The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#101 2012-01-26 17:57:15

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Justice Seven

Yeah, keep waiting.  It's well down the list of writing projects.

Glad you enjoyed this story, though.  Thanks for the feedback.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#102 2012-04-20 09:28:21

partha8993
Inebriated

tell me,what is the title of the 3rd chapter....i am confused if i missed something.....
'Justice Seven

Episode 3: Loki's Many Lives'

again.......
Justice Seven

Episode Six: Loki's Revenge 1

Author's Note: This story takes place out of sequence with the Introduction stories. Episodes 1 - 5 take place in order. This story, however, starts immediately following ''''Episode 3: The Many Faces of Loki''', and progresses from there.

(posted from the Item Information Page)

Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

#103 2012-04-20 16:43:40

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Um... is it really relevant?  Apparently when I wrote the note for Ep. 6, I didn't go back to look at what I'd named Ep. 3.

Either that, or somewhere along the way the name got changed.

*shrugs*

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#104 2012-04-24 14:44:09

partha8993
Inebriated

at Episode 14: Project GUARDIAN why did the had to protect themselves with loki-elephant and staff........ Jim could hav simply create an  TKshield around them...like Ron in camp does all the time.

#105 2012-04-24 18:02:27

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

1. Did you EVER see Jim create a TK shield that could stop an object moving near the speed of sound?

2. Even Ron couldn't stop bullets in the heat of battle.

Different universe, different rules.  Jim does not have the ability you're asking him to use.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#106 2012-04-25 00:27:52

partha8993
Inebriated

where did this telepath come from? is he the result of PROJECT GUARDIAN cycle 4 ? or is he natural........is he was created then it would have been listed by the govt  [from last chapter]

#107 2012-04-25 01:10:17

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Yes, he is part of Cycle 4.  And yes, he would have been listed by the government.  Did I somewhere say he wasn't?

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#108 2012-04-25 16:13:58

partha8993
Inebriated

so, when u write j7 again......in near or distant future,will it  on cycle 4 or msda memberS [now as STRAIN]? or both?

#109 2012-04-25 18:32:35

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

It's a rather large assumption on your part that I will ever work on a sequel to Justice Seven, something I've not said I'm going to do.

As to your question, if I were going to write a sequel, it would have to be on both.  Just who do you think it was that was recruited into STRAIN at the end of the book?  That was Cycle 4.  Where did you think all those meta-humans suddenly came from?

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#110 2012-05-22 19:41:07

RED_FOX87
Inebriated

I kind of have mixed feelings about this story ending. On the one hand, I'm glad that I got to see the ending of the story, but on the other, I'm sad that it ended. Though I guess we can look forward to a sequel or spin-off, even if it isn't in the immediate future, STRAIN sounded very promising. One thing that was kinda bugging me though, was wondering what the hell happened to Loki. Last thing we heard of him, he was taking of with the girl, but we never found out where or to do what. I hope we see him in the sequel or better yet, in his on spin-off, as we barely saw any of him in the last few chapters, and he was my favorite characters.

Sex is good, Sex is fine, Doggystyle Or 69, For having fun Or getting paid, Everyone likes Getting laid.

#111 2012-10-04 04:40:56

Rynhold79
Inebriated

WOW!!! This was an amazing story.

Are there further stories planned for the J7 universe?

(posted from Episode 20: Conclusions)

I just read thru all of the posts before mine, I apologise asking a question that has already been asked.

Last edited by Rynhold79 (2012-10-04 05:17:26)

#112 2015-11-08 01:49:05

Rescue25
Wasted

Quite a ride.  Well written as always.  Really sorry to see the end of the series.  You have done a superb job of making the characters  seem real. Small touches like the bathroom scene where she was suffering from stomach distress - have nothong to do with the story but made them seem like real people.  KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

B

#113 2015-11-08 07:24:52

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Glad you enjoyed it.  I would mention, though, that the scene in question advances the relationship not just with Jim and Jen, but Jim and Stacy, and so does have something to do with the story...

Thanks for the feedback,
Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#114 2015-11-27 11:24:27

itsfun
Tipsy

you had a good story here with all the time
you wrote this guy up being this great guy just
to make him pond scum,
this story sucks h

(posted from Episode 11: The Mamas & the Papas)

#115 2015-11-27 11:41:59

itsfun
Tipsy

so with jim being a piece of shit ,and lori dreaming of luke for three years before meeting him make this story just a big waist of time ,this last chapter just made all that time to make this superheros,
just to make them fucking slime balle ,and ol great guy jim should get his brain wiped ,hows your hairem now ,

(posted from Episode 11: The Mamas & the Papas)

#116 2015-11-27 13:51:25

itsfun
Tipsy

nobody cares that luke was back stabed by jim
come on hes just fuck off like that ,what are you ?your going write about justice ,you know thats wrong that no one sees. . . fuck ,that just piss me off  what waist of time ,justice come on

(posted from Episode 12: The Case of the Purloined Players - Part One)

#117 2015-11-27 21:02:08

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Ah, another person who's too busy seeing what they want to see instead of seeing the truth.

