams
Im a lover, a fighter, I'm a UDT Navy SEAL diver. Last of the bare-knuckle fighters.
No muff too tough, I dive for five, tuck, suck, fuck, nibble and chew.I dine and interwine, masturbate, ejaculate and copulate.Been around the world twice, and talked to everyone once. Seen two white whales fuck, and been to two pigmy picnics.Met a man from Nantucket with a marble head and wooden cock, and ladies, if you dont like my face you can sit on it.

#277 2016-02-01 15:05:56

Fenixreign
Completely Blotto

I can see how it might be depressing Eric, but you should try to look at it in a 180 degree view from that.  It also means that the muse is being kinder this year and your previous stressors are having less impact on your ability and desire to write.

#278 2016-02-01 17:54:10

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Archangel: It's "too" depressed.

"Too" is an adverb.  It means either "excessively" ("too depressed"), or "also" ("Hand me that clipboard.  The pen, too, please.").  If you can replace it with either "very" or "also" (and still make sense), then you mean "too".

"To" is a much more complicated word that can be a preposition, an adverb, or the lead-in word of an infinitive, so no simple rule can be developed here.  Basically, if it's not "two" (the whole number just after one), or "too" (see above), then it's "to".

Don't know if that will help or not.

As to the substance of the comments:  I said it was "kind of" depressing.  It's also somewhat heartening that I've started off better this year than last... ultimately, it's just a number.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#279 2016-02-02 17:53:49

Archangel1962
Wasted

Thank you Eric it does help. I'm also glad that your not letting yourself get too depressed.

Im a lover, a fighter, I'm a UDT Navy SEAL diver. Last of the bare-knuckle fighters.
No muff too tough, I dive for five, tuck, suck, fuck, nibble and chew.I dine and interwine, masturbate, ejaculate and copulate.Been around the world twice, and talked to everyone once. Seen two white whales fuck, and been to two pigmy picnics.Met a man from Nantucket with a marble head and wooden cock, and ladies, if you dont like my face you can sit on it.

#280 2016-02-02 18:47:28

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Do I need to cover your/you're now?  ROFLMAO   just kidding.

Regards,
Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#281 2016-02-03 02:35:54

Black Rose
Evil Bar Wench

At least your/you're is easy.  You're = you are.  So if you can uncontract the word and the sentence makes sense then you've used the right one.  Otherwise, use the other one.  Your is possessive, but it's much easier to just remember the you are part and act accordingly.
Correct Examples:
Your shoelace is untied.
Doctor, you're (you are) needed in Room 315.

Black Rose

"Being a writer is a very peculiar sort of a job: it's always you versus a blank sheet of paper (or a blank screen) and quite often the blank piece of paper wins." – Neil Gaiman

#282 2016-02-03 03:11:02

Archangel1962
Wasted

At this rate maybe you and Eric can post weekly writing tips.:p

#283 2016-02-04 06:22:05

Fenixreign
Completely Blotto

Homonyms are hard.  MMMMMKAY????  ;-P

#284 2016-02-18 20:08:56

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for February 18, 2016:

The Woodward Academy, Year 6, Chapter 5: October is finished, and is with the reviewers.

WAY6 is shaping up to be the longest book of the series.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#285 2016-02-25 00:20:17

riun
Inebriated

Well if Eric is sort of depressed about last years word count then he's sort of happy about this years current word count. But really its just counting Jay's before their eggs hatch.

"The curse of a reader is reading faster than the author can write (or post)."

#286 2016-03-01 05:51:32

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for March 1, 2016:

The Woodward Academy, Year 5, Chapter 9: February is now public.
The Woodward Academy, Year 6, Chapter 3: August has been posted to PRM.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#287 2016-03-10 09:35:37

nightsecho
Wasted

still amazes me that you can update every month
I hope you can keep staying a few chapters ahead

keep up the great work

looking at you with wide eyes from the darkness

#288 2016-03-10 17:08:27

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I can only do it because I was so far ahead at one point.  Now, if I don't get on the ball, we're going to have a problem come June. 

