You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » General Chat
  •  » Resurrection has been cast, it is a critical success. Just chat

#1 2016-05-25 02:24:13

Wicked Storm
Completely Blotto

Resurrection has been cast, it is a critical success. Just chat

Hey everyone our lovely forums here die every so often, people just not talking much. And I know it probably just going to be a cycle like that for ever, but doesn't mean we cant try to breath some life into it.

What is everyone up too? anyone see any new movies? got some interesting tunes your listening too? Read a story on here you really liked and want to talk to others about it? have idea's you want to talk about debate or discuss? Well hit us here.

As you all know this is site is a mix of both authors, artist, and readers. I am all of the above, or at least I strive to be. But I am also a gamer, and have a few fandoms that I am into. So everyone tell me what fandoms are you into.

I love Pokemon, yes I know that's weird, but I do. Been playing it since it came out, and do it semi competitively at this point online. But I also love it's tv series, and manga's.

I am also a massive Harry potter fan, Anita Blake fan, and the biggest Maleficent fan in the world. I have no problem talking about any of this and more. So what are you guys into. Hit us up here and lets see if we can get this avalanche rolling.

In the dark your lips taste like sweet nectar, and in the line they tease me endlessly.

#2 2016-05-25 10:03:43

Barbarian3165
Completely Blotto

Re: Resurrection has been cast, it is a critical success. Just chat

I also enjoy the Harry Potter series, both the movies and the books.  I think I've read the series three or four times so far since I picked it up, not including the extra books like Beetle the Bard.  Other authors I enjoy include Frank and Brian Herbert's Dune series, Terry Goodkind's Wizard First Rule series, Raymond E. Feist's Magician series.  I've also enjoyed a lot of books set in the Star Wars series.  I guess you can say I'm into Science Fiction and Fantasy novels mostly... of course erotic tales in those vein are also on my reading list.

When it comes to movies, I'm more diverse and can watch almost anything although I find most of the horror films to be boring gore fests.  Of course Star Wars and Star Trek are near the top if not at the top of my Sci-Fi movies.  The Lord of the Ring's movies along with The Hobbit series are probably my favorite Fantasy movies.  Of course I own the Harry Potter movies and watch them whenever the mood strikes.

Computer games... currently I'm splitting my time between two MMO's, Star Wars the Old Republic and Everquest II.  But I occasionally break from them for a shooter, 4X strategy game or a single player RPG game.

My biggest hobby over the past 25 to 30 years has been the pen and paper RPG's though.  I'm both a player and a Game Master.  I've owned a copy of the old school pink box Dungeons and Dragons and most, if not all of the reiterations of the Dungeons and Dragons game systems over the years.  I've also played and run a number of other game systems like Shadowrun (cyberpunk setting with magic), Star Wars (from several different companies as the license moved around), Fate Core (mostly a player so far for this one), and numerous other game systems.  Creating worlds and stories for your players can be fun and challenging.  Retelling of the adventures in those creations can also be fun when we friends that are into the hobby get together just to socialize.

I've been working on my first erotic fantasy novel for about a year, or year and a half now.  I'm working on chapter 25, but I need to do some serious editing post chapter 16 to overcome my biggest problem of when to split paragraphs.  I know for example that each character's thoughts and actions should be in separate paragraphs, but I tend to run them together until I get around to polishing the chapter.  There are some other things I need to decide if I'm done with in chapter 12... but that mostly involve rearranging the order of some sections and maybe adding another section until I'm happy with it.

#3 2016-05-25 17:27:12

Wicked Storm
Completely Blotto

Cool another Table top player. I haven't been doing much of that lately. But I have been part of many gaming clubs, I do story telling, Gming and I love being a player. I actually have played like 30 different games/systems. So I enjoy it a lot. It influences my writing a lot, as I think of my characters as characters with character sheets, and abilities to complement them. I try to get away from that from time to time because it doesn't always help over think the development of the character before the character has had a chanced to do anything.

You have a few years on me though, because even though I have been playing the games since I was fifteen, I am only able to claim 17 years or game play experience. Tee hee

In the dark your lips taste like sweet nectar, and in the line they tease me endlessly.

