The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-10-16 10:52:41

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Seeking new feedback team

Many years ago, when I was writing CAMP and Dragonseekers, I had a group of people who would look over my stories before they were posted, who would give me new ideas, and who would let me know if things weren't going well on the stories I was currently writing.

As time went by, those people fell by the wayside.  I guess not everyone spends 13 years with erotic literature.  *shrugs*

Anyway, the point is, I am looking to recreate a group of people who are willing to interact honestly with me about my work, and to perhaps give me some alternative ideas for the way I'm going with things.  You do not need to be a writer to do this: none of the others were... well, one was, but none of the rest.  All you need to be is willing to share ideas, and give honest opinions... even if you know you're going to get growled at for them.

3dsmile (My growl is much worse than my bite... for most people.)

If you are interested in this, contact me via email with a list of the stories you would be interested in helping with.  (I'll include a list here in this message, so you don't have to go digging for them.)

So, what do you get out of helping me?

* PRM access for as long as you are helping out, even if you're not helping on all of my stories
* Access to stories weeks before they even go to PRM... MONTHS before the regular public sees them.
* The opportunity to perhaps get your own ideas incorporated into one of my stories... or to at least inspire me to have an idea of my own...
* The knowledge that you're helping out an author you like.  (If you DON'T like me, I don't want your help, so go away!  3dtongue )

Most communication with my feedback group is done through email, or IM, if you have that ability.  If we really want to brainstorm, we can always open the chat room back up for a few hours to hash something out in there.  I really liked the IM option in the old days... it worked amazingly well.

PLEASE NOTE:  This isn't just a chance to read stuff early.  If you're not giving helpful feedback, I'll remove you from the group, so don't do this unless you think you can express an opinion about new ideas, or what you feel didn't quite work out.  And for crying out loud, READ THE CRITIQUING GUIDE.

Anyway, if you're interested, email me.  (If you can't find a way to email me, then... um...  You can't read well enough to do this job.  3dwink  )

If you have questions about this "offer", post them here, so everyone can see the reply, and I don't have to answer the same question 20 times.  That's not what "20 questions" is supposed to mean!  3dbig_smile

Eric Storm

Stories which you might help on:

CASS
CAMP: Sibling Rivalry
Justice Seven
Lira's Home
Paladin
Where the Maiasaurs Roam
The Woodward Academy, Year 1

(or, of course, "All of them", and "Everything you write" are also options.)

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#2 2010-10-26 05:48:20

Nadez
Wasted
Website

Re: Seeking new feedback team

Do you still need help on this Eric?

#3 2010-10-26 05:50:13

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Why not email me, as the message says, and find out?  3dangel

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#4 2010-10-26 18:17:31

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Still waiting on that email, Nadez.

What, you have time to post fourteen things to the forum, but not enough time to send one email?  3dtongue

Eric Storm

(And you guys wonder why I have so many posts.  I have to keep responding to Nadez!  3dbig_smile )

----
Facebook page

#5 2011-09-28 20:16:07

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Consider this kind of a "bump" message.

It's been almost a year since I asked for new reviewers.  I got a few, but I don't consider that enough to do the job properly.  Therefore, I am still looking for people interested in reviewing my work before it gets posted anywhere on this website.

If you want to be part of this group, make sure you have the time to do the job.  I lost one of my reviewers because he simply didn't have the time to keep up with it.  What does "have the time to do the job" mean, specifically?  If I send you a chapter for review, it really shouldn't take you more than three days.  If I send you an email that requires a response, but isn't a review, I should get an answer within 24 hours.  (These would be "on average".  I understand that shit happens from time to time.)  Also, I am much more inclined to accept you if you've been an active participant in the community.  If I've never heard of you before, I'll be disinclined to let you peek at my stuff ahead of time.

Oh, and while Woodward Academy 2 is part of the review process, no one who isn't currently a reviewer would see any of it until Woodward Academy 1 is fully released into PRM.  (That would be the beginning of December.)

The stories I'll be looking to work on in the next year or so are Woodward Academy, Year 2, CAMP: Sibling Rivalry, and Where the Maiasaurs Roam.  Other stories may see updates, but they should not be expected.

So, if you've got the time and the inclination, send me an email.

Thanks,
Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#6 2012-05-20 19:17:56

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

bump, bump, do the bump...  3dsmile

For a while, I had a good number of reviewers.  Unfortunately, it seems that a lot of them were far more interested in getting to read stuff early than they were in actually giving opinions, and so they have been removed from my reviewer list.  This puts me right back where I was, needing more reviewers.

Here's what I want in a reviewer:
1. Able to put up with my responses to their questions and comments.  3dsmile
2. Able to put in the effort to give a REAL review, detailing what you liked, what you didn't like, what didn't work, what you'd like to see in the future, and any questions that the current chapter might have raised.
3. Able to read and review one of my chapters in 3 days or less from the time you get it.
4. Able to respond to non-review emails in less than 24 hours.
5. Able to enjoy reading a story even knowing ahead of time what's going to happen in it.  (I discuss plot lines with my reviewers frequently)
6. (optional, but highly preferable) Available on IM for some good portion of the day and able to discuss story material.

This is not an easy "blow-off" kind of job.  You're getting to read my work weeks, sometimes months, ahead of anyone else, and that does not come free.  For that privilege, I expect detailed, thought-out feedback in return.  If you are unwilling or unable to provide that, don't even bother offering.  "This was great!  I loved it!" is not a review; it's a cop-out.  WHY did you love it?  What, specifically, did you love?  My best reviewers write down their thoughts as they're reading, and send me those thoughts and questions.

So, still interested?  If so, contact me by email and offer your services.  Please note:  If you've never communicated with me, either through email, IM, or by posting messages on this forum, then chances are you will not be accepted as a reviewer.  I wouldn't have any way of gauging your suitability as a reviewer, and I'm not giving early access to my work to just anyone.  If you haven't commented before, and you really want to be a reviewer... send me a review of one of my chapters.  Just keep in mind that, whatever you send me, I would expect you to maintain that level of quality of review, so don't give me a five-page review, if you're not normally going to be able to do that.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

Board footer