3dsad

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#289 2016-03-10 21:55:28

thehilz
Completely Blotto

Well only the PRM readers wouldn't have something new to read but I have faith in you. Besides i like going back and rereading your stories. I'm in the middle of reading  dragon seekers for must be 10th time.

#290 2016-03-29 20:59:21

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for March 29, 2016:

Agent in Place, Chapter 1 has just been started.

I have no idea when you'll see any of this story.  It's a new, somewhat less serious story than I normally tell.  It will be more sexual, less grandiose.  This will return me to my mind-control roots.  Despite being less serious, this is still planned for a 4-book series.  (Yeah, I just can't help myself.)

3dsmile

The Woodward Academy, Year 6, Chapter 6: November is progressing slowly.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#291 2016-03-30 21:00:46

Fenixreign
Completely Blotto

Glad to see you returning to those roots.  MC stories can be a lot of fun when they are written well, and you most certainly write them well.  In fact, Warmth of a Touch is one of my favorite stories of all time.  So thank you and I am definitely looking forward to the new series in the future.

Last edited by Fenixreign (2016-03-30 21:03:24)

#292 2016-03-30 21:09:53

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Thanks.  I feel as though all of my stories of late have become "serious" and filled with major issues and blood, death, violence, etc.  For a while, I've felt a need to go back to the style of story that I wrote in the first chapters of CAMP: Ron's Journey:  Light-hearted, not terribly serious, and more fun.  (Only, hopefully, much better written.)

Of course, such a story is, almost by definition, filled with more sex.  3dsmile

I do hope The Observers series (of which Agent in Place is the first book) will be a good one.  We'll just have to see.  Given only two and a half more books of Woodward for me to write, I have to find something to fill my time with...

3dbig_smile

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#293 2016-04-01 08:26:46

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for April 1, 2016:

The Woodward Academy, Year 5, Chapter 10: March is now public.
The Woodward Academy, Year 6, Chapter 4: September has been posted to PRM.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#294 2016-04-02 04:37:45

Wicked Storm
Completely Blotto

Only two and half more books to Woodward, NO. J/k. I can't wait until I have a little bit of time to read some of the other stuff you have been putting up.

In the dark your lips taste like sweet nectar, and in the line they tease me endlessly.

#295 2016-04-13 17:38:44

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for April 13, 2016:

Agent of Change, Chapter 1 has been finished, and is with the reviewers.  I will probably start Chapter 2 immediately, given the nature of the transition between the two chapters.

The Woodward Academy, Year 6, Chapter 6: November is plodding along.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#296 2016-04-14 05:18:07

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for April 14, 2016:

Agent of Change, Chapter 2 has been started.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#297 2016-05-01 05:37:42

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for May 1, 2016:

The Woodward Academy, Year 6, Chapter 5: October has been posted to PRM.
The Woodward Academy, Year 5, Chapter 11: April has been made public.

Agent of Change (hereafter known as aoc), Chapter 2, and way6-6 are both almost finished.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#298 2016-05-09 22:03:02

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for May 9, 2016:

The Woodward Academy, Year 6, Chapter 7: December is finished, and with the reviewers.
The Woodward Academy, Year 6, Chapter 8: January has been started.

Apparently I forgot to note it, but both WAY6-6 and AOC-2 were completed and sent to the reviewers over a week ago.  AOC-3 will be starting soon.

As of today, I have written over 90,000 words this year.  I am now "current".  In other words, I am on track to meet this year's quota.  This is the first time this year that has happened.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#299 2016-05-11 21:23:56

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for May 11, 2016:

As of today, I have surpassed 100,000 words for the year.

WAY6-8 is progressing nicely so far.  AOC-3 is... waiting for me to slow down writing on WAY6-8. 

3dsmile

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#300 2016-05-11 23:05:58

riun
Inebriated

That up date is WAY cool for us WAY readers.

"The curse of a reader is reading faster than the author can write (or post)."

Board footer