The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#2051 2022-08-03 17:25:27

Elessar
Completely Blotto

Re: Writing Status

There is no such thing as quietly drinking.

dustbunny wrote:

What if we're sitting in the corner quietly getting shit-faced while giggling at everybody else? 🤔

#2052 2022-08-03 18:21:08

thehilz
Completely Blotto

“Needs AA† 3dlol  3dlol  3dlol

#2053 2022-08-03 18:29:18

Elessar
Completely Blotto

I need AA bad… assisted alcoholism…

thehilz wrote:

“Needs AA�  3dlol  3dlol  3dlol

#2054 2022-08-04 10:12:45

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Elessar wrote:

There is no such thing as quietly drinking.

dustbunny wrote:

What if we're sitting in the corner quietly getting shit-faced while giggling at everybody else? 🤔

Um...

Alcohol is a depressant.  There are a great many "quiet drunks".

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#2055 2022-08-04 10:14:18

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Jefferson wrote:

*whistles and looks around wondering who Eric is talking about*

Yeah, I notice YOU knew who I was talking about...

3dtongue

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#2056 2022-08-06 04:40:24

Crusader
Wasted

Eric Storm wrote:

You are the #7 most talkative forum member.  Having said that:

#2 is Bridget.
#3 hasn't posted in 2 1/2 years.
#4 is dead.
#'s 5 & 6 are authors.  Well... #5 says he's an author, but he hasn't finished anything in like a decade, so... 

So... yeah, kinda puts your position in a little more perspective.

...what?  #1?  That's some asshole named "Eric Storm".  Not sure who he is, but he REALLY can't shut up...

3dangel

Eric Storm

Interesting

#2057 2022-08-20 06:19:30

Elessar
Completely Blotto

So how goes the writing my good sir?

#2058 2022-08-20 20:23:13

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Elessar wrote:

So how goes the writing my good sir?

Look back on this thread.

You see any mention of writing?

That's how it's going.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#2059 2022-08-23 01:13:24

Elessar
Completely Blotto

I figured but thought maybe you were closing in on a milestone that you weren’t ready to share yet and maybe, just maybe, I would entice you into announcing it.

#2060 2022-08-23 03:52:27

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Um...  If I wasn't ready to share it, why would you asking, suddenly entice me to do so?

I share updates with you as soon as they're relevant.  Very, very rarely have I ever withheld information about where I'm at in my writing.  In fact, I can't actually think of a time I've done so.

Am I writing?  Here and there.  Is anything ready, or close to ready, for posting?  Obviously not.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#2061 2022-08-29 11:14:11

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for August 29, 2022:

As of today, Agent of Change has exceeded 300,000 words in length.

No, the next chapter isn't finished yet.  But it's close.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#2062 2022-09-01 02:57:04

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for August 31, 2022:

Agent of Change, Chapter 18, has been finished, and is with the reviewers.

Eric Storm

PS:  NO, it will obviously NOT be posted on September 1st.  3droll

----
Facebook page

#2063 2022-09-01 17:59:50

thehilz
Completely Blotto

Ah shucks. Lol. Will be eagerly waiting for it.

#2064 2022-09-04 18:46:21

sinsfire
Inebriated

Congrats on writing again. Looking forward to the next chapter when it's ready.

#2065 2022-09-05 00:03:12

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

sinsfire wrote:

Congrats on writing again. Looking forward to the next chapter when it's ready.

I would not classify what I'm doing lately as "writing again".  Every once in a while, I manage to put some words down.  The days that happens are rarely consecutive.

But thank you, for being happy at the thought of me writing on this story again.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#2066 2022-09-07 03:59:38

Elessar
Completely Blotto

I know it has been several months, what’s the stick with Where the Brontosaurus Roam? I mean anything besides not writing. Stuck on anything specific or just not feeling the muse with it right now?

#2067 2022-09-07 10:08:20

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Elessar wrote:

I know it has been several months, what’s the stick with Where the Brontosaurus Roam? I mean anything besides not writing. Stuck on anything specific or just not feeling the muse with it right now?

I don't clearly have the plot defined, and I've also not had the impetus to clearly define the plot.  Also, the almost complete lack of interest in the story from the readership has "encouraged" me to work on other things.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#2068 2022-09-07 11:07:16

thehilz
Completely Blotto

Crap that’s the story I’m most interested in reading more of with AoC right behind it.

