The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#476 2017-03-09 04:36:05

ChiefRock
Wasted

Re: Writing Status

Some of the comments made here has made me think about what I had said about bringing problems to a superior, in this case you eric.  Problem your time and creative talent are valuable, too valuable for details like management or administrative details, on the other hand as Skipper you are responsible for everything and need to guide policy and direction.  I see two possible suggestions, you need clearly established goals I believe from your logic chains in your writing you have those.  But your main character David has a flaw in that he will or has problems delegating, is this also a problem you have? To me the obvious solution is you need help in some of these management details. You have a support base in your closer helpers you have alluded to. Could they help with some reorganization? If this is not helpful I apologise.

My worst day at sea is better than my best day ashore
I found a home in the navy-but they land airplanes on my roof

#477 2017-03-09 09:11:43

StoryJunkie
Wasted

Eric Storm wrote:

Update for March 8, 2017:

The Woodward Academy, Year 7, Chapter 3 is finished.  It is with Keeshaba now.  When she has finished with it, I will let the reviewers have it.  I will not wait for their reviews, however.  I will proofread and post the chapter tomorrow afternoon/evening.

Eric Storm

Good Gravy, it's about dang time.....

just kidding 3dtongue

#478 2017-03-09 11:53:02

Crusader
Wasted

Eric Storm wrote:

CreateSpace (Amazon's epublishing arm) has strict content restrictions which I cannot meet.  (Or at least they did the last time I looked.)  Same thing with Lulu and others.

Eric Storm

I was always under the impression that create space was optional and you could upload directly as fully published.

A few years ago I used camp as a test to create a .Mobi format (one of the Kindle formats) I'll see if I can find it, and how I did the conversion.

#479 2017-03-09 19:30:04

Maxathron
Tipsy

Crusader wrote:

Eric Storm wrote:

CreateSpace (Amazon's epublishing arm) has strict content restrictions which I cannot meet.  (Or at least they did the last time I looked.)  Same thing with Lulu and others.

Eric Storm

I was always under the impression that create space was optional and you could upload directly as fully published.

A few years ago I used camp as a test to create a .Mobi format (one of the Kindle formats) I'll see if I can find it, and how I did the conversion.

From what I got off one of their community managers, anything beyond minor petting is off limits.  As Eric's books have full blown sex scenes, they will outright refuse to publish his books.

If the material cannot be legally viewed by early teens, then they don't allow it.

Same goes for Lulu.

#480 2017-03-09 23:31:56

Crusader
Wasted

https://www.amazon.com/XXX-Stories-Gran … op?ie=UTF8

now i haven't bought it to check... and given the comments, I'm not likely to; but:
I have bought all of the Anita Blake Books;
They all have sex in them.

#481 2017-03-10 00:49:20

Crusader
Wasted

script and an example emailed.

Where someone would take it from there I don't know; I just remember the program not being the easiest to use. i'm not even sure if uploading the files as .mobi is the correct thing to do.

#482 2017-03-10 02:23:55

darthel0101
Completely Blotto

another example - Sean M Campbell.
BDSM - Saving Mouse, Mouse Rising, The Kinky Path
Anything Goes - The Return Vol I, II, & III
CAVEAT - all but Mouse Rising were published by, apparently defunct publishing house Abbey Adams.

#483 2017-03-10 03:54:08

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Um... hint, guys:  Those books were not published by Amazon or CreateSpace.  The publishers of those books have vastly different content restrictions.  Amazon doesn't have content restriction on what it SELLS... hell, you can buy Debbie Does Dallas and Urotsukidoji on Amazon.  But there are completely different rules for what they will publish.

As to the linked book... I'd like to point out that it is an ebook ONLY, and the point of this is to get to hard copy.  If you want an ebook, you can just come HERE and get it free.

Now, the real reason I came here was to point out that, because of StoryJunkie's rude comment, I'm going to put off posting this for a few days...

