The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-07-04 02:44:38

Bridget
Barmaid
Website

General Comments

Post General Comments to the Contributor Here.

Please read The Mystic Wolf Pub Critiquing Guide.

SITE CONTENT POLICY:  The administrator of this site will not reject, remove, or censor any story posted to this site based on the story's content.  No story shall be removed except for purely technical reasons (which will be worked out with the author so that the story can be reposted as quickly as possible), or due to a direct order from the site's hosting provider, a law-enforcement entity, or the story's owner.

#2 2022-07-04 06:32:15

peace2300
Inebriated

Re: General Comments

EDIT: much apologies about that last night, my mind was not in the right place. Again I'm sorry

Last edited by peace2300 (2022-07-04 23:06:25)

#3 2022-07-04 06:59:26

Limnophile
Inebriated

As I understand it, PRM basically just delays a story being available to non-PRM readers for several weeks, and only PRM members can read it until then. Correct? Or did I mis-read the FAQ?
-
As for skill / experience level; I don't claim to be a professional or great writer, but I have over 50 stories with above average scores on other sites.
-
I hope you enjoy my work. If not, please tell me what's wrong so I can improve.

#4 2022-07-04 09:23:15

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Um... peace2300:

Just because someone is new here, it doesn't mean they're inexperienced as an author.  Also, it should be reiterated, in case it isn't clear, that, while it is his story in PRM, access to PRM is granted by me, usually as a thank you for a donation that you make to me.

An author putting one of their stories into PRM isn't necessarily them saying, "Hey, my story is worth you paying for it."  After all, if you don't want to pay for it, you just wait until it clears PRM.  It's really just a way for them to make a donation without it costing them any money, by giving others an incentive to make a donation when they otherwise wouldn't.

Authors who put work into PRM are foregoing a portion of their feedback for a time, and, as an author myself, I know what that costs, psychologically.  As such, I'm grateful to any author that puts material into PRM for me.  After all, they get literally nothing out of it.

So, to Limnophile, and all the other PRM authors, I say thank you.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#5 2022-07-04 23:42:27

Limnophile
Inebriated

peace2300 wrote:

EDIT: much apologies about that last night, my mind was not in the right place. Again I'm sorry

No worries, Peace2300. Everybody has a bad day once in a while. I was trying help out the webmaster a little, nothing negative. Take care, and keep reading.

Limnophile

Board footer