First, let me say that it would be nice if you took the time to actually write legible sentences.  I'm not even sure what you were trying to say in half of your messages.  I do get the gist that you felt that Jim and Lori betrayed Luke, and you see Luke as a victim.  I will respond to that as I have in the past.

Jim never "backstabbed" Luke.  When he and Lori had sex, Lori had already dumped Luke.  Are you claiming that Luke owns Lori for her entire life?  She was his girlfriend, not his property.  Luke had no claim to her.  She ended her commitment to him, and she ended his privilege to expect loyalty from her.

Luke had been cheating on Lori.  With his mother, he was having sex with a woman about whom Lori did not know, and had not consented to.  This is the true betrayal in these events.  He acted as though they were in an open relationship, while denying her that privilege, and he wasn't denying it because he wanted them to be monogamous: he was doing it because he didn't want to share her.  He wanted to eat his cake, and have it, too.

You talk about betrayal, but in order for there to be a betrayal, a promise would have to be broken.  Jim never made a promise not to sleep with Lori after she was unattached.  Lori never made a promise to be celibate after breaking up with Luke.  (In fact, she made it rather obvious that she would be sleeping with other men)  The only person who broke their promise in these relationships was Luke.

Lori asked for an open relationship.  Luke said no... but then continued to act as if they did have an open relationship.  This is deceitful, hypocritical, and a true betrayal.  All the things you blame Jim for being.  At most, it was unseemly for Jim and Lori to get together at that time.  However, as I'm sure you're fully aware, they didn't exactly set out to do so; it was a moment of passion.  AND it wasn't like they'd planned on throwing it in Luke's face: he chose to invade their privacy, and paid the price by gaining knowledge he'd have been much happier without.

Where is the justice, you ask?  I think there's an awful lot of justice occurring when someone who cheats on his girlfriend gets dumped and has to see her with some other guy.  You try to paint Luke as the victim, but he was, in fact, responsible for all of the events that occurred.  Even the first act of sex between Jim and Lori would not have taken place had Luke not betrayed Lori in the first place.  Luke could be forgiven for the initial act of sex with his mother.  He could not be forgiven for hiding it from Lori, however... and it was his conscious choice to continue that relationship... again, without telling Lori.  Is it any wonder that she would dump him over such a thing?  It would even be fully understandable if she had actually sought out either Jim or Akira and slept with them in revenge.  (Not very nice, but understandable.)  But that is not what happened.  No, what happened was two friends first shared an emotional conversation, and then their hormones took over.  That they continued the relationship after the initial counter had nothing to do with Luke, and everything to do with two people realizing they had complementary needs and skills.

I can only assume that at some point in your past, you were dumped by a girl who then started dating one of your friends.  I can see no other reason you would be completely blind to the fact that Luke brought the entire mess upon himself by his choices and his actions.  Lori and Jim did what they did outside of any consideration of Luke whatsoever, except to attempt to keep it hidden from him, which they were doing in order to keep from hurting his feelings.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#118 2015-12-03 16:59:56

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

johnny rotten wrote:

What's with it.... women asked us to share our feelings and be honest, but b can't handle it and get angry at us when they don't hear what they want to hear.....

I believe that even if Luke had given up all the other woman forlorn that she still would have cheated on him, and the fact that she ended up having sex with Jim shows both her and his true character, or rather their lack of.....

(Moved from an incorrect forum so that I could respond to it in the appropriate location)

No idea why you posted this comment to a Woodward Academy thread.

Your first comment seems entirely irrelevant to the situation, and more a comment about your own life.  Lori was not asking him to share his feelings; she was asking him to commit to something one way or the other.  The problem Lori was having was that Luke would not commit in either direction.  He refused to allow her an open relationship, but then acted as if he was in one.  This is highly unethical behavior (in case you're confused about that).

As to your "belief" concerning Lori, you are wildly incorrect, and it shows an obvious misunderstanding of her personality.  What would MOST LIKELY have happened is that she would have eventually broken up with him, and went on to seek the experiences she wanted.  I can only assume you would also see this as her betraying him, somehow, but the fact is that relationships are supposed to end when the relationship goals of the two people involved are no longer compatible.

