Pub Owner
Website

Another non-canon bit of Dugerraverse fluff

So, the muses aren't listening...

-----

"Agent Deline?  What seems to be the problem?"

"David, good.  This gentleman is Donald DeSilva, child molester."

"Prove it," DeSilva sneered.

"Okay... scum, but not my business," David told Deline.  He had already determined the man wasn't a wizard.  "Unless the child is within my jurisdiction?"

"No, she's not.  She's just an eight-year-old little girl that he's kidnapped, and won't tell us where she is."

"And you want me to..."

"Find out."

"You realize, anything I might learn from him is inadmissable?"

"We already have enough to convict him on.  Right now, we're worried about the child, who he insists is still alive.  If that's true, she won't be for very long, since we're keeping his ass locked up."

"And you're not... overly concerned... with how I get this information out of him?"

"I want to put him in front of a jury.  I need him in one piece."

"You want him in front of a jury, or you want him locked up permanently?"

"Same thing."

"Not... necessarily."

"I don't want him dead.  I want him off the streets."

"I can do that, no problem.  On one condition."

"Which is?"

"Assuming she is still alive, you let me retrieve the little girl."

"Agreed."

"And anyone who might try to stop me from doing so... you're not going to bitch over what happens to them."

Deline paused for a longer time and frowned.  Finally, he said, "Agreed."

"Okay, then."

"I ain't tellin' you shit, motherfucker.  And you can't touch me.  Police brutality flushes your case right down the shitter!"

"See, you've already made your second mistake," David said.

"Yeah?  What's that?"

"I'm not a cop," David told him.  "That camera is off, and Agent Deline will soon be leaving the room.  You will have absolutely no proof of anything that happens to you in here."

DeSilva frowned.

"You said his second mistake," Deline prompted.  "What was his first?"

"Doing something that caused him to meet me," David said, staring in DeSilva's eyes.  He was only using a portion of his undead glare, but it was enough to make DeSilva sweat.

David reached into a pocket and pulled out a strange-looking device.

"What the hell is that?" DeSilva snapped.

"This?  This is... a virtual reality device.  It is also an interrogation aid."

Deline whispered in David's ear, "What is that, really?"

"Magical remote control for technological gadgetry.  My friend Gwen invented it."

"If you'll step out now, Agent, Mr. DeSilva and I have to have a discussion."

David moved around the table toward DeSilva.

DeSilva leaned as far away as he could.  "You stay the fuck away from me!"

David reached over and slapped the remote control device to DeSilva's forehead.  At that same instant, David turned himself invisible.

"What the FUCK!" DeSilve screamed.  He tried to reach up and pull the device free of his forehead, but David had put a protection charm on it, and DeSilva couldn't touch it.  Not being a wizard, he couldn't operate it at all, so it was literally doing nothing.

He didn't know that.

David positioned himself so that his body was overlapping DeSilva's.  Once DeSilva stopped moving, David forced himself to solid form.  His physical body rebounded, but his mind now occupied Donald DeSilva.

DeSilva could sense that something had changed, but he had no idea what.  The room suddenly blackened.  He was surrounded by a light, but he couldn't see where it was coming from.  Suddenly, David appeared, five feet in front of him, wearing a long black coat with a hawk's emblem on the left breast, and sunglasses to hide his eyes.

"Now then, Mr. DeSilva, you're going to tell me where the child is.  What was her name?"

"You don't even know her name?" DeSilva sneered.

"She isn't yet my concern.  You are my concern.  Getting information out of you is my job.  Her name," David prompted again.

"Susanne."

"And you raped her."

"I'm not admitting shit!"

"None of this is admissable, Mr. DeSilva.  Say anything you like in here, it can't hurt you.  Only I can hurt you.  You also cannot lie to me.  That was not a question.  I know you raped her." 

Suddenly, in front of DeSilva floated an image of him on top of the little girl.  DeSilva realized it wasn't some generic cobbled-together image: it was the exact scene.  He was wearing the same shirt.  The little girl still had on her socks, which was his turn-on.  The furniture was right.  He had fucked her on the couch, not the bed, and that detail, as well, was correct.

"How the fuck..." DeSilva gasped.

"As I said, it is an interrogation device.  You cannot lie to me in here.  Anything I want to know, I will know.  In fact, I already do know.  You had better hope that your mother and sister choose not to resist when I go to get Susanne."

"Why is that?" DeSilva asked, trying to act tough.

"Because if they get in my way, I'm going to slit their throats and watch them bleed to death on the floor."

"That's murder!"

"No, that's justice.  They helped you kidnap and rape an eight-year-old girl.  You should be glad I'm giving them the opportunity to live through the day."

"So if you already know what you want to know, why are we still here?"

"I'm still finding out about your past crimes."

Suddenly, a slew of images marched past his vision.  Each and every little girl he'd kidnapped.  He had raped each one, and eventually he'd killed all of them.  The only reason Susanne was still alive was that he'd not gotten bored with her yet.

"Little sluts enjoyed it!" DeSilva shouted.

Suddenly the room grew significantly colder.  The darkness around him somehow seemed darker still.

