The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#51 2011-05-04 04:48:58

StoryJunkie
Wasted

Re: Woodward Academy, Year 1, The

Loved this chapter....it's about time some revenge got started.

(posted from Chapter 5: October)

#52 2011-05-04 05:09:40

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Cenobite:

Have you never been hazed?  (What we used to just call teasing, but when it gets physical, I think the term hazing works better...)

At some point, no matter how intelligent you are, all you really want to do is punch the guy's face in.  I speak from first-hand experience here.  Yes, being "clever" with your revenge is in some intellectual way satisfying, but pummeling someone into a bloody mess is fundamentally, instinctually gratifying on a level that intellectual revenge can really never achieve.  It might not be as long-lasting, or even as effective at getting them to leave you alone, but you FEEL a hell of a lot better.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#53 2011-05-04 08:43:46

Elessar
Completely Blotto

Ha, I just left you a message about this yesterday. God that was great! Sucks he didn't get Marcus though. Can't wait for the next one!

#54 2011-05-04 19:10:23

fiferguy
Inebriated

Hoorah! Another chapter!  **drools** Must have more precious...

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#55 2011-05-04 21:06:57

lerris
Inebriated

At some point, no matter how intelligent you are, all you really want to do is punch the guy's face in.  I speak from first-hand experience here.  Yes, being "clever" with your revenge is in some intellectual way satisfying, but pummeling someone into a bloody mess is fundamentally, instinctually gratifying on a level that intellectual revenge can really never achieve.  It might not be as long-lasting, or even as effective at getting them to leave you alone, but you FEEL a hell of a lot better.

I think that that is the perfect definition of stress relief for stress as defined by Eric don't you.

Some people are only alive because it is illegal to kill them!

#56 2011-05-07 05:53:17

SilentSadist
Wasted

hahaha, awesome sauce. Just couldn't resist using The Mystic Wolf Pub eh? 10/10 so far. (will try to donate this month, but funds are tight on my end as well).

Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my hard disk?

All Your Base Are Belong To Us

#57 2011-05-07 06:13:01

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Glad you're enjoying the story.  Hey, I had to get you guys into the story somehow...  3dsmile

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#58 2011-05-09 03:10:39

SilentSadist
Wasted

Eric Storm wrote:

I gather you're a comic/superhero reader by preference?

Being a wizard could certainly be seen as a superpower, when compared to a non-magic individual...

Glad you're liking the story.  Thanks for the feedback,
Eric Storm

Nah, I just hadn't read it far enough to gather that "Hey look, its not comic-status, its magic-status." As always, addicted to anything you write! Seems like you know how to lace your writings with mental cocaine because I always seem to need a hit hahaha.

Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my hard disk?

All Your Base Are Belong To Us

#59 2011-05-09 14:40:35

edvardlavea
Inebriated

Another wonderful chapter. THank you once again.

The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today - Franklin D. Roosevelt

#60 2011-05-09 19:30:36

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Glad you're enjoying it.  I can't believe I'm already on the 9th chapter of this story in writing, and it's been less than 8 months since I started writing it.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#61 2011-06-01 12:16:10

Steen3
Inebriated

Deleted

Last edited by Steen3 (2016-06-15 11:07:36)

#62 2011-06-01 18:16:57

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Subtle, Steen.  Subtle.  3dtongue

hehehe

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#63 2011-06-01 20:23:18

Steen3
Inebriated

Deleted

Last edited by Steen3 (2016-06-15 11:07:44)

#64 2011-07-01 07:50:09

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

And so it begins!  Woodward Academy, Year 1, Chapter 1 is now PUBLIC!

I have also added, due to the questions/recommendations of others, a Calendar of Events, and a Character List.  There are two versions of each of these, one for public, and one for PRM.  The PRM one is current to what is available in PRM.

Oh, yeah, and chapter 7 is up in PRM now, if, you know, anybody would be interested in that.

3dbig_smile

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#65 2011-07-02 00:34:54

StoryJunkie
Wasted

I'm loving this story, I'm kind of torn though....while I like it so much right now, I kind of wish I hadn't found it until later. I know you have other things to do and you write at your own pace, but I still wish there was more to the story already..this waiting for each chapter is for the birds lol.

Keep up the great writing!!

#66 2011-07-02 01:12:47

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

But think of it this way:  As you are reading it now, the pleasure of the story lasts for an entire year.  If you waited until it was finished, your pleasure would last, what, a day?  Maybe two?

I am prolonging your enjoyment.  You should THANK me for releasing slowly! 

misch_smiley

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#67 2011-07-06 04:16:53

TomTheAlmostUgly
Tipsy

Chapter 7 is DA BOMB. Great writing, great sex scene, more sex scenes are set up. My guess: mix a little Sevat's Base with something on Professor Stott's list, add in a can of Demighost Whup-Ass (tm), and Marcus will Get His.

(posted from Chapter 7: December)

#68 2011-07-06 05:26:43

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Glad you're enjoying the story.  Thanks for the feedback.

As to what happens to Marcus... I'm not gonna tellll yaaaa.... 
3dbig_smile

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#69 2011-07-06 21:16:59

LAoW
Completely Blotto

*from the dark somewhere* Muhahahaha! I know...

I don't have to worry about revenge because Karma is a bigger bitch than I will ever have to be.

#70 2011-07-07 06:38:43

lordalpha
Wasted

LAoW! don't be mean! You know what happens is....

*looks out his window*
Eric? When did you hire mercs?
*runs and hides*

#71 2011-07-07 09:12:03

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Those are not mercenaries.  Those soldiers are fully trained and loyal to ME.  Anger them at your own risk.

Mwahahahahahahaha.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#72 2011-08-01 16:25:51

TomTheAlmostUgly
Tipsy

I enjoyed the chapter, mostly. But this "Marcus bullies David, and gets away with it, and everyone wrings their hands" baloney needs to end very soon. "We KNOW he did it, but we can't prove it" works both ways, you know.

(posted from Chapter 8: January)

#73 2011-08-01 16:52:13

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Yes, it does, if your hero doesn't believe in the rules... which doesn't make him much of a hero.

Sorry, but in real life, bullies USUALLY end up getting away with it.  Sorry if that's uncomfortable for you, but that is how it actually works.  I have first-hand experience with this, and my tormentors very rarely got caught..  And the only way for him to fight back would be... to become just like them.  Yeah, that's a path I want my protagonist to go down...

Thanks for the feedback,
Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#74 2011-08-01 18:48:30

StoryJunkie
Wasted

It's about time you got up off your butt and did some writing again instead of sitting around playing some kind of video game or something....<snicker> just kidding

I liked this chapter, I had a feeling something was going to happen between a Prof. and David, (sorry, no spoiler here) but I didn't think it would happen as quickly as it did. Keep up the great writing.

(posted from Chapter 8: January)

#75 2011-08-01 23:17:09

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Glad you enjoyed it.  I hope you like the rest of the book just as much.

Thanks for the feedback,
Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

Board footer