The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#376 2016-12-01 04:22:16

Fenixreign
Completely Blotto

Re: Writing Status

I am glad to hear she is home and doing better.

#377 2016-12-01 04:26:54

adultswim3
Inebriated

Glad to hear everything went well.

#378 2016-12-01 19:11:34

Archangel1962
Wasted

Glad to hear it.

BALLAD of The US Navy SEAL Teams
Im a lover, a fighter, I'm a UDT Navy SEAL diver. Last of the bare-knuckle fighters.
No muff too tough, I dive for five, tuck, suck, fuck, nibble and chew.I dine and interwine, masturbate, ejaculate and copulate.Been around the world twice, and talked to everyone once. Seen two white whales fuck, and been to two pigmy picnics.Met a man from Nantucket with a marble head and wooden cock, and ladies, if you dont like my face you can sit on it.

#379 2016-12-02 03:18:28

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for December 1, 2016:

The Woodward Academy, Year 6, Chapter 12: May has been posted to PRM.
The Woodward Academy, Year 6, Chapter 6: November has been made public.

This finishes the writing on book 6.  I will take a couple days to work out some planning details on book 7, but I have to start writing chapter 1 quickly, since I've only got 30 days.

All other work is pretty well on hold until I get at least a little ahead with WAY7.

Eric Storm

PS:  Yes, I really was very tempted to wait until 11:59pm tonight to post this.  The only reason I didn't is that I can't trust that the site will actually be operating at any particular time, and I didn't want to break my promise.

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#380 2016-12-10 07:50:56

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for December 10, 2016:

The Woodward Academy, Year 7, Chapter 1: June has been started.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#381 2016-12-13 04:50:12

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for December 12, 2016 (if I'm quick about posting...):

Not really a writing update.  Writing has been stymied by the usual holiday tasks, interspersed with some nasty toe pain.  Today I went and had the toenail on my right big toe permanently removed.  Bye-bye, ingrown toenail!  One down, one to go... probably next month, or later this month, for my left big toe...

I'll leave you to speculate on the concept of having a nail forcibly ripped from your body.  You may commence squirming and feeling decidedly ill... NOW. 

3dtongue

Just to add to your squirming:  You're in pain before they even start to remove the nail, because their first step in numbing your toe is to apply freon.  FUCK THAT IS SOME COLD SHIT!!!

WAY7-1 is progressing slowly.  I fear this chapter, as well, may not see the reviewers before going to PRM.  I will try to make faster progress, but... *shrugs*

Eric Storm

PS:  Made it with ten minutes to spare!  3dbig_smile

----
Facebook page

#382 2016-12-13 19:04:38

Freon22
Wasted

Didn't back in the middle ages they would rip off peoples toe and finger nails as a form of torture? Also I have has ingrown toenails before and that is also torture. So good to hear your torture will be short lived, ?? I wonder what freon they use, R-22, 12, 500, 502, 410A, 134A, ... lol

Take care
Freon22 LOL

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”

― Abraham Lincoln

#383 2016-12-13 20:57:57

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

They use the FUCKING COLD kind!  3dyikes

And yes, they did used to use that as a form of torture.  And my entire body cringes just thinking about it.

*shudders*
Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#384 2016-12-13 21:22:45

Crusader
Wasted

if you are still looking for crimes:
I would like to see another case where there are no clues and no where for David to go, perhaps a cold case murderer that pops up once every 1-2 years kills a few people, then disappears again.
He was annoyed with the rape that was unsolvable. I'd love to see how he handles a step up in the stakes, hell just the fact that it would be a case he would have worked for a while then had to hand over to a different Rimohr, because it was an ongoing case would probably annoy him.

#385 2016-12-13 21:32:33

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

As continued proof of my inability to leave questions without at least attempting to answer them:

The likely chemical being used is actually chloroethane, so it would be R-160.

(Yes, I had to research that.  Do I look like some guy with "freon" in my name?  LMAO)

And... in case anyone was wondering, yes, I DID enjoy the wasted fifteen minutes figuring that out!

3dtongue

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#386 2016-12-13 21:38:21

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Crusader:

Thanks for the idea.  Though I don't think it would work quite that way.  Unless "Investigator A" is still actively working the case when "Investigator B" starts working what turns out to be a follow-on crime, it is more likely that "Investigator A" would be required to turn over his notes to "Investigator B".  After all, "Investigator A" failed to find the criminal before: why expect that he'll have better luck this time?

But I understand your idea of frustrating David with something unsolvable... if only by him.

Eric Storm

And yes, if anyone still has ideas for crimes, I'm all for hearing them out.  Hell, even if I can't use them for David, I do have the Paladin storyline to work on, and I might be able to adapt things...  (Hmmm.  Funny, that.  Paladin's a federal agent.  David's a Rimohr... and a Royal Paladin.  I had not connected that before.  Weird.  *shrugs*)

----
Facebook page

#387 2016-12-15 13:02:37

Crusader
Wasted

I don't know how cold cases are handled in America, my guess would be that every jurisdiction decides how internality.

Rereading my post... I didn't really give you a case idea... So:

A non wizard invents a device that pulls energy from parallel worlds this is a clean energy for Earth but it's doing something horrible to the land near a national landmark.

#388 2016-12-15 18:04:39

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Thank you for the story idea, I'll keep it in mind.  I'm not sure that I like the idea of wizards having the power to break through dimensions like that, but perhaps the idea can be adapted to be usable.