Three images appeared in front of him, each of a girl, screaming in pain as DeSilva raped them.

"Do they look like they're enjoying themselves?" David asked coldly.  "Had you not killed them, every one of your victims would have required hospitalization."

"They were asking for it!  Parading around in those skimpy outfits!"

More images passed by, showing the clothes that each girl was wearing when she had been abducted.  In most cases, it was a T-shirt and jeans.  The rest were wearing perfectly normal skirts or dresses.

"You're the one who put the skimpy clothes on them, DeSilva.  They were all dressed to go outside and play."

"We played!" DeSilva sneered again.  "Yeah, we played some nice games!"

"Nice for you, perhaps."

"So what?  So I had some fun with some not-yet-a-ho's.  Like you said, you can't do shit to me!"

"I never said that," David replied coldly.  "I said that this information couldn't be used in court."

The world grew much colder, but the darkness brightened to a deep, blood red.  "I also said that the only thing in here that could hurt you... was me."

Suddenly, the imagery changed.  They were standing in a room.  The room seemed normal enough, but DeSilva could hear a quiet sound coming from all around him.  David waved his hand, and the baseboards of the room lifted up, admitting-

"SNAKES!  FUCKIN' SNAKES!  Get them the fuck away from me!" DeSilva screamed in terror.  Slithering in through the walls were all sorts of dangerous snakes, from rattlers to cobras, coral snakes to adders.  They started to circle, spiraling inward toward DeSilva, inching slowly closer and closer.

DeSilva was turning every which direction, trying to figure out how to get away from the snakes, but there wasn't even an exit door to the room.  He turned, and turned again, screaming in terror as the snakes grew closer and closer.

Finally, one snake was close enough, and it lunged at his face.  DeSilva screamed in bloody terror, throwing up his arms and falling to the floor as the snake-

But where was the snake?

DeSilva lowered his hands, and he no longer saw the room.  All he saw was a blood-red sky.  He began to relax.

"I wouldn't move around too much," David warned him.

DeSilva looked down and realized he was lying on a tiny piece of ground that dropped off steeply in every direction.  As he struggled to his feet, he could feel the heat coming up from beneath him.  He hesitantly peered over the edge, and saw a drop that seemed to go for miles.  And at the bottom... a pool of lava.

DeSilva jolted backward, away from the edge.  He had a terrible fear of heights, and dying from a fall into lava seemed like it would be excruciatingly painful.

Unfortunately for him, DeSilva tripped as he moved backward.  He stumbled a couple steps, and then fell to the ground...

But there wasn't quite enough ground left to hold him.  He had stumbled to the other edge, and he fell off.

DeSilva screamed again as he fell.  He ran out of breath, but took a deeper one, and screamed again.

"What's the problem, DeSilva?  We're having fun, aren't we?"

"This is not fun!" DeSilva screamed.

"Well, okay... I'm having fun," David said.  "And, to your way of thinking, as long as one side is having fun, everything's just fine, right?"

"Fuck you, asshole!" DeSilva screamed.

"Tut-tut.  Not nice to insult the only person who can keep you from landing in that magma that's coming up on you very fast, very very fast.  I imagine when you hit it, you'll make a very nice squishy noise.  I'm looking forward to it."

"You'll hit just as hard as me!" DeSilva tried.

David snorted.  "Do you really think that I have to play by the same rules as you, here?  This is my playground, and I make the rules.  In here, you do what I want."  David twirled his finger, and DeSilva, who had been facing upward, suddenly spun so he had to watch the ground coming up at him.

"No!  God fuck shit no!"

The ground was rushing up to meet him... coming... coming...

But DeSilva passed right through it, screaming at the top of his lungs at the point where he would have hit.  His body tumbled to the ground.

And then he heard the hissing noise again.

"You're not going to let them get me this time, either!" DeSilva proclaimed.  "That would end your little game!"

"You're absolutely right.  I'm never going to let you die this way.  What I am going to do... is make you forget that piece of information after each and every time you almost die.  For the rest of your life, here in your mind, you are going to run through scene after scene after scene of you facing your worst fears, and almost, but not quite, dying from them.  You're never going to know that this time won't kill you, either.

"And someday, at some point in your distant future... it just might."

David slipped out of the man's head, maneuvered free of his body, and reappeared, retrieving the rather pointless remote control from his forehead.

Agent Deline, who had never actually left the room, asked, "Why is he shaking?"

"Wouldn't you, if you were facing your worst fear in your head for the rest of your life?" David asked.

"Will he ever... wake up?"

"He's awake now.  He's simply not able to communicate out of sheer terror."

"Holy shit... where'd you come up with that?"

"I had a case once... woman lived for 500 years by killing other people and taking their life energy.  The judge sentenced her to live through an imaginary death once every four hours for nearly thirty years.  If it's good enough for a murderer, it's good enough for a child molester."

"So, is the girl alive?"

"Yes.  She's with his mother and sister."

"We have people watching them."

"Remember our agreement, Deline..."

Agent Deline just nodded.

