The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-01 04:54:57

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

State of the Website, 2008/2009

Well, 2008 wasn't the year any of us had hoped for, I imagine.  A look at some of the things that happened, good and bad:

* We lost one author, and gained another.  WAY short of my goal, unfortunately.
* We now have over 2700 members.  A few short of my goal, but still good.
* Thanks to those who donated in December, the site is paid up all the way through 2010.
* I got very little writing done.

In 2009, the following changes are planned:

* The Guardian Society is hereby disbanded.  I thank those who participated, but the organization has never had a purpose, and I'm tired of looking at it.  The link to it has been removed, and its site has been deleted.
* Hopefully, we will have new contributors this year.  The site needs to grow slowly, yes, but it DOES need to GROW.
* Some new features will be added.  I'm not going to bother detailing them, since I never know what will get finished and what won't.  If there's something you really want to see here, tell me in the Feature Requests section of the forum.
* I will spend this year focusing mostly on tools for authors.  It's time that they got a little attention from the admins here.

You'll find a new poll asking about possible new contributors to the site.  The contributors listed are based on those that were recommended.  Please vote in the poll if you're a member.

Thank you, one and all, for your help in making this site what it is.  Let's hope that 2009 will be an even better year.

Eric

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#2 2009-01-01 05:21:42

WarLord
Wasted
Website

Re: State of the Website, 2008/2009

Greetings

Thanx for all your hard work and for a terrific site.  My very best for the New Year for you and Yours

Happy New Year

WarLord

"A scrupulous writer, in every sentence that he writes, will ask himself at least four questions, thus: 1. What am I trying to say? 2. What words will express it? 3. What image or idiom will make it clearer? 4. Is this image fresh enough to have an effect?" - George Orwell, Politics and the English Language, 1946

Board footer