The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1076 2019-04-08 16:10:06

Augur
Wasted

Re: Writing Status

Those kind of eyedrops usually have some antibiotics and fungicides.

#1077 2019-04-08 21:47:37

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

No, that's what the prescription was.  The eyedrops I used were just heavy-duty lubrication drops.  They're more gel-like (they're called Systane, they're OTC.)  I did take the Rx drops for a few days, but by the time I got them (the pharmacy had to order them), my eyes were already feeling much better.  The Rx drops didn't really seem to help anything at all, and my APRN (doctor-like person) told me to go ahead and stop using them.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#1078 2019-04-09 14:54:43

Cheezes
Inebriated

well eye drops do help with infections, similarly as washing out a wound helps a mildly infected wound heal with or without antibiotics. the human body does know how to deal with infections without antibiotics, it just needs some help now and then.

sure if its heavily infected then washing probebly isn't going to cut it. But rinsing/washing any infected areas definitely helps the healing process.

#1079 2019-04-09 15:08:44

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

But washing a wound actually carries the bacteria out of the area.  The eyedrops do not (ideally) leave the eye, thus they can't carry anything away.  Not to mention, if that was all that was required, my eyes were watering pretty constantly, so the eye drops would have hardly been required for that purpose.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#1080 2019-04-12 16:06:06

thehilz
Completely Blotto

Eric Storm wrote:

Barbarian3165 wrote:

Please feel free to kick the reviewers in the tukus...  We are jonesing for our Way8-2.

Ah, but let's not forget that two-week wait even after they're done...  mwahahaha

3dsmile

Eric Storm

Well hopefully I knocked another week off 3dcool

#1081 2019-04-12 21:35:20

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for April 12, 2019:

Geez, I've forgotten how I even format that header!

The Woodward Academy, Year 7:, Chapter 8: January, has been made public.
The Woodward Academy, Year 8:, Chapter 2: July, has been posted to PRM.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1082 2019-04-12 23:17:32

thehilz
Completely Blotto

3dsmile 3dsmile 3dsmile 3dsmile 3dsmile 3dcool

#1083 2019-04-13 01:22:48

Augur
Wasted

Thanks Eric.

#1084 2019-04-14 10:32:06

StoryJunkie
Wasted

<Happy Dance> Thanks for the new chapter Eric (I haven't read it just yet, but still) I hope your Muse keeps on keeping on. 3dsmile

#1085 2019-04-14 17:39:14

Elessar
Completely Blotto

Man, after 2 months i forgot i have to redonate again. Oh well, guess the story will have to wait. Keep on keeping on.

#1086 2019-04-15 23:18:38

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Non-writing Update

No, that doesn't mean I'm updating to tell you I'm not writing.  3dsmile  I'm updating a non-writing thing in the writing status thread. 

So, just for those who are keeping score, I sold off the van today.  I sold it for exactly what was owed on it... and that was apparently a gift from the company that bought it.  Their original offer was several hundred dollars lower than that, but they were "nice" enough to come up to my request.

Turns out that trying to sell a vehicle that still has a lien attached, to a private individual, is virtually impossible in the state of Florida.  It would require one party or the other (buyer or seller) to do something utterly foolish to pull it off.  So, thanks to Florida not having an "interim" process, and the bank not giving a rat's ass about its customers, it cost me a potential $2000 in sale price.  But I'm just happy to have the damned thing gone.  That's hundreds of dollars a month I'm not going to have to pay anymore.

So... yeah.  A little bit of stress reduced.

On the other hand...

I have a colonoscopy coming up on Thursday, as well as an endoscopy (they're doing both at the same time.  As my brother said, hopefully NOT with the same scope!)  I have a family history of colon cancer, and I've had acid reflux for almost twenty years, which can lead to serious esophogeal damage, so...  We'll see what the doc says.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1087 2019-04-16 22:13:39

Jack Tempest
Tipsy

well that sounds like a pain in the butt. but glad you got the van sold at least. a load off yoru shoulders it should be.

#1088 2019-04-16 23:48:51

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Hah.  Pain in the butt.  It better NOT be: there's anesthetic involved!

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1089 2019-04-17 08:37:31

StoryJunkie
Wasted

I'm 46 years old and still have never had a camera in my ass....that is one thing I am willing to forgo for life.....that said, have fun with the air release after the procedure, if done in a fun way it can help to lift your spirits.....or so I've heard (Robin Williams talked about it in a few of his specials lol)

#1090 2019-04-17 14:25:42

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

You say "still" like it's unusual for someone of your age.  It's not.  Most people don't need to start colonoscopies until after they're 50.  And if you think that you'd rather face the consequences of colorectal cancer instead of the ignominiousness of a colonoscopy, let me tell you: my mother died that way.  You don't want to go there.  (That's why I'm having a colonoscopy at the age of 45.  Technically I should have had it three years ago.)