"just kidding!" 3dtongue 

Seriously, I'm in the process of proofreading the chapter, and I'll get it posted as soon as I'm done.  But I'm fighting illness at the moment, which is slowing me down considerably.  (Running back and forth to the bathroom eats up time.  Once again I wish I had my computer installed in there...)

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#484 2017-03-10 05:43:52

Elessar
Completely Blotto

Health first big man, unless your David then it doesn't matter. Or unless you have a laptop. But sounds like you don't. Im almost off work so hope I have a good story to read before bed time!

#485 2017-03-10 06:03:32

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for March 10, 2017:

The Woodward Academy, Year 6, Chapter 9: February has been made public.
The Woodward Academy, Year 7, Chapter 3: August has been posted to PRM.

I wasn't able to start on WAY7-4 today.  I was able to plan it out yesterday evening, so I anticipate being able to start on it tomorrow.

Eric Storm

PS:  It hasn't happened yet, but I will be giving everyone who "missed" this chapter the necessary 2-week extension of their special access so they can read it.

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#486 2017-03-11 07:07:39

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for March 11, 2017:

The Woodward Academy, Year 7, Chapter 4: September has been started.

Eric Storm

PS:  Everyone who had special access that expired between the start of the month and... say... NOW, has been given special access through March 21.  This should give them all plenty of time to come get the chapter.

----
Facebook page

#487 2017-03-11 07:25:50

neolyn
Wasted

Eric Storm wrote:

Update for March 11, 2017:

The Woodward Academy, Year 7, Chapter 4: September has been started.

Eric Storm

PS:  Everyone who had special access that expired between the start of the month and... say... NOW, has been given special access through March 21.  This should give them all plenty of time to come get the chapter.

Nice ! Thank you Eric ! Too bad I had 20 hours left , but glad too know that others have it : ')

#488 2017-03-15 02:34:41

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT FOR MARCH 14, 2017:

Okay, folks.  After recommendations from a couple different folks, and some serious soul-searching, I have come to a decision that may make some people very unhappy.

There will be no posting for The Woodward Academy, Year 7, until at least May 1, 2017.

I say "at least" to cover my ass.  I anticipate posting on May 1st, but if things go badly, I may have to delay even more than that.

The reason for this hiatus should be obvious:  I've been playing catch-up all year, and I've been stressing out trying to get the chapters out on time... and still not managing to do so.  By taking a month out of the posting schedule, I'm hoping to be able to get a bit ahead of things, so that I can relax some, write the story I want to write, and still put it out when it is expected to be out.

A few points:
- Tomorrow, I will post Chapter 1 of a story called Agent of Change.  I have five chapters of this story written already.  This will at least give you something to look at while waiting for WAY7-4.  I will post the second chapter of AoC on April 15 (tax day!  Yay!).  I will go ahead and continue posting this story until I'm out of chapters, regardless of when I return to posting WAY7.

- Should I ever get to the point where I am significantly ahead in the writing of WAY7 ("significantly" means 3 or 4 chapters), I will post a mid-month chapter and return to the original schedule.

- If I should find it necessary to delay even beyond May 1, or if I should need to impose a second delay at a later date, I will make sure to announce that well in advance.

- For those of you who have special access:  If you feel slighted or cheated by this delay, and you're upset that you're basically losing a month of access, please email me.  We will take care of the issue.

- No, this is not an early April Fool's joke.

I do apologize to everyone for not keeping my promise on this whole posting schedule thing.  It has simply become impossible, and the stress is making it harder to write the story, which only makes the problem worse.

Regards,
Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#489 2017-03-15 16:05:46

ChiefRock
Wasted

That was good advice Eric and I am glad you took it.  Sometimes life just gets in the way and we have to deal with it.

My worst day at sea is better than my best day ashore
I found a home in the navy-but they land airplanes on my roof

#490 2017-03-15 18:19:36

Archangel1962
Wasted

I personally am fine with you taking time off from posting year 7. In my opinion you shouldn't have to rush. Just take your time and post whenever YOU feel comfortable doing so.