But, now here's the kicker:  YOU seem to have this strange notion that, no matter whether she is still with Luke or not, she still belongs to him.  This is made obvious by the fact that you said you believe she would "STILL have cheated on him" (emphasis added).  LORI DID NOT CHEAT ON LUKE.  Once Lori severed the relationship, once she said, "We are done," SHE HAS THE RIGHT TO DO WHATEVER THE HELL SHE WANTS TO.  She is not his property, and she owes him nothing.  Luke broke the trust first.  You are hung up on the idea that Lori slept with Jim... yet you seem to COMPLETELY IGNORE the fact that Luke slept with his mother.  Is there a difference between the two?  Yes, but not one you want to hear.  Luke sleeping with his mother was a violation of a commitment.  Lori and Jim together was not.

I can't fathom how you can be surprised that a girl who was asking for an open relationship actually ended up having sex with another boy shortly after breaking up with her boyfriend.  Her whole point was that she wanted to experience new things.

You make statements equating Lori having sex with Jim as a lack of character on both their parts, but you don't back that up in any way, shape, or form.  Exactly HOW is this a "lack of character"?  They've done nothing unethical in the slightest.  Jim has permission to sleep with whoever he likes, and Lori is unattached.  Again, as I've said previously, the only one here who performed an unethical act is the person you want to make out as the victim: Luke.  He DID cheat on Lori, and she dumped him for it.  This is one of the BETTER reasons for dumping someone (in case you're confused about that).

Eric Storm

PS: Oh, and as to the whole "soul mate" thing?  If you had read further in, you would have understood where that originated, and why it's not really as cut and dried as you think it is.  Let's just say that they were destined to meet, but not necessarily destined to remain together.

----
Facebook page

#119 2015-12-05 04:12:00

johnny rotten
Inebriated

I have to say great writing!
Maybe it's just me, you could have meant it that way, but I sound Jim's character to be a protagonist in the story. I find that Luke's character, had it not been for Jim, would have been a strong role model and well liked person. Just as Lex Luthor as an example would have been were it not for Superman being his protagonist.
Look at this. Lori who was Lucas soulmate so much that she dreamed of him before she ever met him. After being around the group and especially Jim who admitted that he found her attractive, All of a sudden decides she wants an open relationship. A coincidence? I would have thought so had I not found out later of Jim's other power. So whether Jim meant to or not he really did steal Luke's girl Lori. From that moment on it changed how you would react to anything that happened. Luke couldn't put his finger on it but he knew something was wrong with this whole ordeal. Of course all those women in the group under Jims power would see Luke as being paranoid and being in the wrong. But face and he even proved it that any woman that he found tractive and wanted to have sex with would end up having sex with him and see no problem with it actually changing their way of thinking to make this happen. So who was really the bad guy in this really?
I have seen and other stories where an otherwise good person coming up against their protagonist tries to destroy them becoming a bad person or at least in everyone's eyes because they don't know what's going on truthfully. I'm surprised in this story that Luke's character did not turn to the dark side quote unquote to get back his soulmate and to free the other women from this brainwashing. Had I been Luke with his mental abilities I would have tried to find a way to  block Jim's ability either in his mind or in that of his  brainwashed victims. How would these women feel test this process could have been stopped or reversed, or could it even make a difference once out from under or could it even make a difference once out from under his persuasive ability even without it affect would it still change the perception of the way they had seen things would it still change the perception of the way they had same things and felt about things.
As I said maybe it's just me, but I catch points like that where people actually mistake the monster for the hero or heroin because somebody else is doing that because of they're knowledge of them. Sigmund Freud would have a field day....lol

As I said great work! I look forward to seeing what else you have in store for us.
as always
johnny rotten

#120 2015-12-05 04:28:07

johnny rotten
Inebriated

Your post on November 27th 2015 stated that Luke was cheating on Laura which is true but she was also cheating on him thoe it was with another woman. In the way you wrote it I don't think that even if he had agreed to be monogamous, that she could have , that she could have or would have kept that agreement.....
I understand your point of view about owning somebody and it is your story under normal circumstances I could agree with you, but you don't sleep with a friend's ex girlfriend that's my belief. And second off when you throw in Jim's special powers it changes everything.

#121 2015-12-05 05:52:38

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Okay, let's be clear on a few things:

1) The first person to cheat was always Luke.  He was sleeping with Zoe when he met Lori, and he continued to do so, without telling Lori for a long time.  In other words, Luke was lying to her from day one. 

2) Yes, Lori slept with Claire, and the first few times, this was cheating.  However, as soon as Luke found out about it, he consented to it.  At that point, it ceases to be cheating.

3) If we consider it, really, they cheated about equally:  Luke with Zoe and Barbara, and Lori with Zoe and Claire.  The difference, of course, is that Lori was asking for them both to be able to sleep with whomever they pleased... AND at the time of the breakup, she wasn't cheating on him with anyone, because he had given explicit permission for her to have sex with both Zoe and Claire.  Lori had given him explicit permission to sleep with Zoe, but she wasn't even aware of Barbara.  The truth is that this relationship was destined for disaster from the very beginning, because the two people refused to communicate openly.

