The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1726 2021-02-25 03:11:59

ChiefRock
Wasted

Re: Writing Status

Jefferson let us work this a touch for Eric.   "Rent a house" would Nicks apartment in the factory work? It is secluded few know of it he obviously has full control of it and easy access.

Access is restricted and he has room to park cars out of site.

A chef or food expert is one of his girlfriends (Pat) and possibly is aquainted to Mel if not could easily become so.

Only issue is I think Eric specified this needed to be a semipublic date and we are in his hometown where he and Mel could be easily recognized.

Eric what is more important? being local or semi public?

The big screen TV I do not know but he does have media access

Last edited by ChiefRock (2021-02-25 03:16:33)

My worst day at sea is better than my best day ashore
I found a home in the navy-but they land airplanes on my roof

#1727 2021-02-25 11:14:13

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I will forgive Jefferson, because I have first-hand knowledge that his memory sucks.  For there is something his scenario has completely forgotten.

This woman is married.

Mel has to have a plausible excuse for being out of the house for a few hours (and it can only be a few hours!).  That is the whole point of needing a public date in the first place.  If all I wanted was a place where they could go to be alone without being seen, yes, Nick's apartment is ready-made for that encounter.  He could arrive on his bike and stash it inside the building.  Her car could go in the garage when she arrives.  This is, in fact, how the date has always been intended to end up.

But Mel has to have an answer to her husband's question, which will be either, "Where are you going?" or "Where have you been?" (Depending on when he asks)  And, if you plan on making this sort of thing believable, it needs to be verifiable.  (Meaning she can't just make something up: she has to be seen doing what she said she was doing.)

At least we know you two have never cheated on your partners.  You'd have been caught on the first try!

3dtongue

Eric Storm

PS:  Jefferson.... just exactly who owes Nick favors?  He's not done anything to seriously help out anyone else...

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#1728 2021-02-26 20:21:14

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for February 26, 2021:

Agent of Change, Chapter 10, has been started.

Significant progress has been made on Misfits.

As of right now, I am actually ahead of my writing quota for the year.  That is a very unusual position to be in at this point in the year.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#1729 2021-03-01 18:43:18

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for March 1, 2021:

The Woodward Academy, Year 8, Chapter 11: April has been made public.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1730 2021-03-02 22:12:56

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for March 2, 2021:

Artifacts 2, Chapter 5, has been restarted.  I say restarted not because I had to rewrite some portion of it, but because I haven't worked on it in literally years, so it is more or less a "restart".

Misfits has reached a milestone in its writing.  A "significant event" in the story/game/whatever has been reached.  Misfits is over 40,000 words as of today.  (This isn't the significant event, just letting you know how much work has actually gone into it, as a way for you to gauge future announcements about it.)

No, I haven't stopped working on AC in favor of A2.  But AC has a big sex scene next, and Misfits just had a big sex scene, and I just finished a fairly important sex scene in AC yesterday, and so I kind of wanted a break.  I'll get back to AC either tomorrow or the next day.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1731 2021-03-02 22:22:02

Elessar
Completely Blotto

Great work as always, please rush, screw the spelling a bit. We beg.

#1732 2021-03-05 06:02:54

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for March 5, 2021:

Where the Brontosaurs Roam, Chapter 2 has been posted to PRM.

AC-10 is at 10k words.

Misfits is probably going to turn into a straight-up novel.  Having delved into the characters, I'm finding it difficult to process the notion of them behaving differently, which I would need to have them do to write a branching storyline.  I haven't made a decision yet.  I'm just letting you know what's going on.  I may force myself to continue the multi-path concept as an exercise in mental agility, but... I don't know.  That sounds frustrating, and life is frustrating enough...

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1733 2021-03-07 05:50:23

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for March 7, 2021:

Agent of Change, Chapter 10, is finished and with the reviewers.

I haven't worked on anything else since my last update.  I will (obviously) be working on either A2-5 or Misfits for a little while.  I'm not yet ready to start on WBR-3 (nor does anyone seem to be particularly eager for me to do so.)

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1734 2021-03-07 06:15:54

ChiefRock
Wasted

Eric Tim is a very interesting character while I admit Nicks adventures are more interesting your recent chapter with brontasaurs was extremely well done and kept my interest. That said I am glad you got past the bottleneck in AOC

#1735 2021-03-07 11:46:14

dude8
Inebriated

The only reason I didn't express interest when March 1 passed was because I was sure then you wouldn't post it 3dwink

WBR2 was great, shaping up to be a delightful serial/novel I think, only major flaw was not coming with all the other chapters 3dsmile

Keep up the good work!