BALLAD of The US Navy SEAL Teams
Im a lover, a fighter, I'm a UDT Navy SEAL diver. Last of the bare-knuckle fighters.
No muff too tough, I dive for five, tuck, suck, fuck, nibble and chew.I dine and interwine, masturbate, ejaculate and copulate.Been around the world twice, and talked to everyone once. Seen two white whales fuck, and been to two pigmy picnics.Met a man from Nantucket with a marble head and wooden cock, and ladies, if you dont like my face you can sit on it.

#491 2017-03-15 20:58:56

Crusader
Wasted

ChiefRock wrote:

That was good advice Eric and I am glad you took it.

I was going to post something very similar... now i do not have to.

#492 2017-03-15 22:14:05

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for March 15, 2017:

Agent of Change, Chapter 1 has been posted to PRM.  I know it's not Woodward, but perhaps it'll keep you interested until Woodward is back.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#493 2017-03-16 16:59:52

Desgi
Inebriated

Taking time off to get a bit of a breather eh?

Good on yer, mate. Chillax, and don't fret about it, post again when you feel ready to do so and not one minute before.

While it is quite the blow. I believe the rest of us will in fact, with a great deal of effort, pull through. 3dwink

#494 2017-03-26 05:50:30

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for March 26, 2017:

No milestones to report, just wanted to let everyone know how things were progressing.  WAY7-4 is now nearly 7,000 words.  It's been slow going.  I can only hope the pace picks up soon.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#495 2017-03-31 14:00:29

StoryJunkie
Wasted

I came here today too see if anything was going on with the April post, but I see that it has been moved to May....DAMMIT.....lol oh well, I guess I will (once again) go back and re-read the story.....Don't let people that want to complain bother you Eric, a lot of us (like me) will joke about complaining, but it's usually all in fun and we understand and support your decisions no matter how much we want the newest chapter. Take care of yourself and we will be here waiting when it does post....oh, and good start on the new story.

#496 2017-04-01 06:43:33

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for April 1, 2017:

No, there will be no story post today.

No, this is NOT an April Fool's joke.

WAY7-4 will be posted on May 1st.

As of right now, WAY7-4 is 9700 words long, and somewhere around half finished.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#497 2017-04-01 09:27:57

muayyid
Tipsy

I'm wondering does it also apply to WAY6 ?

#498 2017-04-01 19:41:20

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I do not post one without posting the other.

It would be highly unfair to delay those who have PRM access without delaying those who don't.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#499 2017-04-02 02:36:04

JJ Richards
Inebriated

Eric,

I am very proud of you for "taking time". I admit that I came in tonight because I wanted to read what came next, but I do not feel slighted in the least....in fact, I am very happy not to stay up so late reading 3dwink...my wife has other plans 3dwink

PLEASE, take care of yourself and/or family....write when YOU want to....not because others want you to do so! I am more than willing to wait till May...June...or even December....whatever it takes! Maybe I will see what AoC is all about...

Take care & best wishes,
JJ

#500 2017-04-02 04:40:21

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I appreciate your sentiments.

Maybe I should make it clear:  The stress I feel isn't so much because you guys don't have a chapter to read, but because I made a promise that I was unable to keep.  It's just that the promise in question was about posting stories.

If it were as simple as desire to write, book 8 would have been finished years ago.  I almost always want to write.  Sometimes I just can't, thanks to stress, illness, or just having too much other stuff to do.  And all of that bugs me, too.  Writing is probably my favorite activity.  When I'm unable to do it, that alone stresses me.  Writing for me is like petting a cat: it relaxes me.  It is often the only thing that gets me out of bed in the morning, thinking about what's coming next in whichever story I'm working on.

So, while I appreciate the dispensation from you, and others, I don't WANT to "take all the time I need" to get these chapters written.  I WANT to write them like mad... but right now, I just can't.  That's where the stress really comes in.

Thanks anyway,
Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

Board footer