-----

David approached the front door of the DeSilva home.  He didn't knock.  Instead, he ghosted himself, and then glamoured his appearance to something more deathly.  His clothing was all black, his face and hands were skeletal, and his eyes glowed a piercing red.  Having adorned that appearance, he walked through the door.

Lana Gallendo, DeSilva's sister, was sitting in the living room when David entered the house.  She turned and saw him.

"What the fuck?" she gasped.

"Kneel before me," David demanded, his voice a mix of raspiness and growl, with some reverb thrown in for good measure.

"I ain't kneelin' for nobody!" Lana snapped.

David lanced a bolt of electricity out of his finger.  It sizzled within an inch of her face.

"KNEEL!" David demanded again.

"Fuck you!" Lana replied.

The next bolt of electricity vaporized her heart.  Her body crumpled to the floor, dead.

"What the fuck is going on out... what the... Mother of God!"

"Kneel before me!" David demanded again.

DeSilva's mother was shaking badly.  She quickly dropped to her knees.

"Please!  Please don't kill me!"

"Where is the girl?" David/Death demanded.

"In the back bedroom!  She's asleep right now!"

"Atonement must be made," David said, in his "Death voice".

"No!  Please!  I was only protecting my son!"

"And who protected the little girl?" David demanded.

The mother was shaking in terror, tears streaming down her face.  "You don't understand!  He would have killed me just as easily as them!"

David moved across the room and stood over her, glaring down into her terrified face.

"So your life was more valuable than that of twenty-three young girls?" David asked solicitously.

Mrs. DeSilva opened her mouth to speak, but no words came out.  She crumped to the floor, passed out from fright.

David harrumphed, and ended his illusion.

"You can spend your time in jail, bitch.  I hope you meet up with some weightlifting lesbian who thinks ramming her fist up your ass is an entertaining evening."

David moved to the back bedroom, where he saw the little girl lying, tied to the bed so that she couldn't get away.  A quick spell took care of that problem.

David rubbed the little girl's cheek and brushed her hair out of her face, then lightly shook her shoulder.

"C'mon, Susanne.  Time to wake up."

The little girl's eyes flew open, and stared in terror at David's face.

"It's okay.  I'm not gonna hurt you.  I'm here to take you back to your mom."

"The bad man is coming back.  He-"

"Shh.  The bad man has been arrested by the police.  He's not going to hurt you anymore."

With that, Susanne started to cry.  David slipped his arms under her and picked her up, holding her tight to his chest.  Susanne instinctively wrapped her arms around his neck, and he carried her out that way to the waiting ambulance, which held her anxious mother.

David laid Susanne down on the gurney, and they quickly loaded it into the ambulance and took off.

David turned to find Deline waiting.

"What's waiting in the house?"

"A bitch and a body.  One needs to go to jail.  The other needs to be cremated.  I'll let you pick which is which."

Deline snorted.  "Thanks, David."

-----

The muses still seem to be on vacation.  I hope this is at least momentarily entertaining for you.  Hopefully I'll be able to write something "real", soon.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#2 2021-09-27 03:35:20

Timberwolf92
Inebriated

Re: Another non-canon bit of Dugerraverse fluff

Oh my word. That was epic.

#3 2021-09-27 13:34:58

Hawkeye273
Tipsy

That was great, if that is what you write when the muses aren't with you. Just wow

#4 2021-09-28 18:49:03

thehilz
Completely Blotto

Hope your muses help you in the stories you wish to write soon. Until then I will continue then enjoy these little snippets of David’s potential future. Even if it is all in a dream.

#5 2021-10-06 18:45:39

darthel0101
Completely Blotto

I've really enjoyed these non-canon additions to David's story.
Although I hope your inspiration resumes soon for the other stories you're working on, I will not complain if we end up with more of these.

#6 2021-10-06 19:21:44

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I can warn you now that there's still one more kicking around in my head...

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#7 2021-10-13 19:11:41

Elessar
Completely Blotto

Do these have any official time frame after the end of the books?

#8 2021-10-13 21:07:35

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

They don't have any official anything.  That's what "non-canon" means.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#9 2021-10-17 06:52:57

Elessar
Completely Blotto

Sorry, guess bad choice of words. I’m asking when these would take place. 50 years after? 300 years after? Would help us understand the severity of David’s actions.

#10 2021-10-17 08:27:41

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Special Agent Deline appears in WAY6.  Does that narrow the timeline down sufficiently for you, or do you need more than that?

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#11 2021-10-17 09:37:00

bigfoot
Wasted

I rather enjoyed this. Thank you!!

#12 2021-10-20 10:55:04

Neptune:lord of the sea
Inebriated

Wow🤩🤩🤩🤩 Just found this and I really loved it.. Hope your muses help you in the other stories. Eagerly waiting for what you put out next.

Every coin has two sides

#13 2021-10-27 16:10:36

HendrixMorton
Inebriated

Anything we get from you about David I count as extra bonus material, and love every word of it...

Thank you!

#14 2021-10-28 02:09:18

Elessar
Completely Blotto

Yes it does. Thank you my good sir.

Eric Storm wrote:

Special Agent Deline appears in WAY6.  Does that narrow the timeline down sufficiently for you, or do you need more than that?

Eric Storm

Board footer