The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#676 2017-10-02 01:39:37

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Writing Status

Benadryl didn't even touch it.  I took some during the trip, and it made no difference whatsoever in my misery.

And it would seem odd that I would show an allergy to animals I live with, just because we were stuck in close quarters.  And if that were the case, why didn't I have any reaction to them when we were all stuck in one medium-sized room at Keeshaba's parents' house?  Not saying it isn't an allergy, just that it seems to defy logic if it is.

I had the same problem (only worse) when we traveled up there.  It passed in a couple days.  Though one data point is a lousy basis for analysis, it implies I should start feeling better tomorrow or so.  I can only hope so, as I can't enjoy being back in my own home when I feel this lousy.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#677 2017-10-02 05:57:24

Barbarian3165
Completely Blotto

Could just be some mental stress caused by 8 animals in a relatively small space for a day.  I'm assuming at home, they can separate into more then one room if they want to get away from each other... or you want to get away from them.

I'm guessing allergies to the pets would be an ongoing issue, so not necessarily the root cause of an illness... but I'm only guessing.  Of course all the travel, change in living conditions and exposure to more people would probably up the chance of catching an illness.  Stress has also been show to increase susceptibility to illnesses.  So, glad to hear your still alive Eric.  3dwink

#678 2017-10-02 13:58:42

Augur
Wasted

More probably road dust, polen, or other allergens, including animal skin flakes, etc... Or if you had the car air conditioner on while driving for 8 hours or so, that could also be the cause. Usually antihystamines help reduce symptoms. Actually antihystamines are recommended almost in all cases where a person suffers from congestion of his respiratory system as it alleviates (although not necessarily cures) its symptoms.

#679 2017-10-03 04:53:27

bigfoot
Wasted

Too bad there is not a potion available for you! Hope you're feeling better soon.

#680 2017-10-03 06:10:19

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I am mostly recovered at this point.  Still a mild headache, but I have those so frequently anymore that I almost don't notice them.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#681 2017-10-04 15:25:51

StoryJunkie
Wasted

I, for one, am glad you made it home and things can get back to a more normal setting for you. I have nothing to say about why you were feeling bad, I'm not a computer screen Doctor (heh just messing with the others on trying to diagnose what's wrong...as a joke people, as a joke lol)

I do also hope that the creative juices get going and we can look forward to a new chapter next month.

#682 2017-10-18 02:54:02

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for October 17, 2017:

The Woodward Academy, Year 7, Chapter 8: January has been started.

Judge for yourself the likelihood of me releasing this chapter on November 1.

3dsad

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#683 2017-10-18 03:18:53

Elessar
Completely Blotto

I'm sad to say, I actually forgot about the story and everything going on. Hope things find their way upward.

#684 2017-10-18 17:45:05

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

You and a lot of other people, if the donations are any indication.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#685 2017-10-18 20:39:42

Tuzzdeny
Inebriated

I made a small contribution this month, but all of my household's flex-able spending went to Hurricane relief.  3dsad

Eric Storm wrote:

You and a lot of other people, if the donations are any indication.

Eric Storm

#686 2017-10-18 23:30:12

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Not blaming anyone for that.  I never want anyone to put themselves in trouble to help us out.  But it is one gauge I use to know whether the site is bringing people here from month to month.  Obviously, right now, it's not.  And that is mostly my fault, for getting behind with the story.  (Which I'd love to blame on Irma, except that I was behind long, long before Irma showed up.)

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#687 2017-10-29 22:22:07

islandman79#
Inebriated

He you better soon Eric .
They cut off my left leg last night due to ilness

#688 2017-10-29 22:45:45

Elessar
Completely Blotto

Eric, you can't even blame yourself. At least not really. There are a dozen other writers on the site, several of which are very good. Yet suddenly stopped writing and no longer are here. We appreciate the hard work you do but you should remember, your not alone, you are not the only writer, a favorite, but not the only.

Last edited by Elessar (2017-10-29 22:46:16)

#689 2017-10-30 02:43:52

darthel0101
Completely Blotto

islandman79# wrote:

He you better soon Eric .
They cut off my left leg last night due to ilness

My condolences on the leg. I hope you recover from the surgery quickly and may your rehab and prostho fitting/adjustment be smooth.

