The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#101 2010-05-12 02:11:34

silverdragon
Tipsy

Re: CAMP: Ron's Journey

Very excellent writings man!!  You should try and get published, if you have and they didn't sign you, dumb-asses!!  Your definitely an extremely talented writer.  I just finished Ron's Journey after being introduced to the series by sibling rivalry.  I hope you continue with that series!!  Keep up the great writing man!!!

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#102 2010-05-21 07:26:23

CJay123
Tipsy

Probably one of the best things I've read on the internet. I've read both Camp: Ron's Journey and Sibling Rivalry and it definitely qualifies me to say that amongst all the rubbish on the internet, occasionally you do find a true gem.

I hope you'll continue, it is really great.

Chris

#103 2010-05-21 20:12:59

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I'm glad you're enjoying the story.  Yes, I am continuing.  Chapter 6 of Sibling Rivalry is about halfway done.

Thanks for the feedback,
Eric

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#104 2010-06-10 09:56:27

Steen3
Inebriated

Deleted

Last edited by Steen3 (2016-06-15 11:09:15)

#105 2010-06-10 10:02:19

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Hmmm.  Make you re-read the entire story, or just tell you....  Tough choice... 3dsmile

Go to the Epilogue. Re-read the last two paragraphs before "A Final Look".  Then think about the only person mentioned in the story that might fit that last paragraph.

(You didn't think I was just gonna TELL you, did you?  3dbig_smile )

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#106 2010-06-10 12:53:32

Steen3
Inebriated

Hah. Oh wow, what an oversight, how on earth did I possibly miss that 3dsmile.

You are definitely one of, if not my favorite erotic authors. It is, in my mind a very close tie between yourself, and "Asexual Pseudonym" from XNXX, author of the novels 'Nascent' and 'Beauty'.

It truly is a shame that books of this kind are so unlikely to find publishers, and I would have certainly purchased myself a copy long ago.

Thanks again,

S.

#107 2010-09-07 03:13:52

thehilz
Completely Blotto

I absolutely loved CAMP. Just started reading it last night and couldn’t stop until I finished it (thank god for it being a holiday). Keep up the great work.

#108 2010-09-07 03:48:42

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Glad you enjoyed it.  Now, go get some sleep!  3dsmile

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#109 2010-09-09 09:35:21

Jefferson
Completely Blotto

Always denying people their sleep. Tsk tsk tsk. 3dsmile

#110 2010-09-09 20:08:01

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Hey, I never told him to read it straight through!  If he'd been with me in the beginning, he'd have taken four and a half years to read it...  3dsmile

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#111 2010-09-15 00:41:05

Rhapsody4fire
Banned

You are by far my favorite author ever
Thanks for writing camp
and please keep up the great work

#112 2010-09-15 02:11:55

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Glad you enjoyed the story.  Hope you like my other stories, too.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#113 2010-10-21 17:32:02

Rhapsody4fire
Banned

Eric i have been thinking about what you said about having CAMP: Ron's Journey Published, if you were to self publish and had someone that could print the book would it make it cheaper because i am willing to offer my services to have it printed and bound, up to the first 5000 copies for free.

I also have another Question.

do you have to have it published or can it just be printed in book form with a copyright sticker on it?

Last edited by Rhapsody4fire (2010-10-21 17:32:38)

#114 2010-10-21 18:53:41

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Same thing.  3dsmile  "published" to me means "in hard copy form that resembles a book".  The copyright notice would be printed right into the book, I would think.

My original discussion of having it produced in hardcover was to use a small-run printing service.  There was never going to be a "publisher" involved (except me), because no publisher will touch this book.

If you're willing to produce the book, then that makes the project more feasible.  You should contact me by email so that we can discuss details.  I should say that 5000 copies is WAY more than I would ever figure on needing.  I was looking at having about 100 or so printed.  (Of course, I have no actual idea about demand; I was going by what I could conceivably afford.)

Thank you for your offer, whether or not it turns out to be doable.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#115 2010-11-04 13:53:30

David
Tipsy

Eric,just to say thanks for the pleasure of reading your stories.  So far I have read The Favour and Arifacts1.  Both good reads with chatacters that became well developed and drove the story lines along at a good clip.
Thought you would lke to know that due to the friendly nature of your download system, I have downloaded Ron's Journey, converted it to PDF and it now sits on my e-reader.  Go anywhere at the drop o a hat.  Cheers!!

