Fenixreign
Completely Blotto

Re: Writing Status

I can understand your "pet a cat anology."  I just don't like cats.  😜

#502 2017-04-02 13:55:09

runkmaster24
Inebriated

Thanks for the status update managed to finally get to it hope all is well can't wait to read... take ur time we can wait we just don't like to... but that's one of the human conditions immediate satisfaction.

#503 2017-04-02 19:39:50

riun
Inebriated

I wish you good health and no distractions. Hell I'll even offer to sit on you porch and shoot solicitors if it would help.
misch_smiley

"The curse of a reader is reading faster than the author can write (or post)."

#504 2017-04-02 22:27:51

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I'm thinking the cop cars would be more distraction than the solicitors...

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#505 2017-04-02 23:22:37

Malkav
Tipsy

always take time for what you need to do, too much stress will put a damper on any work you do and ruin the fun in life. take as much time as you need

#506 2017-04-03 18:36:26

advancewar
Wasted

Lol probably  too cop cars being more distraction. Plus the whole matirial witness too murder thing.
But on another note i agree with the idea of a month off. A stressed and rushed writer dosent produce what the writer wants. 3dsmile take the time you need and we shall patiently (or not so patiently) wIt till next month 3dsmile

life=books

#507 2017-04-04 00:39:14

JJ Richards
Inebriated

Understood Eric. Just know that WE as the readers, as often stated here in the forums, also are aware that life just gets in the way at times and we appreciate all your efforts. We know "shit happens to keep us from the things we want to do...we just wish you well in health, life, and writing! Oh...the only good 'cat' is a dead one!!! <insert dog emoji here> 3dwink

JJ

#508 2017-04-04 03:15:16

peace2300
Inebriated

I'll admit, I was a little disappointed when I read your post about delaying the new chapter about WAY, but as I thought about it more and more I realized that at one time I was waiting for almost a year on a new chapter to another story I was reading. I'm only sad because I've got to renew in two months.

#509 2017-04-04 03:47:33

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

If it bothers you that badly, contact me in email, and things will be handled.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#510 2017-04-04 03:48:31

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Oh, and JJ?

We have THREE cats... and only one dog.  So... yeah, not the sort of thing you say to us.
3dtongue

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#511 2017-04-05 18:16:29

Sirkenii
Inebriated

I feel Cheated, man I told the guys during the interview I was addiction free, and I did not sign up for WAY REHAB, I refuse to admit to the group I have a reading problem *~twitch~* grin.

Take your time eric, I love your writing and rather hear you say taking a break, then I quit. 3dsmile

#512 2017-04-05 18:26:32

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

*everyone together* "Hi, Ken!"

3dtongue

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#513 2017-04-07 07:30:52

fathertyme
Inebriated

Hi, my name is Fathertyme, and it has been 37 days since I last read a chapter. Each day is a challenge, but I have the will to go on, and know that I can make it.

Thank you, and god bless... 3dtongue

Last edited by fathertyme (2017-04-07 07:31:12)

#514 2017-04-07 10:00:36

Sniper
Inebriated

Jay and Silent Bob will get you over any kind of challenge you will face during your wait.

#515 2017-04-07 20:40:50

Elessar
Completely Blotto

I know there isn't anything new for chapters yet, but are you a little more into it and less stressed then before? Things looking up?

#516 2017-04-09 20:50:25

the pa
Tipsy

I don't like haveing to wait but I understand that the time is needed for you to get back on top of things. Atlest your telling everyone what's happening thx. Love the story's and can't wait for more.

#517 2017-04-09 20:52:41

the pa
Tipsy

I hate haveing to wait so long for the next chapter. But I understand that you need to get back on top of things. Thanks for atlest telling everyone what is happening. Love the story's.

#518 2017-04-09 21:31:37

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Elessar:

No, things are not looking up at all.  Real Life (TM) has been kicking us around pretty good with illnesses and trips to the ER (Keeshaba's, not mine, and she's fine, though has a weird medical problem they haven't figured out yet...)  The last few days, for instance, I've been fighting with some kind of ear/nose/throat thing.  All of yesterday, I couldn't hear at all out of my left ear.  Doesn't sound like much, but have you ever tried to concentrate when something like that's happening to you?  It's nearly impossible.

