The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-01 04:51:08

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Site Announcement, 2008-12-01

Okay, folks... it's that time of year again.  In January, the hosting bill for the site will come due.  I have decided to do things just a little differently this year, however.  All donations received in December will go toward the cost of hosting the site.  If we receive more than the cost of a year's worth of hosting in donations, I will pay for more than a year of hosting, up to two years' worth.  Of course, if I do not get enough to pay for a year of hosting, I will buy less than that.  I can buy hosting in 1, 6, 12, and 24 month increments.  So, if not enough donations come in for 12 months, I'll buy 6... or 1.  If not enough donations come in to cover a single month of hosting, I'll just close the site.  I cannot afford to pay the bill for this site at this time.

Also, I have implemented new "procedures" for donators.  Now, the minimum donation is $6.00, instead of $15.00.  However much your donation is (above $6.00), you will get one month of "donator access" for every dollar of your donation.  So, $6 gets you six months of donator access, $12 gets you a year, and so on.  Those people who have already donated have had their donations taken into account for the new system, so if you donated $20, 4 months ago, you still have 16 months left.  "Donator Access" includes the following benefits:  no ads on the site, access to the Pre-Release Materials section, multiple download formats, and access to the "mobile" version of the website... And anything else we decide to add in the future for donators only.

To encourage you to donate, I have also added two new items to the PRM section:  CAMP: Sibling Rivalry chapter 3, and Paladin chapter 4.  I am moving Justice Seven chapter 11 out of PRM to the public site at this time.

Thank you for your time.  I hope everyone has a happy holiday season.

Sincerely,
Eric Storm

PS:  Please note that the change in the donation system required changes in some webpage functions.  Please let me know if anything suddenly doesn't work.

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#2 2008-12-03 06:04:04

advancewar
Wasted

Re: Site Announcement, 2008-12-01

how much is 2 years of hosting?

life=books

#3 2008-12-03 06:57:05

Black Rose
Evil Bar Wench

Psst!  None of your business!  If the donations this month goes over the cost of 2 years' worth of hosting then Eric gets the rest.  Is there a problem with him actually making some money one month out of the year?  I'm not seeing what difference it makes. Unless you don't want to support the site via paying for hosting and would prefer for Eric to get whatever sum you've decided to give.  In which case, set it aside and donate in January.  Or just send him a note when you pay via paypal that you'd prefer he use the money for personal gain instead of website costs.  I'm pretty sure he wouldn't mind.

Black Rose

"Being a writer is a very peculiar sort of a job: it's always you versus a blank sheet of paper (or a blank screen) and quite often the blank piece of paper wins." – Neil Gaiman

#4 2008-12-03 20:47:33

advancewar
Wasted

no since its been awile since i donated i was actualy gonna try to make the full 2 year donation for it but i dont even have a clue what that would be. i apolagize if it sounded nosy and if it did turn out to be too much for me to be able to aford then id have said fuck it and given what i could. but i was kinda leaning toward it being  a present to everyone that likes this site.  if i could afford it id set him up so hed never have to pay bills again hes one of the most talented writers i know of. again sry if i sounded to nosy and if eric would pref i butt out and just do what i can i have no problem with that

life=books

#5 2008-12-03 20:49:39

advancewar
Wasted

ohh btw eric THANK YOU FOR NEW SIBLING CHAPTER 3dbig_smile "breaks down sobbing from the happyness of it"

life=books

#6 2008-12-04 03:19:35

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

advancewar:

Others have asked, and I've given a round figure.  Including hosting and domain registration, it costs roughly $100.00 a year to keep this site running.  The rest of the donations are used to keep me fed, housed, and clothed.  (And trust me, you WANT me clothed!!!!  3dsmile  )

As you can see, we are already approaching the mark for two years of hosting.  If you'd like to take us over the top, go right ahead.  3dsmile

Eric

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

Board footer