Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#176 2012-06-01 18:31:08

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Writing Status

Not actually true, celf.

Since Woodward is planned as an 8-book series, all you can say is that all of the "current" Woodward books were updated at the same time.  This happened several times as I was writing book 2, so it isn't the first time it happened.

It is the last time it'll happen, though.  But probably not the last time you'll see an update involving three of them at once.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#177 2012-06-02 02:54:15

celf
Wasted

lol

true eric, quite true.

did you ever post something then looked at it later and see that what you was thinking at the time and what you typed dont quite match up.

o Well.

and what is this little tip bit.
8 book's, your going to do 8 book's, Way cool.

now all i have to do it keep my body alive for 7 more years.
and that may sound like a joke but it's not. 3dsad

#178 2012-06-03 22:29:24

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for June 3, 2012:

Where the Maiasaurs Roam, Chapter 6: Progress is finished, and with the reviewers.

I will be starting chapter 7 of WMR soon.  This book is scheduled for 10 chapters, and I am looking to finish it by the end of the year.  I estimate (though am not promising) one chapter a month.

The Woodward Academy, Year 3, Chapter 3: August will be started tomorrow.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#179 2012-06-04 20:30:56

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for June 4, 2012:

The Woodward Academy, Year 3, Chapter 3: August has been started.

Just a note:  As of today, I have written over 200,000 words this year.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#180 2012-06-04 20:48:57

Jefferson
Completely Blotto

This is me being envious.

Show off!

#181 2012-06-04 23:16:13

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

*sigh*.  Really?  I have to write another Jefferson reference?  The books are going to be full of them if you keep this up...

3dtongue

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#182 2012-06-09 21:34:59

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for June 9, 2012:

Where the Maiasaurs Roam, Chapter 7: Breakthrough has been started.

The Woodward Academy, Year 3, Chapter 3: August is about 3/4 finished.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#183 2012-06-14 04:26:45

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for June 14, 2012:

The Woodward Academy, Year 3, Chapter 3: August is finished, and with the reviewers.

Where the Maiasaurs Roam, Chapter 6: Progress has been posted to PRM.
Where the Maiasaurs Roam, Chapter 7: Breakthrough continues.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#184 2012-06-15 06:29:46

StoryJunkie
Wasted

Wow, I wish I could poke around in your head (the writing part) for a bit. I envy you being able to be creative, since I have a hard time even creating a post that makes sense lol

Loving the stories, all of them....(been going back and re-reading them all) 3dsmile

#185 2012-06-15 07:21:36

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

You don't want to poke around in my head.  Trust me.

misch_smiley

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#186 2012-06-15 17:30:10

jralston78
Inebriated

How about Woodward chapter 2 December?

#187 2012-06-15 18:45:50

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

*sigh*  You didn't bother to go back and check this log, did you?

WAY2, Chapter 7, was completed a long, long time ago.  It will be posted on July 1st.  I am currently in the process of writing WAY3.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#188 2012-06-16 02:06:03

StoryJunkie
Wasted

Eric Storm wrote:

misch_smiley

Eric Storm

3dyikes oh heck no....lol

I just would like to be able to see the creative process, since I don't have one lol

#189 2012-06-16 03:08:10

celf
Wasted

StoryJunkie wrote:

Eric Storm wrote:

misch_smiley

Eric Storm

3dyikes oh heck no....lol

I just would like to be able to see the creative process, since I don't have one lol

creative process?

if it is any thing like my creative process.
Then you need to get Board. Very, very, board.

#190 2012-06-16 03:28:04

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

You only write when you're bored?  Writing is that far down your list of enjoyable things to do?

Writing is the first thing I do when I get up, right after checking email.

Thinking about writing is how I usually fall asleep at night.

Needless to say, I don't wait until I'm bored to do writing-related things.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#191 2012-06-16 10:15:46

celf
Wasted

First the question "You only write when you're bored?"
No.

however for me to have a Killer idea for a story.
i need to have been bored.
Very, very, bored.

When i dont have any other stuff on my mind i can let it wonder, and walk free.
that is when i get the most creative.

now to the question of "Writing is that far down your list of enjoyable things to do?"
This is not a easy Yes/No.
for a start writing in that of itself, for me is not fun. Writing is Hard, Very Hard work for me.
i get no enjoyment out of typeing A word or Writing a word.
What i do find Fun is telling a story, allowing someone other than myself to know the story i have dreamed up.
to do this i have to Type/Write the story down. even then to keep myself from giving up, i do not have every line planned out, i have target points, points that i need to get to, how i get to the target point that is what keeps me from giving up.

The Typeing/Writing part is just a part that needs to be done. like going to the WC. it eats up part of your time but needs to be done.
If i wish to Tell this story, for others to read it, and enjoy it. i have to Type/Write it.

and now you have seen a little in to my head, do you like it? 3dtongue

Last edited by celf (2012-06-16 10:19:36)

#192 2012-06-16 18:16:33

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

So you like being a story teller... just not the act of actually telling the story.

My head hurts.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#193 2012-06-16 22:12:14

StoryJunkie
Wasted

celf wrote:

and now you have seen a little in to my head, do you like it? 3dtongue

ok, let's pull the curtains on that window now lol....

#194 2012-06-16 23:03:22

celf
Wasted

Eric Storm wrote:

So you like being a story teller... just not the act of actually telling the story.

My head hurts.

Eric Storm

lol

lol just lol.
yes well i gave it a shot. (note to self: don't open the curtains for any one to look in)
sorry eric, do you need me to get the painkillers for you?

#195 2012-06-16 23:55:49

Wicked Storm
Completely Blotto

Your ability to write and keep coming up with awesome content is a thing to be quite envious of. I hope to be able to keep abreast and apace to you with my story. Ha, ha singular, at least for now. It is great to see you are writing so much. Big fan.

In the dark your lips taste like sweet nectar, and in the line they tease me endlessly.

#196 2012-06-18 18:40:10

jralston78
Inebriated

No sir sorry I didn't realize I needed to go back to march to find my answer. I'm sorry won't happen again.

#197 2012-06-18 19:35:14

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

jralston78 wrote:

No sir sorry I didn't realize I needed to go back to march to find my answer. I'm sorry won't happen again.

No, you didn't need to go back to March.  You needed to go back to the previous writing status update, which was posted a mere two days before your question.  In it, you would notice that I mention finishing Woodward Academy, Year 3, Chapter 3.  Now, I'm not sure how it works in your head, but in MY head, you don't start work on book 3 until book 2 is finished.

Not to mention that I have stated repeatedly that Woodward Academy is on a monthly posting schedule.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#198 2012-06-21 18:35:24

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for June 21, 2012:

Where the Maiasaurs Roam, Chapter 7: Breakthrough is finished, and with the reviewers.

I will be starting WAY3-4 tomorrow.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#199 2012-06-27 20:15:09

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for June 27, 2012:

The Woodward Academy, Year 3, Chapter 4: September has been started, finally.

Where the Maiasaurs Roam, Chapter 8: Success has also been started.

Sorry for the delay, but LAoW had a friend visit from out of town, then Tropical Storm Debby dropped by, first threatening to flood us out, then making the roof leak, then taking away power for hours, and finally destroying my mailbox post.  Fun, fun, fun.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#200 2012-06-27 23:03:32

Jefferson
Completely Blotto

And you allowed those minor little details stop you from writing? Where's the dedication? The motivation?!?! Come on!!! 3dsmile

Glad you all survived Debby. My condolences to your mailbox.

Board footer