#4 2016-05-26 05:12:29

Fenixreign
Completely Blotto

If you are a really big table top player and can find some f the books in your area (they are officially out of print) try the "Old" World of Darkness games.  It is low fantasy based, mostly supernaturals.  The main 3 titles are Vampire:  The Masquerade, Werewolf: The Apocalypse, and Mage: The Ascension.  Personally my favorite is the Kindred f the East companion.  It has eastern (read Asian instead of European) vampires that drink chi instead of blood.  The powers are based in Old Chinese religion (Celestial Beauracracy).  I am a HUGE fan of the stories that can be told there.  There was a reimagining commonly referred to as the "New" World of Darkness, but while the mechanics were better laid out and more consistent, the story lines just didn't do it for me. 

Both are d10 systems making it much easier for a new player to table top gaming to understand the mechanics side of things.  For those not familiar, d10 systems (like d6) use ONLY d10s, but they have ranks in a skill or ability.  You roll that many d10s and the difficulty of your action is determined by the ST (Storyteller, called a GM in most ther games).  If they want something to be a 50% of success you give a diff of 6 and any die that shows a 6 or higher causes a success.  A 1 is a "Botch" (aka, a fail s bad it cancels out a success) and a 10 is a spectacular success (so good, on most rolls, you can re-roll them for a chance at more successes). The more dice you roll, the more successes you can have (or botches, but with a 10% chance per die, it desn'to happen often).  he more successes you have after the rolls are completed dictate how successful you are.  Now, I know it's a bit more complicated as far as he you determine success, but what I like about it, especially for newbies, is that it gives the ST a LOT of room for ST fiat (overrule) without the player knowing.  The ST can just say "Ok, you need to roll Stat+Ability number of dice and you have to get a 6 or better."  The new player rolls 6 d10 gets 3 fails (2-5 on the dice), 2 successes and a botch (1 on a die).  The nice part is that the ST can determine that while the action the player described they wanted their character to perform needed 3 successes, since the player is new and you want them t be excited about playing, the ST can just say: "John, yoou pulled it off by the skin of your teeth, but you managed to slam your shoulder into the wall.  It's gonna make some things with that arm a bit more difficult fr a bit."

Now, obviously you have to have an ST you can trust not to be an asshole and overuse that power, but the ability to make the game more fun, on the fly, is great for new players.  I tried Hero system once.  First combat ever and my d6's would NOT roll below 16.  2 rounds into the combat, I rolled 18.  WORST ROLL EVER in Hero System.  My GM just let my character be knocked out for the ENTIRE rest of the combat which took 45+ minutes of real time.  By the time that gaming session was over, I was done with Hero.

Ok, so back on subject, I like table top, obviously, can't stand Pokémon (I think I am just too old), and I used to play World of Warcraft for 16 hours a day.  I worked at GameStop for a while as their RPG expert (I hate FPS games, and I play games for storyline).  My favorite RPG of all time is Jade Empire on thee original XBox, but the ME series was amazing and Dragon Age was solid.  Haven't played the Witcher titles yet.  JRPGs, FF of course, but Earthboound and Chrono Trigger were AMAZING.  Chrono Blade was good.  Haven't played most of the others.  I am not a big fan of the turn-based stuff in my RPG, hence why I like the Western ones better than JRPGs.  The original Fable was great the sequels, not so much.

I read LOT of online fiction (especially erotic).  I seem to be caught on BTB Cheating Wife stories.  I think I might need to talk to a shrink about that one.

I also seem to watch quite a bit of TV.  Really enjoying the DC shows, and I am so glad that Supergirl is headed to CW.  I also enjoy Supernatural, but I think it needs to just end at this point.  Suits on USA is my second fave from them, Burn Notice being #1.  Didn't enjoy Monk, but I did enjoy Fairly Legal and Necessary Roughness.  I was disappointed they were cancelled.

I guess the only books I have read recently were the Harry Potter series and Wheel of Time. If you get a chance and yoou are into High Fantasy with an almost alternate history twist (you'll see the parallels) and have time for a 14 book series, check it out.  Fair warning there are pints where it drags worse than LotR.

Oh, and Wicked, I knew a girl, she lives in Texas last I checked, that would dispute you about the bigger Maleficient fan is.  She REALLY loves all of the Disney villainesses, but Maleficient is BY FAR her favorite.  She has a tattoo of them on her arm but she started with Mal just in case she didn't get around to the others.

