The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#326 2016-06-15 04:12:25

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Writing Status

PS:  Just for the hell of it, I checked.  $125 now is the same as $25 in 1973/74 (Neither of them shows as exactly $25, so at some point in there, it equaled $25.)

(Source:  Bureau of Labor Statistics Inflation Calculator)

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#327 2016-06-15 04:24:42

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

A little looking on Amazon shows that, depending on your desire for quality, $42 can get you from 8-12GB of RAM.

That means that RAM has gotten 8,000 to 12,000 times cheaper than in 1993.

Yowch.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#328 2016-06-17 01:32:02

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for June 16, 2016:

Agent of Change, Chapter 5, has been started.

You know how when you're walking, and you stub your toe on something, you maybe miss a step, but are right back in rhythm, but if you're running and stub your toe on something, you splatter your face all over the ground?

Yeah, that's kind of what happened when my writing streak ended.  Last Thursday, we had an ass-early dr's appointment, plus a late dental appt.  I didn't get enough sleep, and didn't have the chance to do any writing that day.

Since then, my writing has been sketchy.  Hopefully I'll start a new streak soon.  Even if I don't, I've already written nearly 3 times as many words as last year.  Of course, WAY6 isn't finished yet, so I have at least 3 more chapters to write this year...  4, actually, since I have to write chapter 1 of WAY7 before January 1...

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#329 2016-06-17 02:49:09

Fenixreign
Completely Blotto

You'll get there, Eric.  I have confidence in ya.

#330 2016-06-17 03:21:41

Jefferson
Completely Blotto

Just have LaOW get out the whip. That'll get things moving right along. 3dsmile 3dsmile 3dsmile

#331 2016-06-17 16:10:37

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I thought you wanted me WRITING...
Ahem, er, I mean, nevermind...

3dangel

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#332 2016-07-01 04:56:37

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for July 1, 2016:

The Woodward Academy, Year 6, Chapter 7: December, has been posted to PRM.  And this time I checked it three goddamned times to make sure it was the right fucking chapter.
The Woodward Academy, Year 6, Chapter 1: June, has been made public.

The Woodward Academy, Year 6, Chapter 10: March, is a little more than halfway done.
Agent of Change, Chapter 5, is well underway.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#333 2016-07-01 06:03:14

riun
Inebriated

Its okay Eric really. Count to 10 and breath.

"The curse of a reader is reading faster than the author can write (or post)."

#334 2016-07-03 17:00:38

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for July 3, 2016:

The Woodward Academy, Year 6, Chapter 10: March, is finished and with the reviewers.

Agent of Change, Chapter 5, is... well, it's in the same spot it was two days ago when I mentioned it, but that's because I was working on WAY6.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#335 2016-07-05 06:47:24

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for July 5, 2016:

The Woodward Academy, Year 6, Chapter 11: April, has been started.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#336 2016-07-09 19:41:43

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for July 9, 2016:

As of today, I have written over 200,000 words this year.  I am well ahead of where I need to be to reach my quota of 250,000 words.

The Woodward Academy, Year 6, Chapter 11: April, is underway and progressing.
Agent of Change, Chapter 5 is going well, and is at least halfway finished.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#337 2016-07-14 13:27:59

Dilios
Tipsy

Good work Eric! I've already read 17 of your novels and The Woodward Academy is the last one to read, i'm at Year 2 atm. I noticed that the main character is different from the ones of the previous novels( no one had ever had a problem to find a girlfriend xD), the story is going at a slower pace but it's still a great read! Going back to continue the novel, keep going and thanks for all the novels u wrote!

#338 2016-07-14 17:23:52

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Glad you're enjoying my work.

Thanks for the feedback,
Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#339 2016-07-21 00:20:07

riun
Inebriated

Dilios wrote:

Good work Eric! I've already read 17 of your novels and The Woodward Academy is the last one to read, i'm at Year 2 atm. I noticed that the main character is different from the ones of the previous novels( no one had ever had a problem to find a girlfriend xD), the story is going at a slower pace but it's still a great read! Going back to continue the novel, keep going and thanks for all the novels u wrote!

In what way are they slower Dilios?
Take "CAMP: Ron's Journey" for example had 35 chapters not counting epilogue and all of the WAY series books have only 12 per book.

Erik keep on chugging along where here for ya.

Last edited by riun (2016-07-21 00:20:55)

"The curse of a reader is reading faster than the author can write (or post)."

#340 2016-08-01 04:27:38

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for August 1, 2016:

The Woodward Academy, Year 6, Chapter 2: July, is now public.
The Woodward Academy, Year 6, Chapter 8: January, is now in PRM. -- Just a warning, this is an extremely long chapter (38,000 words).  Make sure you've got the time to read this before you start.  Any missed activities such as work, class, or sex with your spouse are not my responsibility.  You've been warned.

