Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-08-31 16:26:01

Bridget
Barmaid
Website

Fantasy Story

Fantasy Story

Snori Hurlesson is a wizard, who, after receiving a letter, starts on a months-long journey to reclaim a lost treasure. With the help of 6 dwarves and a bandit, this is sure to be a story you can't put down.

"Snori is such a well described character. 7 out of 8" -Ripe Tomatoes

Please read The Mystic Wolf Pub Critiquing Guide.

SITE CONTENT POLICY:  The administrator of this site will not reject, remove, or censor any story posted to this site based on the story's content.  No story shall be removed except for purely technical reasons (which will be worked out with the author so that the story can be reposted as quickly as possible), or due to a direct order from the site's hosting provider, a law-enforcement entity, or the story's owner.

#2 2023-08-31 17:01:41

Skyscraper
Inebriated

Re: Fantasy Story

Sorry for the horrible font choice. I was going for something old english-y. Might not have been the best choice. 3dsad

You're either born with common sense or you're not. I was not.

#3 2023-09-01 03:30:16

Zmaybe
Inebriated

What a terrible format.  Too hard to read.  Gave me a head ache just trying to read the first paragraph.  It may be a good story, but as it is right now I will not be reading it.  A good writer uses a font that works for the majority of possible readers, This author decided not to .  Good luck.

(posted from Chapter 1)

#4 2023-09-01 13:45:51

Skyscraper
Inebriated

Yeah. I realized that. Was trying something new. I reverted back to Times New Roman. Sorry for the headache.

Last edited by Skyscraper (2023-09-01 14:08:53)

#5 2023-09-02 01:27:48

Elessar
Completely Blotto

I’m very curious to where this is going. So far seems very familiar but that could be the fantasy aspect of it.

Only complaints I can see are abrupt transitions between time periods, the random narrative aspect that seems to be going as if this was written from a 3rd person overseeing everything after the fact.

Story line itself is okay otherwise and I look forward to reading more.

(posted from Introductions)

#6 2023-09-02 04:57:07

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Zmaybe wrote:

A good writer uses a font that works for the majority of possible readers, ...

I'd just like to point out that a "good writer", that is a professional writer...

Doesn't choose fonts.  That's the job of the typesetter, a process that is completely out of the hands of the author, and an entirely different skill set.  There is absolutely no reason to expect an author - good, bad, or indifferent - to know anything about typesetting.

Of course, if the web designer would get off his ass and finish version 2.0 of this site, this wouldn't have been an issue, because ver. 2.0 has enforced typesetting (that is, the style of the text in stories is mandated by the site, not the author.)  But that hasn't happened yet, and Guardians know if it ever will.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#7 2023-09-02 14:40:25

Skyscraper
Inebriated

Elessar wrote:

Only complaints I can see are abrupt transitions between time periods, the random narrative aspect that seems to be going as if this was written from a 3rd person overseeing everything after the fact.

(posted from Introductions)

Transitions between time periods... I wanted to make sure I had my bases covered with something aside from the stereotypical "--" to delineate a change in time. The perspective is something I hope to make clearer as the story goes on (key word being hope).

Board footer