#690 2017-11-05 14:37:49

Sirkenii
Inebriated

Eric,

I lost my job and home about three months ago just started working again 2 weeks ago, expect to get another membership purchase in 2 weeks, understand I don't pay it because what you do or do not put out I do it because of the quality of what you have put out.

Respectfully,  Ken H II,   P.s. I swear I am not addicted.

#691 2017-11-06 08:53:49

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Congratulations on getting a new job.  While the donations were missed, I hope you've gotten yourself stabilized now before making donations to us.

And, please, do not refer to it as a "membership purchase".  It's a donation.  Legally, it doesn't entitle you to squat.

It has to be this way, because PayPal does not allow the use of its service for the purchase of adult products and services.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#692 2017-11-06 17:27:08

Sirkenii
Inebriated

Laughing, yes I am rebounding because of friends and family allowing me to couch set or live in closets. Laughing. But t membership, donation, or charity to me it's the sam paying an artist for the work he has done. And hope he continues.

Respectfully, Ken Ii

#693 2017-11-09 22:54:36

KaosKing
Inebriated

Hope you two are doing okay. Hoping this new job opportunity pans out and they hire me, then I can get you a decent donation. I've always enjoyed your story telling, just the right amount of lewd mixed in with good story. I'm a big fan of yours and hope you'll never stop as long as the creative spark keeps alive in you.

Plus, I love the Woodward series. I'm undecided yet, but I think, in my opinion, it may replace Ron.

#694 2017-11-10 05:41:44

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

That it didn't do that several books ago, disappoints me concerning my current skill.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#695 2017-11-10 06:57:55

Sniper
Inebriated

It is not all about skill. The concept of the story needs to appeal to the reader. For Woodward Academy you have a fanbase that is going to stick with you till the end. Maybe there is some reluctance of new readers to start reading something that massive? As far as I know you posted CAMP on another site before starting your own.

#696 2017-11-10 07:43:50

KaosKing
Inebriated

Well, nostalgia keeps Ron still in high regard for me. But I like a lot of your series. Magic or Psionics, I'm sold.

And I think Woodward is overall better and far more versatile in its utilization of various universal energies. CAMP will always just have a special placement

#697 2017-11-10 18:43:36

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Sniper:

CAMP: Ron's Journey was originally posted to Usenet.  I'm imagining that some of the people reading this don't even have any idea of what Usenet is/was, or the importance it played in the '90's.  After that, I created a very small personal website for my own works.  CAMP's first 19 chapters did make it into the Erotic Mind Control Stories Archive, but I'm pretty sure that I formed EWP before I posted to SOL.  I made a personal site over on ASSTR, which I haven't really kept up to date, and of course, then there's The Pub.

Other than these sites, and one small site on ASSTR, there have been no other approved publishings of the story.  I have reposted to Usenet on occasion, but haven't done that in several years, due to the serious decline in its use.

But CAMP's real popularity stems from that release to Usenet.  In 1997, Usenet was a primary distribution method for stories.

Eric Storm

PS:  For those unaware, Usenet is also known as "the newsgroups".  It is a massive bulletin-board like system, or forum, if you like, that anyone can post to.  It is divided into various hierarchical categories.  Some newsgroup names you might recognize are alt.sex.stories, alt.binaries.pictures.erotica, and alt.wesley.crusher.die.die.die.  (Yeah, people disliked him THAT much.)  Google Groups uses the Usenet as its "base", though they have also added on their own groups structure.

----
Facebook page

#698 2017-11-10 22:29:27

StoryJunkie
Wasted

I first read CAMP on the Erotic Mind Control Stories site, and after reading the first 19 chapters I looked all over for it to finish the story. I finally found this site (I used to have  a hard time thinking of ways to look stuff up, but I'm a little better now lol) and since then I have had a good time reading your other stories and stories from the other authors here.

#699 2017-11-13 23:57:37

iccrmmkr
Inebriated

Take your time get caught up we will be here still when you are able to post again.

#700 2017-11-20 06:00:15

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Yay!  I wrote something!

Been nearly a fucking month since I last did so.

3dsad

I don't anticipate having this chapter finished by the first.  I am, at this point, abandoning my posting schedule.  These chapters will, from now on, be posted when they're ready.  They will not be posted closer together than a month apart, however.  If at any point I feel comfortable returning to the 1st of the month schedule, I will do so.  Until then, you'll get the chapters as soon as they're finished, reviewed, and proofread.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

Board footer