Als, IRL I am a complete asshole.  I am so good at it, I don't even have to try, I just succeed at it.  3dsmile

#5 2016-05-26 08:09:01

Barbarian3165
Completely Blotto

I've got lots of different pen and paper RPG's including the first two editions of what you are calling "Old World of Darkness" i.e. Vampire the Masquerade, Werewolf the Apocalypse and Mage the Ascension.  I was only a player in those games though and never ran them.  I've got a closet full of RPG gaming system's I've run and played in over the years, I'd have to guess that 20 different systems would be on the low side for the number I have.  Although quite a few of them I haven't broken out of the closet in years.  The last two I played in were Dungeons and Dragons 5th edition and Fate Core.  Fate Core is more of a story teller system and was based on the FUDGE system.  I've run a Fate Core game in an Old West setting and I've played the game in a Sci-Fi (space opera), a Time Travel setting and a Real World/Fantasy crossover setting where the characters would jump between worlds periodically.

Wheel of Time I enjoyed, mostly... but you have to get past the third book which I found to be a real drag to read...  The last few books of the series did introduce me to Brandon Sanderson though and I like a couple of his series.  Oh, speaking of other authors... I like Jim Butcher.  I'm chomping at the bit for the next Dresden Files book to come out and I liked his Codex Alera Romanesque fantasy series.

For TV, I've been into Supergirl, Marvel Agents of SHIELD, Blindspot, Castle, The Magicians and a few others that my poor brain is fogging over on their names at the moment for the last season or two.  Most of the TV I watch I end up DVR'ing so I can watch them at my leisure and fast forward through the commercials.  I've actually had to delete a few seasons because my DVR was getting full and I was going to start loosing other shows I deemed more important to keep.  I need to pick up the episodes of Person of Interest I've missed over the last two or three seasons.  I also need to pick up the season five and six bundle of Lost Girl.  Ksenia Solo is gorgeous, in my opinion and the other ladies are pretty hot also and I liked most of the story although season 4 of Lost Girl was a little bit of a let down.

Besides local news, I'm into 4 national news shows all on Fox News.  Outnumbered, The Five, O'Reilly Factor, The Kelly File.  Although I don't make it through all of those shows every day of the work week, and if I haven't caught up with them by Sunday morning they get deleted before the next week's news cycle can start.  And there have been a few times I've just decided I need a break from all the politics in the news and just ignore it all for a week.

#6 2016-05-26 09:03:17

Fenixreign
Completely Blotto

Totally agree about Ms. Solo.

#7 2016-05-26 15:55:38

Wicked Storm
Completely Blotto

Fenixreign I have two Ventrue's that I still play from Old WOD. And Three or so Characters that I play in NewWod. I like both systems, and have adapted for custom material a few times myself. I a bit gamer all together. Though I do lean heavy on the Story telling type games.

I don't argue about who is a bigger fan actually. I believe everyone has the potential to be the biggest fan in there own right. We should compete in this regards but share the love. I cosplay Mal. I own a 16 inch plushie of her, and I have several things covered by here sitting next to me, as well as a small collection of figures, and a few sign cells from the original movie. But most of all i just love her story.

As to Tv stuff, I tend to just watch whatever on netflix. Not a big tv person. Read more than anything, or write when i can. You guys be amazed at all the started but unfinished stories i have floating around on my hard drive. But yeah, I read to excess. Just this month I have finished six full length novels and have read about 30 or so stories publish online.

Pokemon, as a franchise has its moments of being like argh. But I actually like the story lines in them, even if they get a bit recycled from time to time. Also the collecting aspect of it defiantly calls to my Obesseviness. It's also a good community of people to get to know once you work your way past the trolls.

I stream on twitch from time to time, when I am really bored lol. Most pokemon emulators. I am a massive Sci Fi fan. Been re-watching Voyager from season one, just got to season two forgot how much fun it was. I also avid star wars reader. I have read all published novels for them. And listened to a few of their Random House Audio stories.

I stay away from politics presented in mass media in general. Especially Fox. But I don't knock anyone else who enjoy watching it for whatever there reason might be. Just not my thing. I do keep tabs on politics but mostly through lesser known media sources that actually fact check their stories lol. But let's just say the way stuff is happening in the world right now it does allow us as authors to play it up a bit in our stories. Or even make jokes.

