The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-08-25 22:15:41

stgardn01
Tipsy

Time Difference of Arrival

Many years ago, you posted part of a story called "Time Difference of Arrival."  Did you ever finish the story?  Do you have it posted somewhere if completed?

Thanks,

Dr. Stan

#2 2012-08-26 01:47:07

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Time Difference of Arrival

Um... no I didn't... I've never even heard of ANY story with that title.  Are you sure about the title?  If not, a description of the story might help.

Anyone else here heard of this story, to help him find it?

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#3 2012-08-26 06:01:51

stgardn01
Tipsy

I have the author listed as artie which I thought was one of your pen names, NetWolf was also listed a a pen name.   Story line is a researcher who has been forced out of the company he either worked for or partially owned (not quite sure which).  Anyway company has problems and comes back asking for his help.  basically it interacts with something that aliens are doing trying to repair their star drive.  He agrees to help fix it if they will take him with them when they leave.  The aliens exchange 'envelops' i.e. bodies to suite the type of work they are doing. 

Is that enough for someone to recognize?  I do have about 300 pages of the story...

Dr. Stan

#4 2012-08-26 06:28:46

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I recognize the name Artie, but it's never been one of my pen names.  The commonality of "Net Wolf" as a name is one of the many reasons I changed it to Eric Storm to begin with.

I don't recognize the story myself.  Hopefully one of the other kind souls here will know where to find it.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#5 2012-08-26 06:37:05

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

UPDATE:

Remembering the name Artie, I went digging on ASSTR.

ftp://ftp.asstr.org/pub/Authors/artie/text

This is the final list of his stories.  Artie has retired as of Jan. 1, 2012.

http://www.asstr.org/~artie  (his final message)

He says he MIGHT be back, but don't count on it.

Hope this helps...
Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

Board footer