The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-01-11 23:45:52

CSquared
Wasted

User Tools

It might just be me, but I figured I'd better tell you.  Or, it might even be intentional.

In the User Tools section, when I click on "User Tools Main", a list of the menu items appears in the middle of the screen, then vanishes.  Everything else seems to work fine, so I figure that's actually meant to happen.  It's just that there appears to be a description next to each item in the list that disappears.

I'm using the latest version of Opera, by the by.

CSquared

#2 2008-01-12 00:34:44

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: User Tools

Do you not then see a box that shows up with a description of each menu item when you point at it?

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#3 2008-01-12 19:49:16

CSquared
Wasted

I do, and that's why I figured it was meant to happen.  It was just in case that I mentioned it.

CSquared

#4 2008-01-13 00:26:25

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Yes.  The "big box of descriptions" is there for people who don't have Javascript enabled.  Javascript hides that box and displays the other boxes.  I don't know of any way to make it not show that box in the beginning.

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#5 2008-01-13 15:22:08

CSquared
Wasted

Gotcha - it didn't bother me, I was just mentioning it in case it meant something was broken. XD

CSquared

#6 2008-01-13 22:47:42

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

no worries.

----
Facebook page

#7 2024-03-01 02:00:35

Aremes1951
Tipsy

Dear Eric, I've had sporadic access to internet for some time now. Seems to be resolved at present. Wolf Pub site appears to have gone through changes since the last time I visited. After signing in and contributing, accessing stories and downloading doesn't seem possible. Can't find a down loading app or instructions. NOT COMPLAINING! Know well how Life often give you "a box of chocalite" thats mostly empty, or full of cockroachs..! From perusing Your site Forums, I get the impression you,ve been having similiar experiences. Just wanted to make you're aware of the situation...I really enjoy your site! I can't imagine how much effort you put into it. I wish I still had the energy, motivation, and gumption to take on projects as challinging. Best wishes, Aremes 1951

Board footer