The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-07-27 05:53:14

Black Rose
Evil Bar Wench

Happy Birthday, Eric Storm!

I hope you have a non-stressful birthday and that a bunch of people throw money your way, since your monthly goal is only like 1/2 completed. *wink wink nudge nudge to other people*

I could make this more colorful and find some smileys or something, but that's, like...work.  Instead, have this weird thing (at least I wrote it!) (Digging up some image banners probably would've been less work, let's be honest.)

The bride and the groom stood at the top of the steps with their hands poised over the latch that kept the pair of crows contained within.  Once lifted, how and where the crows flew would foretell the path their marriage would take: together forever or soon parted.  A moment of nervousness passed between the two, then fingers intertwined, the latch lifted, and the door opened.  The crows took flight together in the scorching summer sun, glided across the small cemetery, and perched on a wire just above the last grave stone before the road. 

The newlyweds looked at each other quizzically.  "Well, what do you think?" asked the bride. "Good luck or bad?  They flew off together, so that means so should we, but crows in grave yards are unlucky..."
"It could signify that we will be together until death," said her husband. "But let's just make our own luck."
With that, he gave his new wife a soft, reverent kiss...for luck.

Black Rose

"Being a writer is a very peculiar sort of a job: it's always you versus a blank sheet of paper (or a blank screen) and quite often the blank piece of paper wins." – Neil Gaiman

#2 2016-07-27 06:01:47

Jefferson
Completely Blotto

Re: Happy Birthday, Eric Storm!

Happy Birthday, Eric.

I am not NEARLY so refined as Black Rose. I'm Loud and Gaudy. To that end....

http://astacake.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/birthday-cake-lots-of-candles.jpg

I hope I picked out a cake with enough candles on it. We know you're getting older and all.

Happy Birthday, my friend, and hopes for many, many more. 3dsmile

Last edited by Jefferson (2016-07-27 06:02:43)

#3 2016-07-27 06:34:25

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Thanks for the blurb, Black Rose.

Jefferson... Isn't that a picture of your birthday cake from, like, 1995?  3dtongue

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#4 2016-07-27 11:35:51

Lacy69
Inebriated

Happy Birthday, Hope your day is filled with happiness and you share in your family and friends

#5 2016-07-27 17:43:39

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Now, see, Lacy, first you want my day filled with happiness...

Then you want to drag my family into it!  Which is it???!!!

3dsmile

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#6 2016-07-27 23:03:16

Lacy69
Inebriated

what ever you like,  happiness is even throwing cake in you friends and families face

3dangel

misch_smiley

#7 2016-07-28 00:02:53

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Why waste perfectly good cake?

Unless it's devil's food cake, I don't like that...

Not a big fan of angel food cake, either...

(I'm an Agnostic, you see...  LOL  - no, that's not really why I don't like those two cakes. )

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#8 2016-08-04 19:56:59

nightsecho
Wasted

I'm late but happy birthday hope your day was great

looking at you with wide eyes from the darkness

#9 2016-08-05 00:56:12

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Same shit, different year.

Thanks, anyway.
Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#10 2016-08-11 21:49:36

Wicked Storm
Completely Blotto

Happy belated, wasn't around on the day, so I do apologize for the late responce, but none the less happy birthday.

In the dark your lips taste like sweet nectar, and in the line they tease me endlessly.

Board footer