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1091 2019-04-18 01:55:45

Hakhazar
Inebriated

I've had colitis for 40 years, since I was 17. I've had around 30 colonoscopies done. The worst part is the prep (unless you really, really, hate getting an IV set), and they're infinitely easier and less unpleasant than they were when I started. You've got this, no problem.
H

Eric Storm wrote:

You say "still" like it's unusual for someone of your age.  It's not.  Most people don't need to start colonoscopies until after they're 50.  And if you think that you'd rather face the consequences of colorectal cancer instead of the ignominiousness of a colonoscopy, let me tell you: my mother died that way.  You don't want to go there.  (That's why I'm having a colonoscopy at the age of 45.  Technically I should have had it three years ago.)

Eric Storm

#1092 2019-04-18 02:13:42

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I was never worried about the procedure.  The damned MEDICATION is the worst part: that shit was fucking NASTY.  Almost bad enough to make me hate lemon flavor.  (To help you get how bad that is, lemon is my favorite flavor...)

I had a barium enema when I was 21, so I was fully prepared for the prep.  Frankly, with IBS, the diarrhea wasn't even the worst day I've had in recent times.

But I am FUCKING HUNGRY, GODDAMMIT.  Ever notice how many food commercials there are on TV???

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1093 2019-04-18 02:24:42

darthel0101
Completely Blotto

The commercials are one of the reasons that I avoid the boob-tube.

#1094 2019-04-18 03:16:04

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Must be nice to have enough going on in your life to fill the day.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1095 2019-04-18 05:42:39

StoryJunkie
Wasted

Oh IF I ever need one, I'll get it done....but I really don't think I will last more than 3 or 4 more years as it is. Hell I was surprised I made it to 30 years old.

The "strangest" procedure I ever had was drinking a (mildly) radioactive shake and getting a nuclear scan done on my gall bladder...I say strange because the job I had at the time (I was driving a truck locally for a metal recycling plant) had one stop where I had to drive through a radiation detector and I set it off....freaked the guard out lol it beeped, I told him it was me and not the load of steel, he didn't believe me until he came out with his hand wand detector and it never made a sound on the load, but when he got close to me it beeped.

#1096 2019-04-18 13:54:29

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Some reason to actually think you'll be dead before 50?  Keeshaba thought she would be dead before 30 for a couple years... then her 30th birthday came and went.

Thankfully, she never made the same prediction about 40...

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1097 2019-04-18 18:26:01

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update:

Survived my colonoscopy/EGD without issue (though I'm still a bit dizzy... maybe the anesthetic plus my vertigo is interacting...)

Good news:  Colonoscopy was completely clean, not even any polyps.
Not entirely good news:  I have gastritis.  He took a biopsy to find out why, but I won't find out about that for a week and a half.

Still, I can EAT NOW, MOTHERFUCKERS!  3dsmile  They gave me blueberry muffins at the doctor's office, but I'm about... oh, like 2500 calories behind for the week...  And my stomach is not happy about it.  So, I'm gonna go find some goddamned food.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1098 2019-04-18 19:17:33

zipybug14
Inebriated

Congrats on the van Eric.  My family is stuck in the same situation, we still owe on our van that we can't drive(the transmission died).  The icing on the cake is that until we pay off the loan we have to keep insurance on a fancy chunk of steel.

Last edited by zipybug14 (2019-04-18 19:17:53)

#1099 2019-04-19 04:55:50

Jefferson
Completely Blotto

Eric, congrats on the clean exams. Very happy to hear the good news.

It's strange. This thing with people thinking they'd never make 30. I did the same thing. I was convinced since I was a teenager that I would die before ever turning 30. I never told anyone except my wife. I met Annie when I was 27, married her when I was 28. Gotta say, I became a bit of an asshole to my wife in the month or so leading up to my 30th. My birthday is December 21. On December 22, I was back to my old self. I didn't mean to be asshole, I guess my mind was telling me "Dude, you're going to die soon" and I guess it was affecting my mood even though in my logical mind, I knew it was probably just a superstition. But Storyjunkie is now the second or third person who said they felt the exact same way.

#1100 2019-04-19 15:14:54

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Jefferson wrote:

I didn't mean to be asshole, ...

...  Nah, it's too easy.   3dbig_smile

zipybug: I assume you owe way too much on the vehicle to sell it for what you'd get out of a non-functional vehicle?

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

Board footer