The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#526 2017-04-14 13:01:25

Sniper
Inebriated

Re: Writing Status

OK, I get it. Not eating and not writing is more stress for you than the deadline you set for yourself. Maybe you should eat while writing for maximum relaxation.

Hope you get well soon.

#527 2017-04-14 17:50:10

Orac
Inebriated

I liked the new Agent of change story, a new story to follow besides the Woodward academy thanks. Hope your health  improves.

#528 2017-04-14 20:03:57

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Sniper:

I've tried that more than once.  It usually results in a very cold dinner. 

Orac:

Welcome to the forum, and thank you for the feedback.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#529 2017-04-15 22:55:34

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for April 15, 2017:

Agent of Change, Chapter 2 has been posted to PRM.

As of now, I have not made an official decision, but be prepared to not have a release of WAY7-4 in May, either.  I am still fighting with my ear infection or whatever it is, and I'm not getting much of anything done.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#530 2017-04-19 23:49:41

bleme
Inebriated

My wife went through an ear thing in December.  The doctor gave her antibiotics but it just kept getting worse.  Finally she went to the ER and they irrigated her ear, pulling out a pile of fungus that the antibiotic didn't have any effect on. If you are still having issues, it is worth investigating.

#531 2017-04-20 03:53:34

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

It has gotten somewhat better.  The pain and swelling are gone, but my ear is still clogged.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#532 2017-04-23 04:35:41

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Official Notification:

Okay, folks, I hate to do this, but this is your official notice that there will be no May 1st update, either.

This ear infection or whatever it is just refuses to let go.  It's sapping my energy and making it hard to focus on much of anything.  Really, all I've been doing is watching old TV shows.  (I've watched all of Hogan's Heroes this month, as well as most of Air Crash Investigation... still working through it...)  I hate being like this, but I simply can't work mentally this way.

The chapter is well advanced, at almost 15,000 words.  NO, I cannot just "cut it where it is", as I'm only about halfway through the month.  (7-4 would just have to be one of my longer chapters, wouldn't you know?  The universe loves this kind of cruel joke...)

I seriously hope that I will be able to post on June 1st.  I'm going to see the ENT this week, so hopefully this issue will get settled soon.  On the plus side, my allergies seem to have cleared up (finally out of my allergy season, I guess...)

As with this month, I will post another chapter of Agent of Change on or around the 15th of May.  I know it's no substitute for WAY7-4, but at least I'm giving you SOMETHING to read...

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#533 2017-04-23 13:56:37

potter2812
Tipsy

Don't worry about it Eric, I hope you get better soon.

#534 2017-04-23 15:14:26

Fenixreign
Completely Blotto

Other than money, anything I can do to help, let me know, Eric.

#535 2017-04-23 16:51:25

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

There are solutions other than money????  3dbig_smile

Thanks, anyway,
Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#536 2017-04-23 18:00:09

Timberwolf92
Inebriated

Take the time you need Eric.

#537 2017-04-24 10:09:29

KaosKing
Inebriated

Laughter can help. Take some time to relax and have a good day. It can be very refreshing.

Hope you feel better soon Eric, thank you for keeping us updated!

#538 2017-04-25 06:34:42

StoryJunkie
Wasted

It sucks for us because we don't get our WAY fix, and it sucks for you because it's another delay in your writing that you do to relax. As much as I want to rest of the story done, I have no problems waiting for it (well I have problems, but there's nothing I can do about it lol) so...that said I hope your ear gets better and you feel better.

OK, are we done with the sappy stuff.....DANG NAB IT ERIC...GET HEALTHY WE WANT OUR STORIES

Take care of yourself and we will see what we see.

#539 2017-04-25 16:38:49

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

StoryJunkie wrote:

Rude thing to say to a legally blind guy...

3dtongue

LMAO

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#540 2017-04-26 03:21:02

darthel0101
Completely Blotto

Sending wishes for a quick recovery your way.

#541 2017-04-27 02:39:22

Augur
Wasted

Sad news indeed. Still the possibility of getting a couple or more chapters in one month some indefinite time in the future if you are able to catch up, does fill me with some giddy anticipation or expectation. 3dsmile It would be nice to get double or triple the usual fix. It's not like we could overdose from it 3dsmile  3dsmile

Anyway, best wishes Eric. Hoping you start feeling better soon.  BTW if you are watching old series I would suggest Babylon 5. That was a truly great show. 3dsmile

#542 2017-04-27 03:19:34

JJ Richards
Inebriated

Eric Storm wrote:

Official Notification:

Okay, folks, I hate to do this, but this is your official notice that there will be no May 1st update, either.