So I guess my question would be, what Clan in OLD world of darkness Vampire was your favorite? And why?
If you could be any character from fiction who would it be, and why?
And of course, who is your favorite villain from any franchise?

#8 2016-05-26 23:26:07

Barbarian3165
Completely Blotto

I don't remember all the clans from the Old World of Darkness setting, I think there was what 5 or 6 clans... I think Ventrue was the rulling clan (politicians), Nasferatu was the truly scary clan (ugly and powerful), after that I know there was an artisan clan but can't remember there name.  I'd probably go for Nasferatu and work towards being powerful and feared by all the other clans.

I would be "Pug" from Raymond E Feist's Magician series.  I think he is cool.

My favorite villain is both tough and easy.  Unfortunately, I think it's rare for any author to portray their villains as truly evil.  They almost always try to give their villains some redeeming quality, some chance to come back to the good side.  Although that can work for the story and even make a great story, it doesn't always make for a great villain.  My totally evil son of a bitch would be Darken Rahl or Jagang from Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series, both were total dark evil villains.  My redeemed villain would of course be Darth Vader come back to the light as a shorter, chubbier Anakin Skywalker.

#9 2016-05-27 04:35:06

Fenixreign
Completely Blotto

I have an Assamite that has been played for so long and so intensely that he is just short of a vampire god (he was started as a Victorian Age vampire and was magically separated from the world so the curse that altered his Aura never hit him and it won't hit his children, but he refuses to make them).  I have gained so many XP's that I had to create an "Other Traits" sheet with 10 dots per line so that I could make sure I had the room for stuff.  My favorite part though is that he has managed to learn some of the special Disciplines for several Clans.  He has the Assamite versions of the Tremere sorcery, he has Serpentis (which he got be diablerie, if you read it carefully there is a SMALL chance of gaining new knowledge via that route and I happened to get VERY lucky on my rolls to learn rank 1 from consuming a Follower of Set), and was a near master of Quietus when he had to take on some PvP combat when a friend of mine was making to whole gaming group miserable playing a Malkavian but misplacing his dementia.  He chose Megalomania and was playing Psychopathy.  Still one of my favorite moves of all time because I had already learned Serpentis and that is all kinds of bad for an Assamite to know.  In case you don't remember, at rank 2 you can remove the heart of a vampire, drink his heart's blood and diablerize him.  Well, being an Assamite, I popped Quietus and then staked my buddy, put him in torpor then popped Serpentis, ripped out his heart and went Kano on his ass.

Let me tell you, my friend was PISSED.  Since I popped Quietus, he only got one resist roll for the whole thing since I came up behind him and staked him through the back.  It was the first time my ST had to run a PvP type encounter, and most of it was done on the sly because I was a sneaky bastard.  Best part?  When I diablerized him I jumped from 9th to 7th Gen. and I didn't have to spend a single background point on Generation.  At this point he is running around having won and diablerized his way into 3rd Gen with a sword containing an Earthbound Demon in it that was created by a Mage especially for him.  Yeah, you just don't mess with the guy unless you are Caine or Lilith.  He even makes Werewolves and KoE back off.  He basically just chills out as a "Questgiver" now because I have burned through his potential without creating some BS for him to fight.

Barb, theere are 13 clans.  Always have been.  TECHNICALLY, there are 15 with only a couple special bloodlines, but 2 were "destroyed," the Salubri and the True Brujah.  The 5 or 6 is in "New" WOD and they have MULTIPLE bloglines in each clan.  The Salubri were destroyed in the creation of the Tremere and the Brujah are different since their Methuselah was ousted by one of his Childer.

Last edited by Fenixreign (2016-05-27 04:39:48)

#10 2016-05-27 08:46:23

Barbarian3165
Completely Blotto

I haven't played any of the Old World of Darkness games in 15 years or more... definately pre 2000 anyway.  Last time I played was a short werewolf campaign or maybe it was a one shot vampire game.  Both those GM's have long since moved out of my area.  The system and story lines were interesting if a little dark.  I prefer my players to be "Heroes" and not "Villains" and I usually prefer to play a "Hero" and not so much a "Villain".  I know people that like to play the "Villain" and most of them haven't impressed me since they tend to be on their own power trip and like to screw over the other players if they can.  I've killed a few characters of those players in my career as a player and I've let them be killed when I was running the game.  I've had a long standing motto when it comes to gaming, "I remember my friends and visit them often and I remember my enemies so I can visit them when I can bury their asses."