#116 2010-11-04 19:24:33

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Um.... "The Favour"?

I don't have a story by this name... and certainly wouldn't, as I am neither British, nor Canadian, so I'd spell it right, without the "u".
3dbig_smile

Artifacts I is mine, though...

Anyway, glad you're enjoying my work.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#117 2011-03-11 20:00:19

dndw
Tipsy

On the subject of publishing this, it would indeed be impossible in the story's current form. However, you might consider editing the story to reduce the amount and explicity (is that a word?) of the sex. In the, say, post-CAMP part of the book this would be quite simple since (for as I can see) it only serves to strengthen emotional connections between characters, which is something that could very well be done differently (this is in no way critisism). In the first part though, it has a far bigger role, and therefore would be far harder to replace. But since you, clearly, are a talented writer (judging from the enormous amounts of positive reactions) I think you could find a way to do so without compromising on the integrity of the story.

It is quite clear that the storyline is the prevailing source of compliments, not the sex. I have never, neither here or on any other site, seen people write complaints about the fact that the amount of sex is significantly reduced in later parts of the story, even absent in some.

Having said all that, i would completely understand if you would not want to do something like this. It is, of course, your story and if you don't feel it should be altered, then simply don't.

dndw

#118 2011-03-11 23:35:47

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I have a policy of never rewriting something that is already published.  I've already broken this rule at least once on CAMP, by changing a character name.  To do what you suggest would compel me (by my nature) to literally rewrite the entire book from scratch, because I feel that the thing is flawed in dozens of ways.

No, if CAMP ever appears in hardcover, it will be self-published, so that the integrity of the story can remain intact.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#119 2011-04-02 13:38:55

SnakeEater
Inebriated

If it ever becomes available at anything resembling reasonable cost(say under $40 or so)especially if both CAMP & Sibling are printed together post something here & I will be Very happy to buy a copy.

I aint a cop or religious freak or wanting to buy it for anything but my own enjoyment.

#120 2011-04-02 17:49:27

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Well, let me dispel that rumor before it ever gets started:  CAMP: Ron's Journey and CAMP: Sibling Rivalry could not be printed together.  The book would be too large.  Most short-run publishers have page count limits around 700 or 800 pages.  CRJ alone is 600 pages, and THAT is only possible by making the font and margins smaller.  Were CRJ to be printed in the same format as a lot of the books that LAoW has lying around, which run about 270 words per page, it would be nearly 1200 pages long.

And if CRJ ever does appear in hardcover, its price will probably be right at $40.

But don't hold your breath for ever seeing it.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#121 2011-07-15 20:00:08

bearswood
Tipsy

Quite excellent. I am glad I found the rest of this story after reading Part 1 thru IV at another site. Great job!!!

(posted from Epilogue)

#122 2011-07-15 20:39:25

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Glad you enjoyed it.  I hope you like its sequel, and my other work, just as much.

Thanks for the feedback!
Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#123 2011-07-21 02:26:46

Stretch
Inebriated

Steen3 wrote:

Hah. Oh wow, what an oversight, how on earth did I possibly miss that 3dsmile.

You are definitely one of, if not my favorite erotic authors. It is, in my mind a very close tie between yourself, and "Asexual Pseudonym" from XNXX, author of the novels 'Nascent' and 'Beauty'.

It truly is a shame that books of this kind are so unlikely to find publishers, and I would have certainly purchased myself a copy long ago.

Thanks again,

S.

Does anybody have copies of these stories - they don't seem to be on XNXX anymore.

Thanks

Tony

#124 2011-07-21 02:32:14

Stretch
Inebriated

I am really enjoying working my way through your stories.  Have read most of CAMP now and read a few of the shorter other ones.

Thanks for all your efforts

Tony

#125 2011-07-28 18:40:03

clare
Tipsy

Just to let you know, you have already caused me to lose several hours.  I am hooked on the story and can't wait for the next chapter.  Great job writing.  Well thought out organization etc.  (so far at least)

(posted from Chapter 13)

Board footer