3) Lori was not "brainwashed" by Jim.  Jim did not see her as a potential sexual partner while she was dating Luke.  Also, let's be clear:  Projective empathy is not true mind control.  It can instill in a person a very strong emotion, but it cannot force their actions.  It can strongly motivate in a specific direction, yes, because emotions always do.  The thought pattern of the women in Jim's life has not truly been altered.  Jen is the only one who is "odd", in allowing her boyfriend to be shared.  The others knew that they were never going to get a monogamous relationship in the first place.  They simply happen to be women who are okay with that.  Jim never hid his dalliances from any of the women in his life, so they were making an informed decision to stay with him. 

4) Your "belief" concerning ex-girlfriends isn't really relevant.  In real life, it happens on a daily basis.  It doesn't make those people "evil", "slime", or even bad.  It makes them normal.  You're suggesting that a potential life partner should be completely off-limits because of who they have previously dated.  That's idiotic.  AT MOST, if there was an intention to develop a relationship, the third party should be forewarned.  In this case, no actual relationship was intended, beyond the physical... and the third party gave them no chance to forewarn him, but instead invaded their privacy to obtain the information forcibly.

5) You are reading way too much into the "soul mate" thing.  That set of dreams was an attempt by the government to make sure that Luke and Lori got to know each other.  There wasn't anything mystical going on; it was pure manipulation on the part of the government.  There was no way for them to guarantee compatibility, however.

6) Luke was never a "good guy".  He's a hacker, for one thing.  This isn't a role model character by any means.  He does whatever he feels like doing, with little to no thought of anyone else (and he did from the very first chapter).  He has no compunction about breaking the law if he feels he can get away with it.  He is already on the dark side.  As to him taking on Jim in the fashion you're speaking of... even if he could, how do you think Jim might react to Luke interfering in his life that way?  Look what he did to Paul.  Luke's not stupid.

7) Jim was not responsible for Lori wanting an open relationship.  Zoe was.  Lori was a sheltered individual, suddenly "shown the light" by this other girl.  Like many (if not most) who have been denied something pleasant for a long time and then suddenly getting a taste of it, Lori wanted more.  She wanted to discover all the experiences she could possibly have, wanted to know all there was to know about sex, especially as it pertained to her.  Jim had absolutely nothing to do with this decision on her part.  If it had been Jim's doing, she would not have wanted "an open relationship", she would simply have wanted to sleep with Jim.

8) Jim is no monster.  Every conscious action he takes is with other people in mind.  Yes, he has this "thing" in his head.  He doesn't abuse it; he isn't sleeping with a different woman every night, like he could be.  However the ladies' feelings came about, Jim had to develop his feelings for them on his own, the normal way.  Jim agonizes over his ability; he doesn't want to make use of it, but sees no real way around it.  Jim acts, as best he can, in an ethical fashion, to help others and be kind to his loved ones.

9) The initial encounter with Lori and Jim was essentially an accidental occurrence; he did not seek to develop a relationship with Lori, it just happened.  It should also be noted that this initial encounter had more to do with Lori's hypersensitivity than Jim's empathy, as well.  I had already pointed out that she was highly aroused after exercise.  Now she's faced with an equally aroused male, hugging her.  At that point, she needed no extra push.  She would almost have slept with Paul under those circumstances.

10) Ultimately, what this boils down to is that you're complaining that my characters are actually acting like people, rather than caricatures.  I don't write the "Superman" kind of character, who is almost entirely "good and holy".  I write people.  People have flaws, problems, and different ways of looking at things.  I find it more interesting.  Were Lori and Jim's actions perhaps ill-timed?  Yes.  Were they not-well-thought-out?  No, they weren't.  Were they unethical?  Not in the slightest.  It is far more unethical to think, "Just because I used to sleep with her, and you know me, you can't sleep with her."  That's a controlling and egocentric attitude... and precisely the kind of thing that made Lori dump him in the first place.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#122 2016-02-01 21:41:24

Rescue25
Wasted

OK.  I'm hooked.  What is the continuation?  And when is it to be posted.

#123 2016-02-01 22:38:48

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

*snort*

Don't hold your breath.

If/when there is ever a continuation, it would pick up where the epilogue leaves off, following STRAIN activities.  And it probably would end up more as a series of short stories rather than a cohesive novel.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#124 2016-02-03 00:41:01

riun
Inebriated

Eric it looks like you may be feeding a troll in your house.
3dyikes

"The curse of a reader is reading faster than the author can write (or post)."

#125 2016-02-03 04:25:01

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Um... as Rescue25 has posted numerous comments to the site (You'll notice his post count is up to 99 as of the time I'm writing this), I don't think he's just trolling.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

Board footer