One of my best friends is really into Vampire and he was the one that ran an occasional Vampire the Masquerade game before he moved away.  Unfortunately, he didn't live very close when we did play a couple times a month and when we did get together for a weekend game day, one of us drove for a little over an hour to get to the game.  The werewolf mini-campaign was run by a nice young lady whose husband was stationed at a nearby Navy Base and she gamed with some guys I met through a gaming club that happened to also be in the Navy.  I kinda miss the people from the Navy, they were one of my best gaming groups ever.

#11 2016-05-27 15:23:46

Fenixreign
Completely Blotto

Yeah, I played the Assamite as more the anti-hero.  You know, the guy that does what he wants but it tends to fall on the side of good.  In D&D he would have been Chaotic Neutral but tending toward Chaotic Good.  He only ever did a bad thing when he frenzied and he had a 10 Willpower from the start so that only happened once.  He was in a knockdown, drag out fisticuff with a Black Spiral Dancer Werewolf and the Wyrm poisons managed to lower his WP enough temporarily that he frenzied.  He killed the BSD but before he could finish his mission he found some humans that were being corrupted and tore out their throats AFTER flaying them alive.  When he came to, he couldn't even turn them because he didn't come out of it until after they bled out and drowned in their own blood. 

His very next campaign was a solo mission to find something to help him resist Wyrm toxins in the future.  He found a Silent Strider and a Mage that were tight friends and managed to finally convince them to help him make an artifact that purified the toxins quickly.  Obviously it took some INSANE ritualistic magic from the Mage, but yeah, he never frenzied again.

Last edited by Fenixreign (2016-05-27 15:29:29)

#12 2016-05-27 15:36:56

Wicked Storm
Completely Blotto

It is all in how you choose to play the character Barbarian3165. My Ventrue in Nwod is actually quite a good girl. I mean she has her moments of doing things that are against the law. But generally she is an upstanding individual. She runs a R&D company that builds better tactical gear for the British Military and Police force, while secretly developing gear that help vampires deal with the sun, and defending themselves against other supernaturals. She has a software development company that has made an unhackable super stable OS that is cheaper than anything out there, and is also developing more powerful computers that she sells for the fraction of the cost of current super gaming consoles. She has a cell phone company works like the gaming company. A music label, and a pharmaceutical company, all set up around London set up in strategic locations making a pentacle.

She is Ordo Dracul which means she is into magic as well. She is Japanese, and follows Boshido. So she is a great warrior, and She is Blood Potency 6 which is the highest you can go into unless you develop a discipline that slows or stops torpor rolls. All with only one Diablorary and was a very bad man selling very bad drugs lol.

But the point is, is that even in it's darker more sinister setting, playing evilish characters really is up to the player. there were memebers of my gaming group that were very nice people most of the time in character, and didn't even think about the pvping assets of the game. But yeah it can be fun, I miss playing Vampire either versions of it.

Fenix your assamite sounds brutal. I used to actually keep a story journal for Chisho because her character became so well developed that it was fun to write from her prospective.

So another batch of question to keep the topic rolling.
What is your favorite Legendary weapon both modern and fantasy based?
What about Sci Fi do you guys love if you do at all?
And what is the perfect women for you?

#13 2016-05-28 00:32:06

Barbarian3165
Completely Blotto

I know it is all in how you play the character and I understand that some people try to romanticize the settings, but the setting concept is still a little dark.

I guess I wasn't really talking about the game system so much as the players anyway.  I've played with hundreds if not thousands of players over my gaming career at conventions, the local gaming stores set aside gaming rooms, an RPG club that ran for several years and just meeting people through friends and acquaintances.  Unfortunately for me, a significant portion have played all their characters as a villain in the game or else they played in a way to get their own giggles not caring about the experience of the others at the gaming table.  Over the years I've come to loath playing with those people and only put up with them at conventions or at the gaming club meetup at the local gaming store.  Thank god I've found a few groups of good guys over the years with a similar play style to my own.  Currently my gaming group is taking a break, most of us have been playing since the mid to late 80's and we've got three good GM's for a nice rotation when a GM needs a break.