As to case work:  It depends on whether the officer working the case stops working on it or not.  If they're still actively (if only every once in a while) pursuing leads, then any case that seems to be connected would go to them.  However, if the detective does, in fact, relegate the case to the "cold case files" (that is, it is no longer being pursued, it is essentially "closed as unsolved" (even though they do not close cases without solving them...)), then the new detective, with the active case, would pick up where the old detective left off.  The reasoning behind this is fairly simple:  If a case has gone to the cold case files, then:

1) that detective has a full case load already, because he's moved on to other cases, and
2) Because every conceivable lead will be pursued given the information available before a case "goes cold", it's the new case that will possibly provide the necessary clue to the perpetrator's identity/guilt.  As such, there wouldn't be a lot of point in changing investigators to the old detective.

This stuff wouldn't apply if they had, say, a serial killer who had been active for months or years, then went silent for a few years, and then started back up.  In that case, the old detective will have established a bit of an intuitive sense of the killer, which is valuable in evaluating the clues.  But in the kind of case you're talking about, where there's a crime only once every few years, there's not much of an ability to establish that intuition, and so no actual benefit to sticking with the same detective.

Also, an added wrinkle specific to Dugerra:  Rimohrs get transferred from office to office all the time, and there's no guarantee that the old detective would even be available anymore.

And, like all rules, this one is open to exceptions.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#389 2017-01-01 05:38:46

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for January 1, 2017:

3dsad

Do I really need to say more than that?  I have been unable to complete WAY7, Chapter 1, in time to post it today.  For the first time in 7 years, I have not met my posting obligation.  I apologize to anyone waiting anxiously for it.  I will get it finished and posted just as soon as I can, but this is going to be a few days from now, at least.

Well, so far, this year sucks...

3dsad

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#390 2017-01-01 05:48:28

IBSwimmin
Inebriated

Thank you for at least letting us know. I'd rather wait a few extra days for the best than not get it at all!

Thought: put the actual year out with just a note saying so - that way people won't comment asking where the next month is on year 6.

#391 2017-01-01 07:49:28

iskoaya
Inebriated

Eric Storm wrote:

3dsad

Do I really need to say more than that?  I have been unable to complete WAY7, Chapter 1, in time to post it today.  For the first time in 7 years, I have not met my posting obligation.  I apologize to anyone waiting anxiously for it.  I will get it finished and posted just as soon as I can, but this is going to be a few days from now, at least.

Well, so far, this year sucks...

3dsad

Eric Storm

quality over quantity IMHO
so what, you had to take some extra time?... over. the. holidays. to. write...
if anyone jumps on you for that, they are not human.

#392 2017-01-01 08:52:40

turshen
Inebriated

Eric Storm wrote:

3dsad

Here's hoping 2017 will improve for you. As iskoaya wrote, quality over quantity. We'll wait.

#393 2017-01-01 09:32:23

StoryJunkie
Wasted

NOOOO say it ain't so.....I've waited and waited.....oh wait...you just had surgery, and it's a holiday.....take your time, we will still be here when it gets posted, we may bitch (quietly and privately) but we will still be here....Happy New Year, here's to 2017 being better (takes another drink of Rum and Coke) 3dbig_smile

#394 2017-01-01 17:17:46

Archangel1962
Wasted

As others have already said take your time. You've had a busy month so its understandable and even if it wasn't people can still sit down shut up and be patient. Happy New Year.

BALLAD of The US Navy SEAL Teams
Im a lover, a fighter, I'm a UDT Navy SEAL diver. Last of the bare-knuckle fighters.
No muff too tough, I dive for five, tuck, suck, fuck, nibble and chew.I dine and interwine, masturbate, ejaculate and copulate.Been around the world twice, and talked to everyone once. Seen two white whales fuck, and been to two pigmy picnics.Met a man from Nantucket with a marble head and wooden cock, and ladies, if you dont like my face you can sit on it.

#395 2017-01-01 19:17:33

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Thanks for the support, everyone.  I still feel like I've let you down.  The holidays weren't so much the problem, but I was either not home, or in too much of a sleepless stupor, to write for about 7-8 days last month.  That was a huge chunk of writing time gone.

Hopefully it won't be another 7-8 days before I get the chapter posted.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#396 2017-01-01 20:55:11

zipybug14
Inebriated

Don't worry about it too much, focus on your health, both physical and mental, as well as doing your normal excellent work.  I know I speak with many others here when I say that I want to see your normal, amazing work, not your hurried frantic efforts.

Happy new year.

#397 2017-01-01 21:08:02

darthel0101
Completely Blotto

Thanks for the update and my apologies for the posting in the Year 6 comments. I tend to forget that the forum exists as a self-contained entity because of the access which is available through the profile and story main pages.

Here's to your well-being and well-feeling - hoping that the new year treats you well.

#398 2017-01-01 21:34:41

Timberwolf92
Inebriated

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope 2017 improves as time passes. Happy New Year.

#399 2017-01-02 06:05:16

JJ Richards
Inebriated

I am sure others would agree that health and family come first above all else...I would suggest that you postpone WA7 until Feb 1 and not feel rushed or upset about letting anyone down...that is just not possible.

Best of luck, health and happiness to you and yours in this new year,

JJ

#400 2017-01-02 06:51:12

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

[::: Public Service Announcement :::]

Neither Eric Storm, Keeshaba, nor The Mystic Wolf Pub are responsible for any lynchings, torture, maiming, or other harm that may come from anyone suggesting a delay in the posting schedule.  Such statements are made in the full knowledge of the risk one is taking.

3dsmile

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

Board footer