The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-31 02:55:03

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Membership Milestone... and Personal Announcement

WHEE!  We now have 3000 registered users!  That means that 1 out of every 2 million people on the planet... has visited this site.  (Boy, 3000 sounded more impressive by itself.  3dsmile  )

And, in light of this milestone... I'm going on vacation!  3dbig_smile   No, not really.  But I will be going out of town this week.  As some of you already know, LAoW and I are getting back together.  I am going up to help her pack up, and accompany her back down here to my (now our) place.  This means that anything that goes wrong with the site... will stay "wrong" until I get back.  I will leave Bridget running in the chat room, but a power outage here will disable her.  We expect to be back here late in the week, so I should be fully caught up by next weekend.

I'd like to extend my thanks to those who have donated recently.  The money has been greatly appreciated.  With two of us once again in the household, those donations will be even more important than before.  Please give, if you can.

Benefits of donating:
- No ads on the site
- Access to the Pre-Release Material
- Access to the Mobile version of the site, at mobile.wolfpub.org
- Additional download formats available
- That warm, fuzzy feeling that you did a good deed

Again, this site will always be free.  It's not the site that makes me need the money; it's life.  Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#2 2009-05-31 18:51:11

LAoW
Completely Blotto

Re: Membership Milestone... and Personal Announcement

It's those damn mind control powers. Suckered me into it. 3dwink  *laughs knowingly*

I don't have to worry about revenge because Karma is a bigger bitch than I will ever have to be.

#3 2009-06-07 03:59:08

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

To the individual (you know who you are) who gave us a penny:  PayPal asked me to thank you for the donation.

Let me explain how PayPal works, when you accept credit cards.  For that convenience, PayPal charges a fee on every transaction, whether it involves a credit card or not.  The fee schedule is 30¢, plus 2.9% of the total.  So, if you send in $1, they will take 30¢, plus 3¢ (2.9% of $1, rounded up to the nearest cent).  So, of that $1, they take 33¢. 

If you send in $10, they still take 30¢, then 2.9% of $10, or 29¢, so total 59¢, so I receive $9.41.  To make that clearer, if one person sends in $10, I get $9.41.  If 10 people send in $1, I get $6.70.  Now, I'm not trying to pooh-pooh the smaller donations, I'm just telling you how it works.  If you send me less than 30¢, I won't see a penny of it.

I want to take this opportunity, again, to thank everyone who has donated.  You've been very kind and generous to myself and LAoW over the years.  I hope that you will continue to do what you can for us, as we struggle a bit to get re-established as a family.

Thanks,
Eric

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#4 2009-06-07 17:27:43

LAoW
Completely Blotto

Hey! Geico saved me a ton of money on my car insurance! 3dbig_smile

I don't have to worry about revenge because Karma is a bigger bitch than I will ever have to be.

Board footer