Storm or do you prefer Wicked?

I'm not sure on Legendary weapons... the only two really coming to mind are Excalibur and Thor's Hammer Mjolnier and I'd guess I'd go for Mjolnier.  I can't really think of any modern legendary weapons except for maybe lightsabers which of course are totally cool.

Of course I love Sci-Fi.  I'm a big space opera fan and a fantasy setting fan.  I even like the crossovers where magic, technology and space travel commingle.  Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones and a lot of other stuff.  I'm not into horror/gore fests, I've found most of those to be silly instead of really frightening.

Perfect woman:  If we are talking looks, Charlize Theron is my number one pick for looks.  However, I don't like most of Hollywood's political views.  They may or may not be nice people but I find their thinking to be more emotional then rational.  I also find some of them to intolerant of others thoughts and rational if they differ from their own.  I do appreciate some of the charity work some of them do though.

Now how about you who's your ideal woman, man or both if your so inclined?

#14 2016-05-28 05:15:27

Wicked Storm
Completely Blotto

I would like to apologize if I seemed to have been condescending or speaking from a place that might have seemed like you didn't have previous experience with the subject. I sometimes speak to quickly without fully taking in the context of what others have said. Something that I work on a lot, listening to the whole statement and not just the part that I picked up on the most.

You know it's one of those clear image things, especially when conversing on a message board. You have a part of the conversation that sticks out in your head and than boom, you forget what other important details someone might have said. So I do apologize. World of Darkness, is a very dark setting I do agree. A lot of people also do Romanticize it, I agree with you there completely.

Now I can agree with you on the players measure. I two have had a lot of experience playing with others. And more that a fair few don't care about what the other players are doing or how they should fit into a team. To draw an analog. In League of Legends, you can have a single player Carry the whole match if they are good enough, but they are not going to help everyone out to be better players, and often will be down right nasty and gloating if they do Carry the whole match solo. However, if face with players of equal or better skill they will just complain that no one on the team is any good.

Standard role playing is like that a lot in my opinion. Most players don't know what they are doing, and need help from more mature and experienced players. Players like you and I. But people with our skill level, most of the time are Jaded to a certain degree and as thus, just play for themselves. And become sour when other players just don't get it. You and I sound like the players who just want a good team that can enjoy the adventure or the story being told and really don't care for the power setting or in the case the selfish villain players.

Actually, Violet is alright. I state my actual name on my Author Profile on here. Mrs. Storm is fine too, but Violet is nicer.

Mjolnier is awesome Weapon, some even speculate that the idea of Excalibur comes from the Myth of Mjolnier because of the require of being pure of heart to pick it up. There is actually three legendary Light Sabers in the Star War's mytho's though I could tell you there names off the top of my head right now.

My favorite weapon is the Bow from Immortals, can't remeber it's name right this second. But I thought it was cool as shit. Tee hee.

Space Opera's are some of my favorite as well, But I also love some of the techno babel stories. Also one that gets missed a lot in B-5. I know that Eric loves that one, he uses some stuff from that series in his books lol. None tech related.  But I dare not spoil who it is. Lol.

Ahh loaded question for me, Women or Men. I am not interested in them based off of looks. Once upon a time, I had a type. And in My writing I tend to lean towards large chested Athletic builds with lots of hair and strong personalities. I as a person, am attracted to people's intelligence. Gender means nothing to me sexually wise. I believe the term is Saposexual. Though Pansexual can cover it too. I do think that Charlize Theron is super sexy, and Hallie Berry. I also like me some Allison Hangin, and don't shoot me but Megan Fox. LOL.

As to men, I am not super interested in their looks. Though again if you based it of my writing. I like strong Athletic builds, almost pro-wrestler build if I was solo basing it off looks. Kevin Nash kind of builds. But if they are super smart, and open to a lot of things. Boy, I tell you this girl is all sorts of into that. I am running out of questions. LOL.

Music, what type of music to you read to, or write too. Or work out music or cleaning music. Not know when you are inclined to listen to music. Personally I listen to it all the time and have certain types of music I listen to when I do different things. It influences what I am doing a lot. I don't like quiet a lot. but that is just me.

