Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#151 2012-05-06 06:00:48

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Writing Status

Update for May 6, 2012:

CAMP: Sibling Rivalry, Chapter 17: The Chaffey War, Part 1 is now complete, and with the reviewers.  I will start the next chapter today.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#152 2012-05-07 04:33:07

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for May 7, 2012:

CAMP: Sibling Rivalry, Chapter 18: The Chaffey War, Part 2 is now underway.  Please be aware this is the last "full" chapter of this story.  There will be a final, much shorter, chapter that will wrap things up.  (I'm not going to call it an epilogue, because it's going to be too long for that.)

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#153 2012-05-10 03:31:31

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for May 9, 2012:

CAMP: Sibling Rivalry, Chapter 18: The Chaffey War, Part 2 continues, slowly but surely.

The Woodward Academy, Year 3, Chapter 1: June is now underway.  (Holy shit, am I already on year 3?  Seems like just yesterday I was writing year 1...)

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#154 2012-05-10 21:36:17

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

For the record, I have just surpassed my first writing goal for the year, 150,000 words.

I have reset my goal to 250,000 words.  Next year, I'll probably just start my goal at 250,000 words.

3dsmile

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#155 2012-05-16 12:53:04

Comora
Inebriated

Ch. 17 feels like it's taking a while. Does it usually take this long for reviews to be finished? not to sound needy, just curious.

#156 2012-05-16 18:11:17

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

That is up to the reviewers, some of whom have not been doing their jobs lately, and will soon be replaced with people more interested in the task.

Eric Storm

PS: Chapter 17 will be in PRM in the next few days.

----
Facebook page

#157 2012-05-17 00:17:08

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for May 16, 2012:

CAMP: Sibling Rivalry, Chapter 18: The Chaffey War, Part 2 is finished, and going to the reviewers.
CAMP: Sibling Rivalry, Chapter 17: The Chaffey War, Part 1 will post to PRM in the next couple days.

The Woodward Academy, Year 3, Chapter 1: June is about halfway done.

I'd have had CSR-17 done yesterday, but I wasn't feeling well enough to write.  So, instead of vegging out in front of the TV, I built this:

http://www.stormworks.info/nws/treatapult.jpg

We call it the Treat-a-pult.  It was modeled after a trebuchet, but as some anal-retentive individual has already pointed out, trebuchets used slings.  It is made from K'Nex pieces, and we use it to launch cat treats for Stormy.  If you want to see it in action, you can go to this link:

The Treat-a-pult

Now I'm trying to figure out how to make a tension catapult without breaking all my K'Nex pieces.

I am such a geek.
3dsmile

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#158 2012-05-20 08:41:55

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for May 20, 2012:

The Woodward Academy, Year 3, Chapter 1: June is still underway... about 3/4 done.

CAMP: Sibling Rivalry, Chapter 17: The Chaffey War, Part 1 has been posted to PRM.
CAMP: Sibling Rivalry, Chapter 18: The Chaffey War, Part 2 is with the reviewers, and should be posted RSN.  (Real Soon Now == Whenever I feel like it.  3dbig_smile)
CAMP: Sibling Rivalry, Chapter 19: Cleanup is finished, and with the reviewers.

This is the end of CAMP: Sibling Rivalry.  It is also the end of the CAMP universe.  I will not be releasing any future novels in this universe.  I had some ideas.  I even had two chapters of another novel written.  I am, however, deeply dissatisfied with this universe as a whole, and so I don't wish to continue writing in it.  I know this will upset some, as it is my most popular story (something that causes me endless aggravation).  To those of you who are disappointed, my apologies, but it is time for me to move on from CAMP.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#159 2012-05-20 13:36:51

Comora
Inebriated

Any hints as to what series you will be focusing on?

#160 2012-05-20 18:30:27

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Woodward, obviously, has main priority at all times.

After that, I am hoping to work on Maiasaurs.  If that turns out not to be possible (I've been having difficulty with the plot), then I will probably end up starting a new story altogether.  I'm at the point where I have finished many of my incomplete works, and so the idea of starting something new is not quite so bad.

Not including Woodward (since I will always have a Woodward project open for the next five years or so), the following series are not yet finished:
CASS
Lira's Home
Paladin
Where the Maiasaurs Roam

The truth is that the first three on that list have little chance of being finished anytime soon.  Maiasaurs at least has a shot at it, if I can get the plot worked out.  We'll just have to see.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#161 2012-05-20 19:15:58

celf
Wasted

well with Where the Maiasaurs Roam
as long as you dont kill them all off at the end i will be happy 3dsmile

#162 2012-05-20 22:47:35

LAoW
Completely Blotto

celf wrote:

well with Where the Maiasaurs Roam
as long as you dont kill them all off at the end i will be happy 3dsmile

And just for that, he will. You shouldn't have said it, really.

