Completely Blotto

Re: Writing Status

My sincerest condolences on your loss.

#1027 2019-03-02 06:42:37

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

You left out the bankruptcy, and my own health problems... and now the damned van.  Yeah, it's been one hell of a shitty six months.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#1028 2019-03-02 09:44:14

Regod
Tipsy

My condolences for your loss, sad to hear about this...

#1029 2019-03-02 11:30:08

Orac
Inebriated

My condolances, I was sad to hear about keeshaba I had just recently read some of her stories and very much liked her style.

#1030 2019-03-02 18:30:47

Mjollnir
Tipsy

I have no words of wisdom, only good thought and prayers for you.

#1031 2019-03-02 19:19:29

Timberwolf92
Inebriated

So for your loss Eric, will continue to keep you in my thoughts.

#1032 2019-03-05 21:54:37

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

So the typhoon continues...  (You know, it never rains, but it pours?)

Took the van in yesterday for annual maintenance, in preparation for selling it.  My brother mentioned that the vehicle was shifting more frequently than he thought it should.

Upshot:  There's something majorly wrong with the transmission. 

Thank the Universe for warranties.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#1033 2019-03-06 05:23:34

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

An actual Writing Update:

For only the second day this entire year, I wrote something.  Whee!

Maybe I'll do the same tomorrow.

Or maybe it'll be another two goddamned months before I write again.  Grrr.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1034 2019-03-11 16:58:11

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Okay, so it's time for the rain to stop.  This shit's getting ridiculous.  (I'm speaking of figurative rain: it is sunny and warm here right now.)

Now I have a possible eye infection!  Grrrr.  If it isn't one thing, it's another.  For once, it's a GOOD thing that I can only use one eye at a time: now, it means that my vision isn't really affected by the fact that my left eye is watering like Nagyara Falls.

And, oh yeah, the van STILL isn't back from the dealership.  Not that I can use it to go anywhere, but I do need to get the damned thing sold!  I just wasted $350 paying for the van bills for the month.

Sometimes, life really sucks.
Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1035 2019-03-22 22:03:17

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Some days, it just doesn't pay to get out of bed.

So last night, Speculum... er, I mean Spectrum, that merger of Farter Communications, Pop Warner, and Tight Blouse, had a service outage.  No big deal, since it happened right as I was going to bed, right?

Wrong.

When I got up this morning, Internet and cable were back... but my wi-fi had been disabled.  Wi-fi is provided by the Speculum modem/router box.  (Mind you, they provide this service to you at $5 a month.  Do you get a better box or at least a different box for your $5?  No.  They send an electronic code to the box you've got, to enable the feature.  For this, they charge you monthly.)

So, I get onto the support chat.  The jerk... er, ahem, I mean the wonderfully helpful customer service representative... tells me that he cannot re-activate my wi-fi because I have a disconnect order scheduled.  (Yes, I'm dropping Speculum, in favor of Frontier, for whom I haven't yet thought up a disparaging name.)  He tells me that I must call the cancellation dept. to get them to amend the order.

Now, mind you, I didn't tell them to stop ANY services early.  My bill is paid through April 4th, and I told them to disconnect service on April 4th.

*sigh*  So I call.  They confirm what the idio...er, ahem, I mean the CSR in chat told me: They cannot change service with the cancellation order in place.  They have to cancel the cancellation, in order to reactivate wi-fi.  Is it just me, or does anyone else see a plot here to try to force me to forego disconnecting service?

After talking to four different people (and being put on hold for each of them), I managed to get my wi-fi turned back on.  And oh yes, you bet your ass that I immediately re-instated the disconnect order.  This is just one of many times that Speculum has fallen way short on both technical and customer service.

You'd think that would be enough aggravation for one day, wouldn't you?  Well, apparently the universe disagrees.

