You are not logged in.

#1 2008-09-22 02:36:50

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Site Updates - 2008-09-21

Several announcements to make at this time.  They are as follows:

Milestone Reached!
The Mystic Wolf Pub has reached 2500 registered members!  Way to go!

Results of Recent Author Invitations
Recently, I contacted two authors, inviting them to join The Pub.  These invitations were made based on User Recommendations.  (Yes, we DO pay attention to who you want on the site.)  In one case, the author never responded at all, and so we assume he is not interested.  In another case, the author declined our invitation, preferring to remain a reader rather than a contributor.  The two authors in question (in no particular order) are John Wales and Lazlo Zalezac.  I have removed these authors from the Recommend a Contributor section, and have posted a note on the page to remind people not to bother recommending them again.

Prospective Authors Section
Becoming a full-fledged contributor to this site is by invitation only, but we also want to encourage new authors to try their hand at writing.  So, we have instituted a Prospective Authors section.  Anyone will be able to post to this section, to let people see their work.  The readers will then use the Recommendation System to give their opinion of the author.  When certain set criteria are reached, we will evaluate the author and see if we want to ask them to become full-time contributors here.  For a full rundown on exactly how this will work, go to this page.

New Feature for Donators
For those donators who have smart phones with Internet browsing capability, (or who just don't want to bother with all the fancy stuff on the normal site) we have added a more mobile-friendly section of the website.  This contains ONLY the stories; there is no recommendation system, or searches, or forum.  This is designed to allow you to read on the go; it is not designed as a site replacement.  Also, the only phone I had to check this on was LAoW's, so I cannot guarantee it will work on yours.  If it doesn't, email me and let me know what's wrong.  OR you could just send me your phone.  3dsmile  This section can be accessed through the main menu, or you can link directly to http://www.wolfpub.org/mobile   Please be aware this is ONLY for donators; if you are not a listed donator, it'll kick you back to the regular site... where you can donate! 3dbig_smile

Donation Request
I hate to keep coming to you guys for money, but it is occasionally necessary.  LAoW and I are separating, and as such, I will be moving again.  It will be just as expensive to do this time as it was last time, so I'm going to need all the help I can get.  However, I think that once I am settled in my new place, I will be able to return to writing at a more aggressive pace.  So, if you want to see more writing out of me, you should try to get me moved as fast as you can.  Whatever your motive, if you can at all help out in this time of need, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for your attention,
Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#2 2008-09-23 06:09:52

advancewar
Wasted

Re: Site Updates - 2008-09-21

woot 2500 people......also separtaing as in leaveing   if so im sry to here that. i dont know what the situation  was but seperations of any sort are usualy hard( exept of course wene you cant stand each other, if thats was the case then grats but i find it unlikly)   love the new quote btw

life=books

#3 2008-09-23 09:52:16

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Site Updates - 2008-09-21

Yes, separating as in leaving.  No, we do not hate each other.  Beyond that, it's a personal matter, sorry.

Glad you like the new quote.  I found it very apropos when I saw it.

Eric

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

Board footer