You are not logged in.

#826 2022-08-08 03:26:17

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Woodward Academy, Year 8, The

bigfoot wrote:

Eric -

Follow up question from the 8th book. At one point, the King told David that he was keeping him away from some of the things the military wanted him to do in order to keep his sanity. He also mentioned that the he (the King) didn't know if the Vrudans had demighosts and didn't want to give them any ideas in case they do. Now that the story is over, it begs the question are there Vrudan demighosts? I always thought no since demighosts cannot morph and that is a big part of being a were but I'm sure you have the definitive answer.

I wouldn't know, because I don't know anything about Vrudans.

Oh, did you mean Vrudenans?  You read about the damned place for over three hundred thousand words, seems like you'd remember how it's spelled...

3dtongue

There could be a Vrudenan demighost.  They would not be able to change shape, so they would be stuck in whatever form they were in when they died.  If they were a werewolf, stuck in human form, this would seriously suck once a month, on the full moon, when they are tortured throughout the night as their body longs to turn, but can't.  They would definitely be spending the night as a ghost.

Are there Vrudenan demighosts?  *shrugs*  I don't know, I haven't written that story yet. misch_smiley

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#827 2022-08-30 17:37:56

Mikenc67
Inebriated

Eric,
I have read through ALL of WOODWARD ACADEMY series. VERY compelling reading, that got me hooked. I actually started crying while reading about the Memorial service, the Awards ceremony and Lord Woodward's discorporation ceremony. Great writing.
Thank you.

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#828 2022-08-30 18:39:52

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Glad you enjoyed the series.

Thanks for the feedback.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#829 2022-09-12 16:20:53

Johnnycat69
Tipsy

Eric I luv the entire series of Woodward Academy u r brilliant author and i also enjoyed many of ur other stories

(posted from Chapter 15: May - Zyla)

#830 2022-09-12 20:28:50

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Glad to hear it.  I hope you enjoy all my future work, as well.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#831 2023-02-10 21:06:30

drestnar
Inebriated

I love this story. This is my 5th time reading it now and damn if I couldn't do another 8 books. Hope your muses can assist my addiction for this world you've created.

#832 2023-02-11 01:30:13

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Erm... Glad you enjoyed the series...

Don't think I have another 8 books worth of plots in me... at least not about this set of characters.  But the Dugerraverse will definitely be back in some form.  I already have two book outlines for different Dugerraverse novels.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#833 2023-03-12 15:57:36

Dadrepus
Inebriated

Chapter 13 is devastatingly sad. Had me in tears several times.

(posted from Chapter 13: May - Feral Moon)

Always willing to help. May not be good at it ;-)

#834 2023-03-12 23:51:20

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Normally I would say that I'm glad you enjoyed the story, but... not sure if that's appropriate...  3dsmile

So...  I'm glad you connected with the story...

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#835 2023-03-13 01:55:32

Dadrepus
Inebriated

Maybe I should have added more in my comments so here goes.
Loved all 8 books in the Woodward Academy Series. Slow start but soon had me hooked by the end of book 1.
Loved the humor in the naming of some characters..."Eisenpatton"...these gave me a good chuckle.
These books also made my cry in portions. Death of characters you grow fond of is always hard.
I hope you continue to write.

Always willing to help. May not be good at it ;-)

#836 2023-03-14 02:12:37

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Well, I'm glad you liked it as a whole, then.

As to the slow start, I kind of felt like he shouldn't be tasked with taking down major bad guys before he even had any real training.

(Not saying that some other, much more famous, books-long book series about wizards in training did that, or anything...  3dangel )

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#837 2023-10-01 22:45:08

drestnar
Inebriated

I love this series. Well done yet again.

#838 2023-10-02 00:16:56

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Glad you enjoyed it.  Thanks for the feedback.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

Board footer