In the mail, I received a notice that the bank needed paperwork related to Keeshaba's passing.  We shared bank accounts, so I have to deal with this.  Well, I've received the death certificates from the mortuary, so no big deal.  I figure I'll go down there, let them copy the DC, close one of the accounts, remove her name from the others, and be on my way.  Easy-peasy, right?

... Right?

... RIGHT????

When will I fucking learn?  I was at the bank for AN HOUR AND A HALF.  Most of that time was spent staring at the agent in front of me, while she sat there on hold, waiting to talk to some dickw... ahem, some highly skilled technician in a call center somewhere, because she was not allowed to remove Keeshaba's name from things, only the dickw... er, the highly skilled technicians... are.

So the task got done, and I managed to get out of the bank before closing time, but shit, people.

Why, oh why did I get up this morning?

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1036 2019-03-23 05:47:59

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Writing Update:

WAY8-2 is now up to almost 12,500 words.  It is getting close to the end, but of course I'm not about to make any promises about when it might be done.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1037 2019-03-24 00:21:09

darthel0101
Completely Blotto

My sympathies to you for the way that you were treated by the 10t's in the various customer disservice departments.
Hoping that your life has some turn-around soon.

#1038 2019-03-24 01:10:47

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

We'd better hope so.  It keeps going in this direction, I'll be homeless, crazy and a Smurf by the end of the year...

Eric Smur...er, ahem, I mean Storm! STORM!!!

----
Facebook page

#1039 2019-03-24 02:49:27

Jefferson
Completely Blotto

From NetWolf to Eric Storm to WRITER SMURF!!!! Hehee. I like it. I say do it!!! 3dsmile

#1040 2019-03-24 03:42:25

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Smurf you, Jefferlope.  I'll smurf your smurfing smurf if you don't smurf your smurf!

3dtongue

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1041 2019-03-24 19:38:46

Sniper
Inebriated

Support blue, go to your profile and switch your visual style to "Oxygen"

#1042 2019-03-24 23:39:43

Josh.Bond
Inebriated

But you still have to wonder...if you choke a smurf what color dose it turn?

#1043 2019-03-25 02:09:43

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Purple, like everybody else.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1044 2019-03-26 18:59:35

Sniper
Inebriated

Does a smurf have permanent blue balls?

#1045 2019-03-27 04:51:09

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Don't say it... say it... don't say it... say it...  Nah, I'm having an iffy day, I need the smile.

Black and blue balls from smackin' into yo mamma's chin!!!

3dtongue

Sorry, I needed that today.

So, today I rehomed Sprite, our cockatiel.  I didn't feel confident taking care of her with my eye problems.  She'll be better off where she is, I'm sure.

I said this on my Facebook page:  Do you remember that Star Trek: TNG episode where Wesley's experiment goes awry, and Dr. Crusher gets trapped in her own version of the Enterprise where people keep disappearing and her world keeps getting smaller?  Yeah, kinda starting to feel like that.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1046 2019-03-28 04:43:08

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Not to get anyone excited or anything, but WAY8-2 is getting very close to being finished.  I have one set of scenes left to write, and then it will be done.  2,000-3,000 words, most likely.  No telling exactly how long that will take me, of course.  It's not like I've been a writing demon the last eight months or so...

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1047 2019-03-28 12:32:49

sacketts86
Inebriated

The 2nd half of that 1st sentence made me completely forget/ignore the 1st half.🤗

#1048 2019-03-28 17:50:25

StoryJunkie
Wasted

oohhhh oooohhhh I'm getting all twitterpatted waiting....hurry the hell up man  3dbig_smile 3dtongue

Last edited by StoryJunkie (2019-03-28 17:51:11)

#1049 2019-03-28 19:56:26

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Awp, someone told me to hurry up.  That's another three-week delay...

3dtongue

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!  misch_smiley

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1050 2019-03-29 13:17:44

thehilz
Completely Blotto

Hopefully my donation will knock off at least a week off that estimate. 3dangel

Just messing with you. I was already going to donate

Last edited by thehilz (2019-03-29 13:19:17)

Board footer