#2069 2022-09-07 17:48:46

Hakhazar
Inebriated

I'm *definitely* interested in WtBR. WtMR is the story that originally caught my interest here, and I've been waiting with bated breath (but quietly, no nudging) for more in that world.

#2070 2022-09-07 18:26:14

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Hakhazar wrote:

(but quietly, no nudging) for more in that world.

Well, therein is the problem.  Your version of "no nudging" essentially resulted in "no interest expressed".  I understand, and appreciate, the idea that you don't want to do the whole, "When's the next chapter coming out?  GIMME GIMME GIMME!" thing.  On the flip side of that, if no one says anything about a story, I have no way to gauge the actual level of interest, and I just naturally assume there isn't any.  Sad as it is for me, I'm not telepathic (wish I was: it would make social anxiety much easier to deal with...), therefore, if you don't express your thoughts, I won't know your thoughts.

Good ways to express your interest are presenting ideas for things you'd like to see in the story, or telling me what you particularly liked in what's already written.  That gives me an idea of what to include more of in the future.  Also, asking about the story, if no one has done so in weeks/months, is fine.  Us authors just don't want to hear it every other day.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#2071 2022-09-07 21:32:54

Elessar
Completely Blotto

I typically 9/9 times have bad wording about my opinions of how stories go. I’m either an asshole and my thought comes out backwards from what I intended, or I ramble so much I lose track of my own thought and can’t get it out there yet.

I’ll reread the entire WtMR and WtBR and see what I can see. I am sure there was some stuff from the first story that could help with the second one.

#2072 2022-09-07 22:06:02

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Elessar wrote:

I’m either an asshole...

... *biting tongue really hard* ...  No comment...  3dangel

...or I ramble so much I lose track of my own thought and can’t get it out there yet.

Read, re-read, and re-write.  I regularly edit my longer forum posts several times before they get submitted.  Or make yourself a bullet list, getting the important points down first, then go back and fill in with explanation.

I’ll reread the entire WtMR and WtBR and see what I can see. I am sure there was some stuff from the first story that could help with the second one.

While I'm hardly going to discourage you from rereading one of my stories, it is unlikely that WMR is going to help with WBR.  None of the dinosaurs are the same, and the only person from the original story that's in the current story is Tim.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#2073 2022-09-07 23:03:58

Elessar
Completely Blotto

Yeah, the things I should do.

While the dinosaurs aren’t the same. There wasn’t an exact location mentioned that I can recall. Maybe they arrived in a different time but close to where they arrived last time.

I’ll have to reread because I don’t remember if traveling into the past creates a different timeline for that experience or not. Or could they put a message in a bottle and say hey, you fucked up.

#2074 2022-09-08 00:28:23

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Elessar wrote:

Yeah, the things I should do.

While the dinosaurs aren’t the same. There wasn’t an exact location mentioned that I can recall. Maybe they arrived in a different time but close to where they arrived last time.

I’ll have to reread because I don’t remember if traveling into the past creates a different timeline for that experience or not. Or could they put a message in a bottle and say hey, you fucked up.

Do you realize how much the planet's surface changes in 80 million years?  Their last trip went back to 70mya, the Late Cretaceous.  This mission went back 150mya, to the Late Jurassic.  Even if it was the "same Earth" (it's not), there's no way you'd realize you were in the same place, even if you were standing right on top of it.

Here's a website that will let you see (one interpretation - there does not seem to be consensus) what the map of the globe looked like over time: Prehistoric Earth Globes.

But, in the case of the "TripperVerse" (?), "time travel" is actually interdimensional travel with a time component.  The team is not on "Earth Prime" (defined as "the Earth you started your time trip on").  Nor are they on "Earth Book 1 Delta" (defined as "the Earth that the first team wound up on"). They are on "Earth Book 2 Delta".  This has been mentioned in the books already.

Eric Storm

PS:  Why "Delta"?  Delta is the letter used to denote a change in something.  For instance, "Delta-v" is a change in velocity.  (Yes, you nerds, I know I should use the Greek letter.  I'm not digging out the character map for THAT.)

----
Facebook page

#2075 2022-09-08 13:55:45

thehilz
Completely Blotto

I just reread both WMR and WBR this weekend lol. Currently in chapter 12 of AoC doing a reread before the next chapter.

Board footer