#15 2016-05-28 05:23:20

Fenixreign
Completely Blotto

So, in response to you, Wicked, yes, my Assamite is B.R.U.T.A.L.  He is a total dick in personality too.  Serious and quiet; exactly like you would expect an assassin that doesn't blend to stay off people's radars.  Now, yeah when you have your ST playing a toon that had an ST that created a way for his vampire to bind an Avatar (the thing that gives Mages the ability to use Magick) to her undead soul things get crazy.  We were dimension hopping and everything.  It was nuts.  Still, KoE is my favorite since I get to play a Vampire that isn't quite as dark (more sad) and he has all the realm shifting stuff so he works with the Shifters (especially the Zhong Lung) quite a bit. He isn't as developed and it has been so long since I played him that I don't even remember his associations past that.

As for Sci-fi, I truly enjoyed Star Trek (all of them including Enterprise and DS9), Star Wars has been entertaining, B5 was just awesome, never got into Firefly, Killoys on SyFy has been hilarious, and Dark Matter was good.  Eureka was good, though they needed to end it or get some better stories and the fact that it crossed over with Warehouse 13 (which is AWESOME) was sweet.

Ideal woman?  I have to say that, for me, there is no such thing, though I do tend to prefer my women with strong personalities.  This is going to sound almost contradictory, but my ideal RELATIONSHIP with a woman would be like my great-grandparents.  She RAN the household COMPLETELY, BUT if he put his foot down she just said "Yes, dear" and they moved on.  It was a balance.  He brought home most f the money required, she managed the home and made most of the decisions (happy wife, happy life right?) and he had override priveleges.  I also tend toward her being submissive in the bedroom.

As for women I feel are gorgeous, we have Mauren O'Hara in "The Quiet Man," Charlize Theron, Sophie Turner (I got a thing for redheads, sue me), Debra Messing had promise but she needs to gain about 15 pounds; I like my women with curves.  Fictional characters, Moiraine from WoT, Jean Grey, Rogue, Psylocke.

Legendary weapons?  I guess if you are a WoT fan, I would take Callandor.  I have 2 women I could trust to link with to stabilize me.  Mjolnir is a solid choice too, but I would more appreciate The Golden Fleece from Ancient Greek Mythology.  The ability to heal is a POWERFUL charm for obtaining loyalty from others.  Now, my favorite modern weapon, even though they have ALL been decommissioned from the military status (officially) is the SR-71 Blackbird.  Anyone that tells you it wasn't a weapon would be just plain wrong.  Yes, it was a spy plane, but knowledge is power and a weapon unto itself.  The only plane known to go Mach 3 (though recent developments in aerospace have created the first jet engine capable of maintaining Hypersonic speeds, 7.5 is what they hit recently) and it is stealthy as fuck.  Hell, the thing's flight ceiling is SUB-ORBITAL.  IIRC it's somewhere near 140,000 ft.  When you consider that the flight ceiling on the newest 787s is 60,000 and most military aircraft can't get to the cruising altitude of 80,000 it is NUTS.  Tell me that plane isn't Legendary.

Oh and as a WoW player, I would be remiss if I didn't include this in a discussion about Legendary weapons:  "Did someone say [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]?"

Last edited by Fenixreign (2016-05-29 02:44:44)

#16 2016-05-28 08:36:57

Barbarian3165
Completely Blotto

No need to apologize for anything, at least to me.

Music huh... Well, I listen to a variety.  I've got a fairly large playlist from CD's I've converted to FLAC format or MP3 format and I buy newer music from Amazon's MP3 store then burn my own copy for the pickup truck.

My music list is pretty long but the genre's include Country, Metal, Rock n Roll from the 60's onward, Southern Rock, Pop and some rap/hip hop (if I find the hip hop/rap song funny or a is a female performer).  I've been buying more music from female artists lately then male artists.  Anyway, I don't tie myself down to a single genre of music although I avoid most things before the big band era.

When I'm writing, I queue up my music player and let it go through a big play list of a few thousand songs and let it do a random mix from the play list.  On occasion I do lean towards a specific artist, but that is rare for me.  Usually when I write, its more about the imagery and story that's been dancing and evolving in my head over the last few days then the music.

Last edited by Barbarian3165 (2016-05-28 08:43:15)

• Index
  •  » General Chat
  •  » Resurrection has been cast, it is a critical success. Just chat

Board footer