3dtongue

WAY6-11 and AoC-5 are progressing slowly.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#341 2016-09-01 05:48:11

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for September 1, 2016:

The Woodward Academy, Year 6, Chapter 3: August, is now public.
The Woodward Academy, Year 6, Chapter 9: February, is now in PRM.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#342 2016-09-15 07:10:15

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for September 15, 2016:

Not really a "writing" update. I have begun to put together and edit The Woodward Academy, Year 1 in preparation for printing. This involves a final intensive proofread, along with some minor rewriting (on the sentence- and paragraph-wide level, not on the scene- or chapter-wide level). This will be the first book I offer in hardcover. Exactly when it will be available, I cannot say. What I can say is that it will be a thank-you gift to those who make a minimum $40 donation. (They will also receive 6 months of special access to the website, and - maybe - a Woodward-themed bookmark. I haven't decided on this yet.) This will also only be available to people within the US, as shipping outside the country is cost prohibitive.  These books will be printed "on demand".  This means that it will take a few weeks for people to receive their thank-you gifts, as I will have to order them from the printer, wait for them to arrive, then package and ship them out to those who have donated, and they will be traveling media mail, which is not the zippiest of Post Office services.

On another note, be careful when taking your pet to the vet. We took a stray male cat that we have adopted into the vet today for a checkup, and walked out with a female! (Okay, so it's sometimes hard to tell, with neutered black cats, which sex they are. Don't blame me; Keeshaba's the one who initially established the sex. My eyes suck too bad to figure that kind of thing out.)

So "Sasuke" (pronounced "sahs-kay") has now become Sasuke (pronounced "Sah-soo-kee"), or just "Suke" (Soo-kee). *Shrugs* Whatcha gonna do?

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#343 2016-10-01 04:05:48

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for October 1, 2016:

The Woodward Academy, Year 6, Chapter 4: September, is now public.
The Woodward Academy, Year 6, Chapter 10: March, is now in PRM.

I don't mean to alarm anyone, but Chapter 10 is the last chapter I've actually completed.

No need to panic.  I'm panicking enough for all of us twice over.

3dyikes

Eric Storm

PS:  And all of you people last month, talking about cliffhangers.  Maybe THIS will educate you on the subject...

mwahahahahahahahahaha.....
misch_smiley

----
Facebook page

#344 2016-10-01 05:37:56

adultswim3
Inebriated

Well I hate you. At least it's Saturday so I don't need to sit at work all day thinking about this chapter. Good luck with the writing.

#345 2016-10-18 05:59:31

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for October 18, 2016:

The Woodward Academy, Year 6, Chapter 11: April, has been finished, and is with the reviewers.  I'll start on Chapter 12 ASAP.

*shew!*

Also, Agent of Change, Chapter 5 is finished.  I'll send it to the reviewers when they're done with WAY6-11.  This doesn't reflect any actual writing, however.  I just decided that chapter 5 was long enough, and had a good breaking point where I'd stopped writing on it.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#346 2016-10-18 06:25:30

Black Rose
Evil Bar Wench

*high fives Eric*  Way to get the next chapter finished in time!  Good luck writing more so you can have more breathing room.

Black Rose

"Being a writer is a very peculiar sort of a job: it's always you versus a blank sheet of paper (or a blank screen) and quite often the blank piece of paper wins." – Neil Gaiman

#347 2016-10-21 00:47:30

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

If you're happy and you know it, fuck you, asshole!
If you're happy and you know it,
Don't go bragging about that shit.

Any guesses about the kind of mood I'm in?

Eric Storm

PS:  If you'd like to contribute to the next Woodward book, I could use some ideas for crimes for David to investigate.  Magical, normal, weird, whatever.  If I use it, you'll be credited with the idea.

----
Facebook page

#348 2016-10-21 15:52:35

adultswim3
Inebriated

Just a few off the top of my head would be some kind of inter-species slavery ring, drug/sex trafficking, or an unlicensed wizard school run by a powerful dark wizard. I don't really know how realistic any of these are but good luck!

#349 2016-10-21 17:24:21

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Thanks, AS, those are a start.

Anyone else for ideas?  You can be as vague or as specific as you like... though if you're gonna get TOO specific, you might want to email me instead, to avoid spoiling it for everyone else...

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#350 2016-10-22 15:48:07

zipybug14
Inebriated

I've thought that David getting caught in a bank robbery (in earth) would be very amusing.  Those poor, poor unsuspecting techno bank robbers. 

As for actual crimes to investigate, perhaps some type of fraud case.  Counterfeit goods, pyramid/ponzi/other scheme.  They may not the the most glamorous cases, but they are still quite important.

A wizard selling drugs in earth.  Could be anywhere from mostly harmless (growing/selling weed and using magic to evade earth authorities) to full blown earth gang connection (curb-stomp battle in favor of David anyone?).

Just what I've got for now.  Good luck, and congratulations on getting chapter 11 done.

Board footer