I don't have to worry about revenge because Karma is a bigger bitch than I will ever have to be.

#163 2012-05-20 23:15:14

celf
Wasted

LAoW wrote:

And just for that, he will. You shouldn't have said it, really.

i could edit the post

#164 2012-05-21 04:05:18

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Too late, I already saw it!  *starts planning volcanic eruption that overtakes them literally seconds before rescue....*

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#165 2012-05-21 06:31:17

Jefferson
Completely Blotto

Everyone should take note of Eric's creativity here.

He's got characters stuck in a land of giant reptiles and he's going to kill off all of his characters with a VOLCANO!!

What Genius!!! What Creativity!!! What.... Madness!!!

3dsmile

Last edited by Jefferson (2012-05-21 06:31:34)

#166 2012-05-22 21:05:48

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for May 20, 2012:

The Woodward Academy, Year 3, Chapter 1: June is finished.

Where the Maiasaurs Roam, Chapter 6: Progress has been started.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#167 2012-05-24 22:02:49

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for May 24, 2012:

The Woodward Academy, Year 3, Chapter 2: July has been started.

Where the Maiasaurs Roam, Chapter 6: Progress is... progressing.

CAMP: Sibling Rivalry, Chapter 18: The Chaffey War, Part 2 has been posted to PRM.
CAMP: Sibling Rivalry, Chapter 19: Cleanup will be posted to PRM in the next few days or so.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#168 2012-05-25 06:40:37

Black Rose
Evil Bar Wench

Didn't you used to have a sequel planned for... (I don't want to look it up) Artifact?  I might have the title wrong. It's been a long time since I read that.  Maybe that would be something to look into?

Black Rose

"Being a writer is a very peculiar sort of a job: it's always you versus a blank sheet of paper (or a blank screen) and quite often the blank piece of paper wins." – Neil Gaiman

#169 2012-05-25 17:22:27

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Since the actual title of that story is "Artifacts I", yes, I had planned an "Artifacts II".  Someday, I'll actually write it.  3dsmile

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#170 2012-05-25 23:32:32

Black Rose
Evil Bar Wench

Well, you didn't mention it as a possibility... :-)  From what I recall, I quite liked Artifacts though, so maybe you should contemplate moving the timeline for the sequel up from Someday (although we all know Someday is better than Eventually...)

Black Rose

"Being a writer is a very peculiar sort of a job: it's always you versus a blank sheet of paper (or a blank screen) and quite often the blank piece of paper wins." – Neil Gaiman

#171 2012-05-26 00:47:00

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Well, what I listed were stories that are "not yet finished".  An un-started story doesn't qualify as "not yet finished".  3dbig_smile

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#172 2012-05-26 04:55:39

Black Rose
Evil Bar Wench

Noo.  You said, "the following series are not yet finished".  And Artifacts is a series you haven't finished yet because you haven't started the 2nd one... 3dbig_smile  The discussion over this story series was a long time ago.  Wasn't it supposed to be a trilogy?

Black Rose

#173 2012-05-26 07:43:34

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I was using series to differentiate from short story, as I don't consider Paladin to be a "novel", given its manner of writing.

No, Artifacts was supposed to be a four-book series (a tetrology?  A quadrology?), followed by at least one book of "after Artifacts".

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#174 2012-06-01 07:18:45

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for May 24, 2012:

The Woodward Academy, Year 1, Chapter 12: May has been made public.  All of WAY1 is now public.
The Woodward Academy, Year 2, Chapter 6: November has been posted to PRM.
The Woodward Academy, Year 3, Chapter 2: July has been finished, and is with the reviewers.

Where the Maiasaurs Roam, Chapter 6: Progress is... progressing.  I am more than halfway done.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#175 2012-06-01 13:38:01

celf
Wasted

Eric Storm wrote:

Update for May 24, 2012:

The Woodward Academy, Year 1, Chapter 12: May has been made public.  All of WAY1 is now public.
The Woodward Academy, Year 2, Chapter 6: November has been posted to PRM.
The Woodward Academy, Year 3, Chapter 2: July has been finished, and is with the reviewers.

Where the Maiasaurs Roam, Chapter 6: Progress is... progressing.  I am more than halfway done.

Eric Storm

Wow... this is like a epic post.
this will be the first and last time you will see all of The Woodward Academy have a update at the same time seeing as year 1 is all posted now.

and to see Where the Maiasaurs Roam on there is just a added bonus.

Board footer