In any case, WAY7-4 isn't nearly finished.  I'm seriously concerned about that May 1 posting schedule at the moment.  I've made no decisions as of yet, but it's not looking very good right now.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#519 2017-04-11 03:03:17

Elessar
Completely Blotto

Eric Storm wrote:

Elessar:

No, things are not looking up at all.  Real Life (TM) has been kicking us around pretty good with illnesses and trips to the ER (Keeshaba's, not mine, and she's fine, though has a weird medical problem they haven't figured out yet...)  The last few days, for instance, I've been fighting with some kind of ear/nose/throat thing.  All of yesterday, I couldn't hear at all out of my left ear.  Doesn't sound like much, but have you ever tried to concentrate when something like that's happening to you?  It's nearly impossible.

In any case, WAY7-4 isn't nearly finished.  I'm seriously concerned about that May 1 posting schedule at the moment.  I've made no decisions as of yet, but it's not looking very good right now.

Eric Storm

I am sorry to hear to, we hope for the best from both of you, we hope your health improves but from the sound of it, it's just a struggle either way. Keep trying, regardless of the outcome, we aren't paying for just your release, we have other authors we can read from while we wait. Sadly a lot of the good stories have stopped in mid story and have no end in sight. Best wishes.

#520 2017-04-11 04:16:55

islandman79#
Inebriated

The symptoms you describe are identical to what I have been experiencing since late feb, the cough is brutal and keep emptying nose every 5 min

#521 2017-04-12 06:24:13

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for... whatever the fuck day this is:

My ear problems have developed into a full-blown ear infection, with the clogged ear, the stabbing pain, the swelling, the pain when chewing, etc.

I have a visit with my GP tomorrow, but I anticipate that this problem will not be resolved within the next few days.

Needless to say, I can't write like this.  I've spent almost all of today dozing in my chair.

Life Sucks.
Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#522 2017-04-13 06:00:49

Archangel1962
Wasted

Only easy day...

BALLAD of The US Navy SEAL Teams
Im a lover, a fighter, I'm a UDT Navy SEAL diver. Last of the bare-knuckle fighters.
No muff too tough, I dive for five, tuck, suck, fuck, nibble and chew.I dine and interwine, masturbate, ejaculate and copulate.Been around the world twice, and talked to everyone once. Seen two white whales fuck, and been to two pigmy picnics.Met a man from Nantucket with a marble head and wooden cock, and ladies, if you dont like my face you can sit on it.

#523 2017-04-13 07:13:24

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Trust me, there was nothing easy about it.  The only easy day is the one after you die.

And since the pharmacy didn't have my Rx today, I have to wait until tomorrow before I can even start treatment.  Meanwhile, I'm living on ibuprofen for the pain and ice packs for the inflammation.  (And they're not doing much... either of them.)

My GP was unclear as to whether or not I have an actual ear infection, but he said that my outer ear is so swollen that he can't even see my eardrum.  (Which would be a good reason that I can't hear out of the damned thing...)  He's prescribed ear drops which are antibiotic/steroidal, so whether it's an ear infection or not, it should be covered.

If I can ever get the guarddamned medicine...

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#524 2017-04-13 10:34:25

Sniper
Inebriated

Eric, stop putting pressure on yourself. If life is shit atm, then take a break. With all your current issues you will only wear yourself down completely. That won't help anybody. And it will not let you produce quality.

Don't write anything for 1,2,3 months or whatever. Fuck all those whiny assholes that are bitching about their PRM access. Who cares about $1 per month? Most likely none of them has ever written a story or done anything else creative.

#525 2017-04-13 16:21:55

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

What you fail to understand is that writing is one of the only things that relaxes me.  Not writing stresses me.  Not because I'm not keeping up with my schedule, but because the story keeps running around in my head wanting to get out.

But, setting that aside for a moment, let me help you look at this a little more practically:  You're basically telling me to ignore my donors, which isn't exactly a great notion, but let's put THAT aside for right now, too.  What about NEW donors?  Why would people make donations if they're not going to get anything to read out of it?

Keeshaba and I are fairly dependent on that $600/mo.  That's why it IS $600/mo., and not $500 or $700 or $1000.  Hey, I'd absolutely love it if you guys were able to send us a grand every month.  Our debt would get paid off like a shot!  But we don't NEED that much, which is why I don't ask for that much.

Reducing my output is bound to have a negative effect on donations, and that has a negative effect on my ability to do things like eat.

Not eating is also very stressful.

Eric Storm

PS:  It's not like I'm not doing ANYTHING, though... the last couple days I've spent doing research for the new version of the website.  So the time was not a total loss... it just didn't get any writing accomplished.

----
Facebook page

Board footer