This ear infection or whatever it is just refuses to let go.  It's sapping my energy and making it hard to focus on much of anything.  Really, all I've been doing is watching old TV shows.  (I've watched all of Hogan's Heroes this month, as well as most of Air Crash Investigation... still working through it...)  I hate being like this, but I simply can't work mentally this way.

The chapter is well advanced, at almost 15,000 words.  NO, I cannot just "cut it where it is", as I'm only about halfway through the month.  (7-4 would just have to be one of my longer chapters, wouldn't you know?  The universe loves this kind of cruel joke...)

I seriously hope that I will be able to post on June 1st.  I'm going to see the ENT this week, so hopefully this issue will get settled soon.  On the plus side, my allergies seem to have cleared up (finally out of my allergy season, I guess...)

As with this month, I will post another chapter of Agent of Change on or around the 15th of May.  I know it's no substitute for WAY7-4, but at least I'm giving you SOMETHING to read...

Eric Storm

I have just 5 words for you, Eric...."GET THE FUCK WELL ALREADY!" 3dwink
JJ

#543 2017-04-27 04:35:09

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Wish it were that simple, JJ.  My ear is - VERY SLOWLY - getting better.  I have a visit with the ENT next Friday (the 5th). 

NOW the problem is that I have been out of writing for so long that I have slipped out of a writing mindset.  Getting myself back in that place can be difficult and tricky.  This will surprise some people, but it may involve writing on something other than WAY7 first.  Something that I can just get myself back into a flow.  The problem this year has been that I have never really been in "writing mode".  I've been forcing myself to write, so that I could keep pace - badly - but it's not really been interesting to me.

It's possible that another chapter of AoC, or maybe finishing up the started chapter of A2, might be what is called for.  At this point, I just don't know.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#544 2017-04-27 04:37:57

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Augur:

I own all of B5.  I have watched seasons 1-4 many times.  I have never managed to make it through more than a few episodes of season 5, however.  I'm not sure why.  The loss of Claudia Christian, plus never really "clicking" with Captain Lockley...  I think it's because Season 5 feels like a whole different show, rather than, as it should, denouement to the four seasons before it.

I was upset that Crusade didn't stick around, too.  I love the techno-mage character... as should be obvious to anyone who knows about the Book of Galen...

3dwink

Eric Storm

PS:  Or, for that matter, Woodward Academy...

----
Facebook page

#545 2017-04-27 05:12:33

Augur
Wasted

I actually liked all of them, although I agree that without some of the actors it did feel somewhat different. Still if you followed the development of the show the original story arc for it was for five seasons. Then at season 4 it seemed that the show wouldn't get renewed for the final season, so Straczynski condensed the main story arcs of two seasons into one (that's why season 4 seems so packed with events, even a little bit rushed at times, but intense). After that the renewal for season 5 came, so Straczynski had an opportunity to create kind of an epilogue. It's still great and the main story arc about the interstellar alliance, the Drakh and the war with the Centauri is very interesting, but it's less rushed than season 4 and has a somewhat slower pace. So may be not for everyone. For me sleeping in light (the last episode) is the culmination of all the series. Can't watch it without shedding a few tears.

As for Crusade I also loved that show too. Sadly the execs preferred to ax it while the show was just a newborn. The overall story arc was just getting the first small hints.   Well, let's hope Straczynski may expand on the B5 universe some day. 3dsmile

Last edited by Augur (2017-04-27 05:13:56)

#546 2017-04-28 02:28:49

JJ Richards
Inebriated

Well, Eric, I just finished reading the 1st 2 chapters of AoC...allI  can say is....WELL DONE! Where can i get a symbiont?!?!?!?!?

#547 2017-04-28 06:56:02

Sniper
Inebriated

You may have to wait a bit, as you are pretty late to the party.

#548 2017-05-01 01:39:20

StoryJunkie
Wasted

Eric Storm wrote:

StoryJunkie wrote:

Rude thing to say to a legally blind guy...

3dtongue

LMAO

Eric Storm

oh yeah I forgot about that part.....OK....how many fingers am I holding up? can you tell which one it is? lol

#549 2017-05-01 07:09:47

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Five full days to plot, plan and create, and that's the best you can do, StoryJunkie?

Sheesh.  I feel cheated.

3dtongue

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#550 2017-05-02 01:50:51

runkmaster24
Inebriated

Hope things clear up for u soon take ur time we can wait. Not that we have have a choice anyway haha. Definitely looking forward to when u can post though. Get better soon!!

Board footer