P.S. Looking forward to all of the stuff you've got coming along...well, maybe a little unsure how to feel about misfits, but not so much that I wont try it out when you release something misfits related...if it's like all your other stories, I'm sure it'll end up being delightful.

#1736 2021-03-07 14:42:31

adultswim3
Inebriated

Maiasaurs is one of my favorites, and Brontosaurs is shaping up nicely.

#1737 2021-03-09 18:39:42

Hakhazar
Inebriated

I'm definitely eager for it to show up, I'm enjoying the story very much.

Eric Storm wrote:

Update for March 7, 2021:

Agent of Change, Chapter 10, is finished and with the reviewers.

I haven't worked on anything else since my last update.  I will (obviously) be working on either A2-5 or Misfits for a little while.  I'm not yet ready to start on WBR-3 (nor does anyone seem to be particularly eager for me to do so.)

Eric Storm

#1738 2021-03-20 07:21:56

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for March 20, 2021:

Artifacts 2: The Coin, Chapter 5 is finished.

It is not yet with the reviewers, because I'm going to go ahead and write the Epilogue before sending it off to the review team.  (Yes, the book is basically finished.)

Just as an aside, Misfits is up to nearly 60,000 words at this point.

I will be starting on either AC-11 or WBR-3 once I get the Epilogue for A2 finished.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1739 2021-03-20 23:01:35

ChiefRock
Wasted

Since AC 10 is done but not posted I assume you are waiting for the first?

#1740 2021-03-21 05:14:04

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

No, I'm waiting for me to not be busy with other stuff long enough for me to edit it.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1741 2021-03-21 21:44:36

Elessar
Completely Blotto

And here I was hoping to have reading material for the flight home. Oh well, I’ll find something or I’ll sleep.

Eric Storm wrote:

No, I'm waiting for me to not be busy with other stuff long enough for me to edit it.

Eric Storm

#1742 2021-03-21 22:55:28

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

If you're expecting sympathy because you were bored on the flight back... from your vacation... you're gonna have a looooooong wait.

Last time I had something that even simulated a vacation was 2017, and that was our evacuation for Hurricane Irma.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1743 2021-03-21 23:03:06

Elessar
Completely Blotto

Hey that vacation was stressful! I lost like $200 something on the tables... I mean that was the cost of dinner one night to but that’s not the point! I needed your soothing story to get me through the flight.

Eric Storm wrote:

If you're expecting sympathy because you were bored on the flight back... from your vacation... you're gonna have a looooooong wait.

Last time I had something that even simulated a vacation was 2017, and that was our evacuation for Hurricane Irma.

Eric Storm

#1744 2021-03-22 09:13:30

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Next time, send me the $200 instead, and you might get the story.

3dtongue

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1745 2021-03-23 13:26:12

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for March 23, 2021:

Artifacts 2: The Coin, Epilogue is now finished.  Both Chapter 5 and the Epilogue are with the reviewers.

This (obviously) completes Artifacts 2.

Misfits continues apace.  It now has over 60,000 words of content.

As of today, I have written for 30 consecutive days.  In those 30 days, I have written 69,000 words.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1746 2021-03-23 17:31:37

Elessar
Completely Blotto

Sounds like it’s been a great 30 days for you. While hind sight(no pun intended) tells me I should have given you the money... the desire to gamble was low enough I couldn’t get addicted.

#1747 2021-03-24 04:53:23

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

See?  If your desire to gamble was that low, then you didn't get much enjoyment out of it.  Reading my chapter would have been far more worthwhile...

3dtongue

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1748 2021-03-24 13:00:33

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for March 24, 2021:

Agent of Change, Chapter 11, has been started.

I have just cleared 100,000 words for the year.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1749 2021-03-24 21:51:18

Jefferson
Completely Blotto

Show Off!

#1750 2021-03-24 22:05:13

Timberwolf92
Inebriated

As I can’t find if you posted your 100,000 word mark last year:

Eric Storm wrote:

Update for June 29, 2020:

As of today, I have written over 200,000 words this year.

Eric Storm

I think you will pass this by the end of June.

Board footer